PDA

View Full Version : the algemeiner article: Iran and All, It’s Got to be Ron Paul

JustAnotherV
08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't see a note here for this article yet. I wanted to put it in so it gets more of a bump. This is a decent article from someone who is not in full agreement with Ron Paul's foreign policy, but understands it's probably a lot smarter than the status quo or neocon nonsense. This is both the type of more civil/reasonable dialogue that needs to happen and also a good example of people coming into the fold despite not being 100% in agreement.

More interesting though, this is a Jewish newspaper. It should reach some of a demographic that (I think) would be extremely valuable to spend more time _politely_ trying to recruit to the campaign. Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas are arguably much more beneficial to Israel's defense and sovereignty than the status quo is, despite him being bashed in an ignorant mainstream fashion as anti-Israel or even anti-semite because of a less aggressive or fundamentalist driven war ideology.
While I don't pretend that the Jewish population vote swings entirely on Isreal-related foreign policy, I do think it is significant, as are cultivating allies in news channels like this, and helping gain mindshare in a circle that "we" are allegedly bigoted against (a bunch of nonsense outside of the rare loony toons that exist in any candidate's camp). I would recommend checking out this pretty thoughtful article and giving it a boost, linking to it and/or leaving a (reasonable) comment.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2011/08/29/iran-and-all-its-got-to-be-ron-paul/

Krugerrand
08-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Good article. Thanks for sharing.