PDA

View Full Version : How Limbaugh's Guest Hosts Choreographed the Anti-Paul Message...

wgadget
08-30-2011, 06:43 AM
http://lewrockwell.com/wilson-brian/wilson-brian26.1.html

Blurbette:

For your consideration: Did the "Godfather" of Talk Radio* send his surrogates do his dirty work?

*I have done two shows with Rush during his "Rush To Excellence" Tour circa 1992-93. This included chauffeuring him to the stand-up following the radio show and somehow taking my producer to dinner afterwards. A year later, hosting "Talk at Night, an Atlanta live-with-band-audience-guests-and-callers TV show, Rush brought me in to "consult" his fledgling and ill-fated TV efforts.

During the recent (and blessed) Rush Limbaugh vaca, the 3 Marks (Davis, Steyn and Belling)* pulled various days of what we in The Biz call "vacation relief". As the President, CEO and Grand Exalted Omnipotent Stomper of Vacation Relief, Incorporated and a veteran of the Great Radio Wars (see above), I can testify they did their usual good job(s), actually exceeding the quality of the work product generally spewed by the Great (his word) El Rush-Bo, N-3P ET on too many radio stations "across the fruited plane" (his words again). Note this is a purely objective observation; one doesn’t have to agree with the substance to acknowledge the technical quality of the performance.

Listening to the last 30 minutes of the Limbaugh show cum Mark-of-the-Day, a succession of events occurred, not spontaneously generated on any show I have ever heard. Ever. For every day in that time slot, the host du jour stated in a slightly different ways he was being goaded into "say[ing] something (bad) about Ron Paul"; Mark Steyn had the class to demur. Allegedly, the prodding was coming from the ubiquitous but unheard phone screener "Bo Snerdly"* with whom Limbaugh has regular one-sided conversations.

*While I don’t know Belling and won’t be interviewing Steyn for 2 more weeks, Mark Davis and I worked together for a year in Washington, DC prior to his move to Dallas-Ft.Worth where I was his regular "vacation relief" for 12 years.

**"Bo Snerdly" is nom de air for James Golden. We worked together at WABC/NY where he was Assistant Music Director before the switch to Talk. We appeared on a couple NYC TV shows a few year later. He is a genuine talent in his own right and had a short-lived LA talk show.

For LRC Readers fortunate to be otherwise productively occupied, the feigned reluctant response from Belling and Davis went something like…

You just want me to say something bad about Ron Paul, don’t you? Well alright – well, let me just say: Ron Paul…he can’t win…he can’t get elected…he’ll never get the nomination. Ron Paul means 4 more years of Obama. Ron Paul is the wacky uncle who shows up at the family picnic and everyone tries to ignore. I mean, I love the guy’s passion for the Constitution but his wacky foreign policy ideas, wanting Iran to have nukes! Well, that’s just insane. Tell ya what – he should just drop out of the race and when whichever true GOP candidate wins the White House appoint Ron Paul to head the Fed! Then he can audit the Fed all he wants! That’s it! Or make him Secretary of the Treasury!

Yeah. That’s the ticket!