PDA

View Full Version : FL Sheriff Lobbies Against Pro-Gun Legislation Using SECRET File

Napoleon's Shadow
08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
This is APPALLING!!!

It's infuriating what they do.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-sheriff-political-lobbying-secret-files-20110829-1,0,5263196.story

pcosmar
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
This is exactly why registration and permits are wrong to begin with.

Every one of those permit holders has passed the background check, and has NO Felonies.
Despite their appearance or political views, they are legal permit holders.

This is why ALL gun Laws need to be wiped from the books and simple possession of a firearm (any place ,any time) unquestioned.

aGameOfThrones
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM
The idea was to distribute photographs of motorcycle gang members with valid gun permits to show legislators the sort of people who might scare away tourists if they displayed their pistols, according to an investigation by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office.

Are they talking about police? LOL

pcosmar
08-30-2011, 01:31 PM
This is going to bite them in the ass.

Key West tried to piss off bikers one year. Harassing them and arresting some. There is a Big Bike show there.
The City lost Millions in revenue.

Big Mistake. (They reversed that the next year)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_57b0jGuGlcc/TGpA0JHdGoI/AAAAAAAAArA/WdIQzmkvFO0/s1600/Key+West+Bikes+on+Duval.jpg

Not to mention the Daytona Shows.
Perhaps Florida wants to lose a lot of tourist dollars.

Bern
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't know about the folks in Florida, but I personally would be outraged that my local sheriff was lobbying to restrict my second amendment rights more than the abuse of confidential records.

pcosmar
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't know about the folks in Florida, but I personally would be outraged that my local sheriff was lobbying to restrict my second amendment rights more than the abuse of confidential records.

Not only that but targeting and posting law abiding citizens based on their Appearance.

Though that is how gun laws began. keeping guns out of the hands of undesirables. (blacks)

This needs to be shown for just how prejudicial it is.

buck000
08-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Are they talking about police? LOL

Well, if it's the tough looking biker types at Daytona and whatnot, they're probably managers and dentists... ;)