PDA

View Full Version : Who would be your VP choice?

Ronpauljones
08-30-2011, 02:07 PM
When Ron Paul gets the republican nomination, who would you want his running mate to be?

Bruehound
08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Selecting Rand would negate the "Ron is too old" meme. One thing I would love to see however is Tom Woods as Press Secretary.

bluesc
08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
DeMint. I also like Rand and the judge, but they would be best in the Senate and the Supreme Court, respectively.

DeMint would help with the Republicans that aren't sure about Ron, and he wouldn't hurt with independents.

Original_Intent
08-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I think Ron will be forced, as Reagan was, to take a more "establishment" running mate than we would like. I mean if it were my pick I would say DeMint, but I think Ron will have to go with someone less Tea Party-ish.

freeforall
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't know enough about a few of the choices to vote. I did recently have an interesting conversation about a Paul/Kucinich ticket the other day. Although I can't really see that playing out. I would not vote for Palin. I think her career is best suited as commentator.

pcosmar
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I am not running for office. IT IS NOT my choice.

None listed in your poll is likely.

KCIndy
08-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Where's Judge Napolitano???

He would be my first, second, and third choices.

fisharmor
08-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Remember, Ron's VP pick is going to be less a pick for president of the senate... and more a pick for life insurance.
Of those listed, only Rand fits that description.

thehungarian
08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
I think it would be between DeMint and the Judge with a personal preference for the Judge. Can you imagine Judge Nap going up against Joe Biden in a VP debate? It would be a 4-second KO strung out over 2 hours. It would be brutal. Children would be sent to bed early for fear of witnessing such a spectacle. Muhammad Ali would yell, "GOD DAMN" with a look of horror on his face. People of all ages would scuttle in the streets, weeping uncontrollably because of what they had just seen. Oh yes, my friends. It would be good.

brushfire
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
who would you want his running mate to be?

Put the Judge up there and I'll vote ;)

Bosco Warden
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
didnt he already say Andrew Napolitano would be a good choice?

I think that would be a great ticket.

Rothbardian Girl
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Quick, someone invent cloning so we can solve the problem... haha.
Seriously though, I have no idea whom I would pick for the VP. I tend to take a "let's cross that bridge when we come to it" stance. The purist in me is staunchly against anyone who isn't as principled as Ron being in that office. I would pick Rand but that would look too much like nepotism, among other issues. I guess I would go with the Judge just because I don't know how realistically we can expect the Supreme Court to change just by having a libertarian justice. Of course, he'd probably be able to do more there or as Attorney General than VP, so... lots of things to consider. I'm glad it's not up to me. I'm sure Ron has thought long and hard about this, though, and we'll probably be satisfied with whomever he does choose.

Ronpauljones
08-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Where's Judge Napolitano???

He would be my first, second, and third choices.

I knew I was missing someone :(

Ronpauljones
08-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Remember, Ron's VP pick is going to be less a pick for president of the senate... and more a pick for life insurance.
Of those listed, only Rand fits that description.

^ This.

Ronpauljones
08-30-2011, 02:37 PM
i think it would be between demint and the judge with a personal preference for the judge. Can you imagine judge nap going up against joe biden in a vp debate? It would be a 4-second ko strung out over 2 hours. It would be brutal. Children would be sent to bed early for fear of witnessing such a spectacle. Muhammad ali would yell, "god damn" with a look of horror on his face. People of all ages would scuttle in the streets, weeping uncontrollably because of what they had just seen. Oh yes, my friends. It would be good.

god damn!

Ronpauljones
08-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Can I edit the poll? I want to put The Judge in it.

realtonygoodwin
08-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I think you need a strong conservative governor, not a tea party type or one labeled as a moderate. Executive experience is a must.
A minority might be a plus, as well as someone who is young enough to dissuade fears of his age.

Maybe

Bob McDonnell
or
Susanna Martinez

Ronpauljones
08-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I made a new one to include The Judge. Please go here to recast your vote. Thanks.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312696-Who-would-be-your-VP-choice-%28Freedom-Edition%29