PDA

View Full Version : Questions, Questions, and more Questions!

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnyGrc3LZWw

The direction of my YouTube channel relies on the ideas, messages, and comments that I get from all of you. The Ron Paul Forums seems to be a place where the most active Ron Paul supporters are located, So I take in a lot of ideas that you all throw at me! And I try to find a way to make the next video better than the last.....

1. What do you think the best way is that we can market this idea, and get it well known to the people that Monday/Saturdays are known as Ron Paul T-shirt days? (If any of you are very good at graphic designing, you can extrememly help me! just throw me a message! (:

2. What do you think I should put in the notes that appear on my videos?

3. What should my next videos be focused on? Also, I'm thinking of making a YouTube short funny video dealing with Ron Paul that I know you all would love which could be highly spread

4. I'm really thinking of making a video on "How to become a delegate for Ron Paul? (The way we in this election)" but I need some extreme help with a transcript that I could read for this

Thoughts, Ideas, everyone! It's been a little over a week, and my videos are around 15,000 views, and I know that this number can keep growing

5. ONE LAST THING! I have an idea to make a contest on my youtube channel, because contests always get a lot of views, and video responses, so what should the CONTEST be, and what should the PRIZE be!

P.S. Longer answers the better, and thank you all so much tremendously for all the support and kind words that you have given me.

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Also for everyone that is in control of this site, Thank you so much for putting me on the front page..........It helped so much, and if you look at my views, and when I got the views, It skyrocketed when you all had me on the front page! So thank you all so much for who helped me get there, and who helped get me on the daily paul!

Maximus
08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Have you considered starting a Twitter feed for this? The Liberty community could retweet the messages and videos you post. I run one called @Catholics4RP and my personal one is @CrusaderMaximus

You may have already mentioned this, but what college do you attend? I am meeting with San Diego State students and alumni on Thursday to plan a marketing campaign for the campus. I think an angle we could take on it would be to encourage people to wear t-shirts to class on Monday as we table and talk to people. I may consider buying or having t-shirts made that we could sell for like $10 in case people don't have a shirt, they can buy it from us.

As for prizes, consider a RP book (signed by you!) or something of that nature

ptruthp34
08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Love the enthusiasm! I will do some brainstorming and get back to you!

Eric21ND
08-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Are you on Facebook? You could promote it on there on your page to all your friends. You could also set up an event page on facebook for a future event like a football game, holidays, etc. I'm not sure if your from an early primary state, or a Super Tuesday state, but it would be great if you and other supporters could hit republican voters/households and handout literature. You'd be a great ambassador for Ron Paul, especially in person. Of course wear your Ron Paul gear :)

WilliamC
08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
No ideas but thanks for your time and energy!

+ rep

cucucachu0000
08-30-2011, 01:42 PM
You should start a tumblr with pictures of people wearing there shirts and maybe ron paul events and political cartoons and such, also make sure u have a twitter for spreading info on paul and ur video updates. With the delegate idea you should try to get into contact with knowledgeable people in the process of the republican primary for there state. And make a video for each state talking about what you can do in your state to increase the likelyhood of paul getting votes. Make each state there own video as there is no one stop place for this info for all the states.

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 02:01 PM
The only problems that I have with making Twitters, Tumblrs, or any other social networking site is that I already have this YouTube account, and it is blowing up with messages, comments, and other ideas and it is a lot to manage for just myself. Mport1 has made a Facebook page, and that is incredibly AWESOME! And is such a generous gift for this cause. For anyone that is willing to make a Tumblr, or a Twitter, You have my word, and you can go ahead and make one for this! And start spreading it on there. Also, I'm not wanting to give out any information about where I live, etc.... because I have already gotten a lot of creepy/scary messages, so I hope you all would understand that! (:

teacherone
08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
thank you alexa for all your energy!

it's people like you -- extroverted with contagious enthusiasm, that can really make this movement unstoppable!

XTreat
08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I have already gotten a lot of creepy/scary messages, so I hope you all would understand that! (:

imagine that

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
thank you alexa for all your energy!

it's people like you -- extroverted with contagious enthusiasm, that can really make this movement unstoppable!

Thank you so much, we need to get this big! (: Because it's something that is so easy that everyone can be a part of!

PastaRocket848
08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
do you have a website for the promotion?

flightlesskiwi
08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
top of my head

how about a video helping promote the next moneybomb?? September 17th-- constitution day!! (a saturday, too!!!)

another idea for a prize-- a Ron Paul t-shirt! (?)

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Have you considered starting a Twitter feed for this? The Liberty community could retweet the messages and videos you post. I run one called @Catholics4RP and my personal one is @CrusaderMaximus

FOLLOW ME!! lol (http://twitter.com/eduardo_89)

V3n
08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
top of my head

how about a video helping promote the next moneybomb?? September 17th-- constitution day!! (a saturday, too!!!)

another idea for a prize-- a Ron Paul t-shirt! (?)

That's what I was going to say - time to start plugging the September 17th Money bomb.. the majority of Ron Paul's donations come from "small donations" that's donations of $250 or less. It's so important for everyone to just give a little (or a lot if you can!).. donations will be (and are always) accepted at www.ronpaul2012.com. If you've never given toward a Presidential campaign, it's a great feeling!

Thank you for your efforts Alexa!

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
The direction of my YouTube channel relies on the ideas, messages, and comments that I get from all of you. The Ron Paul Forums seems to be a place where the most active Ron Paul supporters are located, So I take in a lot of ideas that you all throw at me! And I try to find a way to make the next video better than the last.....

1. What do you think the best way is that we can market this idea, and get it well known to the people that Monday/Saturdays are known as Ron Paul T-shirt days? (If any of you are very good at graphic designing, you can extrememly help me! just throw me a message! (:

First off, promoting this idea through videos is great. We need to post the original video anywhere we can. I've sent the guy who runs the Ron Paul 2012 Facebook (http://facebook.com/ronpaul12) page and asked him to post it, they have over 220,000 fans so that should get some huge exposure (hopefully he posts it soon). Also, get a twitter account and have everyone on the forums retweet your tweets. I'll definitely do as much as I can to help you there. Also, we all need to share this with friends. And super important, we need your videos and the responses to get as many hits, favorites and likes as possible on youtube to get ranked. I also agree with the graphic design part, if someone on this forum (of which there are many talented artists) should design a profile picture for our facebook pages to use on Mondays and Saturdays to promote this.

2. What do you think I should put in the notes that appear on my videos? If you start doing issues videos, I'd have links and quotes as notes on the video. Like if you're speaking about Ron's foreign policy, maybe add a note about blowback and a link to further reading, how he has the most donations from active duty military members, the Reagan quote, etc.

3. What should my next videos be focused on? Also, I'm thinking of making a YouTube short funny video dealing with Ron Paul that I know you all would love which could be highly spread I would do some issues based videos. Foreign policy, monetary policy, his integrity/voting records. Try to stay clear of the abortion topic, it just seems to divide people too much.

4. I'm really thinking of making a video on "How to become a delegate for Ron Paul? (The way we in this election)" but I need some extreme help with a transcript that I could read for this I think that's a great idea for another video. Get people excited about becoming a delegate and explain to them how easy it is in most circumstances. Also stress about how IMPORTANT that is. We don't only need to win caucuses and primaries, but we need the delegates at the conventions!

Thoughts, Ideas, everyone! It's been a little over a week, and my videos are around 15,000 views, and I know that this number can keep growing
Congrats!!! Let's get you up to a million by the end of the year! ;)

5. ONE LAST THING! I have an idea to make a contest on my youtube channel, because contests always get a lot of views, and video responses, so what should the CONTEST be, and what should the PRIZE be! A date with you? just kidding...How about the response with the highest viewcount gets an autographed AlexaforRonPaul Ron Paul t-shirt? Or first person to get a news article written about you gets the t-shirt?

P.S. Longer answers the better, and thank you all so much tremendously for all the support and kind words that you have given me. I hope that was long enough for you!

Maximus
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
So I just created @RPaulTShirtDay on twitter

Good handle or should I try and get another one?

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
So I just created @RPaulTShirtDay on twitter

Good handle or should I try and get another one?

woohoo, i'm the first follower

willwash
08-30-2011, 04:43 PM
because I have already gotten a lot of creepy/scary messages, so I hope you all would understand that! (:

Being a young female political activist is always going to have its drawbacks. You have an ability to get way more people to view your posts and videos and thus perhaps spread the message of liberty further, but as long as people know what you look like...you're going to get a lot of that.

flightlesskiwi
08-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Being a young female political activist is always going to have its drawbacks. You have an ability to get way more people to view your posts and videos and thus perhaps spread the message of liberty further, but as long as people know what you look like...you're going to get a lot of that.

too true. :( first priority: (since you aren't anonymous anymore) stay safe.

second priority: try to be the best representative of the movement as possible-- on and off camera. the more attention you get, the more some people who don't support us may want you to "mess up" and connect any personal blunders (whether real or made up) with the campaign.

keep up the promoting!

Icymudpuppy
08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I have already gotten a lot of creepy/scary messages, so I hope you all would understand that! (:

Sorry. . I was just having a little fun, I didn't mean anything by it.

Cleaner44
08-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Alexa can you get on the chat?

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Alexa can you get on the chat?

I'm literally loaded down with so much stuff, but if you want to just message me your ideas that would be fantastic, and I can get back to you as soon as possible (:

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
First off, promoting this idea through videos is great. We need to post the original video anywhere we can. I've sent the guy who runs the Ron Paul 2012 Facebook (http://facebook.com/ronpaul12) page and asked him to post it, they have over 220,000 fans so that should get some huge exposure (hopefully he posts it soon). Also, get a twitter account and have everyone on the forums retweet your tweets. I'll definitely do as much as I can to help you there. Also, we all need to share this with friends. And super important, we need your videos and the responses to get as many hits, favorites and likes as possible on youtube to get ranked. I also agree with the graphic design part, if someone on this forum (of which there are many talented artists) should design a profile picture for our facebook pages to use on Mondays and Saturdays to promote this.

If you start doing issues videos, I'd have links and quotes as notes on the video. Like if you're speaking about Ron's foreign policy, maybe add a note about blowback and a link to further reading, how he has the most donations from active duty military members, the Reagan quote, etc.

I would do some issues based videos. Foreign policy, monetary policy, his integrity/voting records. Try to stay clear of the abortion topic, it just seems to divide people too much.

I think that's a great idea for another video. Get people excited about becoming a delegate and explain to them how easy it is in most circumstances. Also stress about how IMPORTANT that is. We don't only need to win caucuses and primaries, but we need the delegates at the conventions!

Congrats!!! Let's get you up to a million by the end of the year! ;)

A date with you? just kidding...How about the response with the highest viewcount gets an autographed AlexaforRonPaul Ron Paul t-shirt? Or first person to get a news article written about you gets the t-shirt?

I hope that was long enough for you!

I absolutely loved all of this feedback! (:

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Alexa, are you a university student? Did you wear your RP shirt on campus this Monday? What reactions did you get?

Cleaner44
08-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm literally loaded down with so much stuff, but if you want to just message me your ideas that would be fantastic, and I can get back to you as soon as possible (:

If I were you I would tie everything together, start a blog, link up twitter to tweet automatically when you post and imbed your videos in your blog

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 06:17 PM
If I were you I would tie everything together, start a blog, link up twitter to tweet automatically when you post and imbed your videos in your blog

Is there someone who could help me do this?

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 06:26 PM

try blogspot (its the only blog website i know lol)

eduardo89
08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I absolutely loved all of this feedback! (:

thanks

Working Poor
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM

I go will beat them up for you :)

Freedom of Speech
08-30-2011, 09:49 PM

3. What should my next videos be focused on? Also, I'm thinking of making a YouTube short funny video dealing with Ron Paul that I know you all would love which could be highly spread

4. I'm really thinking of making a video on "How to become a delegate for Ron Paul? (The way we in this election)" but I need some extreme help with a transcript that I could read for this

5. ONE LAST THING! I have an idea to make a contest on my youtube channel, because contests always get a lot of views, and video responses, so what should the CONTEST be, and what should the PRIZE be!

P.S. Longer answers the better, and thank you all so much tremendously for all the support and kind words that you have given me.

I love the idea for a video to get supporters to be delegates, but even more important would be a video to get them to VOLUNTEER for the campaign for door-to-door, phone banking, etc.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/sign-up-as-volunteer/

A "volunteer bomb" if you will, where people find/recruit new supporters and have them volunteer for the Ron Paul campaign or supporters who were reluctant to volunteer that just decide to do it because of a great video you will make about volunteering for Ron Paul :D

mport1
08-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Alexa, have you considered somehow partnering with the Ladies of Liberty Alliance (http://www.iamlola.org/)?

alexaforronpaul
08-30-2011, 11:01 PM
I've never even heard of them!

Liberty Shark
08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
I've watched several of the videos you made and they are great, as you are a good communicator.
However, because I think your idea is such a good one, I will designate one day a week to wear my Murray Rothbard t-shirt to help spread the message of liberty!

justinpagewood
08-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Cleaner44

Hey Alexa, if you're interested, I can help you do a blogspot. That's what I do for www.ronpauldesigns.com (http://www.ronpauldesigns.com). That way you can keep twitter accounts, facebook (if someone is setting that up), youtube videos, and your text work all in one place.

Only condition is that you have to let me make it look awesome. My normal design work is at www.justinpagewood.com (http://www.justinpagewood.com)

BUSHLIED
08-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Being that you are a female, I would do a video that emphasizes "woman to woman" related issues that bring Ron Paul into the mix. Ron needs help getting the female vote so think about doing a female oriented video...trying to soften Paul up a bit...talk from the heart...Ron is very much a rational, dollars and cents type of guy for the most part when he speaks, so I am not sure that Paul resonates with women all that much....

alexaforronpaul
08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I love the work on those sites! I sent you a messge on here, and that would be fantastic if we could set that up!

Maximus
08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Let me know if you want the login for the @RPaulTShirtDay twitter in case you want to link it to blogs and whatever. I want it to be a great tool for the movement.

Maximus
08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Being that you are a female, I would do a video that emphasizes "woman to woman" related issues that bring Ron Paul into the mix. Ron needs help getting the female vote so think about doing a female oriented video...trying to soften Paul up a bit...talk from the heart...Ron is very much a rational, dollars and cents type of guy for the most part when he speaks, so I am not sure that Paul resonates with women all that much....

This would really be great Alexa, talk to your friends and see what issues are important to them. Peace, education, healthcare, whatever, and show them how Ron Paul addresses their issues. I think it'd be great!

alexaforronpaul
08-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Let me know if you want the login for the @RPaulTShirtDay twitter in case you want to link it to blogs and whatever. I want it to be a great tool for the movement.

Just message me the information, thanks (:

lucky_bg
09-01-2011, 10:16 AM

+rep and I need your help. Yes, yes, I know it sound sleazy all in the same sentence, but it's for Ron Paul. :D

I need you to make a video. And to target this guy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?313013-We-need-this-guy-(Philip-DeFranco)-really-bad!

I think you are perfect person to appeal to him. So if you could make a video asking him very politely to use his online influence to help Ron Paul more actively, I would be eternally gratefull.

PastaRocket848
09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
lol. yes. if that don't get him nothing will!