PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is like

Liberty4life
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Watching a gladiator working his way through the streets in a heavy crowd, quiet, focused.

Ready to grab the throat of any would be idiot daring to cross swords with him.

Politicians avoid him like death itself.

Scribes creep around him trying to look for any weakness to report.

His competitors know better than to rile him up, and few dare to garner his attention.

He rides their wave like the eye of a hurricane.

What is Ron Paul like to you?

Theocrat
08-29-2011, 03:53 PM
A voice crying in a wilderness amongst savage wolves hibernating in groggy caverns, buried deep inside a dark forest, where each intonation of his voice is a golden key spread cogently over the staff of a crystal blue sky, highlighting rainbows and purging clouds, until the sun bows its knees to his tide of his aerial anecdotes and wispy wisdom which sprinkles down like dew upon the cerebral meadows of common sojourners and cunning soldiers.

nobody's_hero
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I think of him more like a humble mouse, meek, inconspicuous . . .

and then suddenly!!! he reveals some gigantic venemous fangs!!! filled with intellectual pwnage-ability!!! and rips into the jugular of a wolf preying on the ignorance of sheep!!!

and then he licks the blood off of his lips and goes back to Texas until Congress goes back in session.

KramerDSP
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Ron Paul reminds me of some bizarre hybrid of Gandhi, Goldwater and Andrew Jackson.

MarcNY
08-29-2011, 07:12 PM
A gentle giant who is more intelligent than anyone in the room. A man who knows the past better than another other candidate, but has the vision to see farther down the road than anyone else as well.

Matthew5
08-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Ron Paul reminds me of some bizarre hybrid of Gandhi, Goldwater and Andrew Jackson.

Why Andrew Jackson?

evadmurd
08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
the elephant in the room.

BuddyRey
08-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Like Henry Fonda's character in "12 Angry Men", or Jimmy Stewart's character in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." One man doggedly engaged in the pursuit of logic, truth, principle, and goodness, who speaks truth to power without once flinching in the face of unbearable and unrelenting ridicule.

KramerDSP
08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Why Andrew Jackson?

Andrew Jackson railed against the national bank of his day and killed it. He was frowned upon by the establishment elites in DC as an uncouth southener, but was beloved by the people. Other than the Trail of Tears, there are some paralells.

TRIGRHAPPY
08-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Like one man, standing up and telling you the truth....in the middle of a stampede of people running away.

Mr. Smith
08-29-2011, 08:49 PM
the voice of sanity in an insane world.

Liberty4life
08-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Like Rush (the band). He Rocks.

liberty2897
08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
The faint voice of immense wisdom beginning to deliver a historical blow to the forces against freedom.

Matthew5
08-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Andrew Jackson railed against the national bank of his day and killed it. He was frowned upon by the establishment elites in DC as an uncouth southener, but was beloved by the people. Other than the Trail of Tears, there are some paralells.

I agree.

I live in the Choctaw Nation so that's a bit of a touchy subject here. Some of the people around here won't take $20 bills. I'll have to remember to leave Jackson's name off the list of presidential greats that Ron Paul is comparable to.