PDA

View Full Version : ideas not personalities

bootstrap
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I want to explicitly mention one thing I've noticed about Ron Paul signs and banners and other materials - that I appreciate, and want to encourage everyone to continue and copy.

In every election I always see people waving signs and banners, and almost ALWAYS they just say the name of the candidate, and possibly their party affiliation and position they are running for. Rarely do they say anything else.

If anyone is in the car with me as I pass them, I cannot stop myself from saying "What? They think showing me 1000 signs that tell me NOTHING about their ideas and philosophy will convince me to vote for them? What kind of moron do they think I am?".

I am so happy to see many Ron Paul signs contain as much information about our ideas and philosophy (or Ron Paul history, positions, voting record) as feasible for the size of the sign, poster, banner.

I encourage everyone to KEEP DOING THIS. This works! Let every other campaign play the "personality game", while we offer specific plans and positions that will convince many people (and turn a few away, but who cares).