PDA

View Full Version : To the Rockford, IL hater who tore up my Ron Paul car magnet:

agaiziunas
08-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Came back to my car from the going-out-of-business sale at Borders, found one of my Ron Paul car magnets on the ground, ripped in half.

To the Rockford, IL area Ron Paul hater who did this -- you just increased Ron Paul's campaign war chest by over $60.. because I bought more magnets and a few more yard signs while I was at it.

So for your self-defeating act, you have earned yourself a great thank you from myself, Ron Paul supporters, and Ron Paul's campaign.

specsaregood
08-29-2011, 02:32 PM
It almost woulda been worth em doing it, if only you could have been there to see em do it, eh?

wizardwatson
08-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Sorry dude, didn't know that was you.

wizardwatson
08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
It almost woulda been worth em doing it, if only you could have been there to see em do it, eh?

That was first thing that came to my mind to, Vincent.

cero
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

sluggo
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Ha. You just inspired me to buy a T-shirt and some issue cards.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM

Hahahahaha

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Which one's that, the one with all the shit in her face?

No, that's my wife.

Bruno
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Came back to my car from the going-out-of-business sale at Borders, found one of my Ron Paul car magnets on the ground, ripped in half.

To the Rockford, IL area Ron Paul hater who did this -- you just increased Ron Paul's campaign war chest by over $60.. because I bought more magnets and a few more yard signs while I was at it.

So for your self-defeating act, you have earned yourself a great thank you from myself, Ron Paul supporters, and Ron Paul's campaign.

+ rep for the positive attitude and contribution!

djruden
08-29-2011, 02:45 PM
In the 2008 campaign I had issues with someone destroying my Ron Paul yard sign. I went thru a few of them before I caught who was doing it. It was some jr-high kid. After that, I came to the conclusion that this kid knew NOTHING about politics and was probably a blind Obama supporter (despite not being able to vote).

mconder
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Borders? That's what you get for visiting a liberal hotspot. Hope you were carrying when you entered their sanctuary.

johnald
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
In the 2008 campaign I had issues with someone destroying my Ron Paul yard sign. I went thru a few of them before I caught who was doing it. It was some jr-high kid. After that, I came to the conclusion that this kid knew NOTHING about politics and was probably a blind Obama supporter (despite not being able to vote).

I've heard deer piss is a great deterrent, apparently you can't get the smell off of your hands for weeks lol

Petar
08-29-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ht9VZ9RB_w&feature=related

Ronpauljones
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

+ rep

Alex540
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
My dad grew up in Rockford, this isn't shocking to me at all. He says he went to HS with a bunch of communists.

roho76
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Is this the broken window fallacy actually being a good thing? Wow. I don't know what to say. I'm perplexed. I think I'm going to go out and metaphorically rip up my crudely homemade Ron Paul 2008 sticker/magnet (Put it away for safe keeping) and ponder whether I had a positive effect on the Ron Paul campaign after buying a bunch of new magnets.

:D:D:D

Romulus
08-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Is this the broken window fallacy actually being a good thing? Wow. I don't know what to say. I'm perplexed. I think I'm going to go out and metaphorically rip up my crudely homemade Ron Paul 2008 sticker/magnet (Put it away for safe keeping) and ponder whether I had a positive effect on the Ron Paul campaign after buying a bunch of new magnets.

:D:D:D

YOu beat me to it! lmao.

Verrater
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
parking lot cams?

Ronulus
08-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Are there magnets the size of bumper stickers? Don't really want to put a sticker on my new car.

mit26chell
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Don't leave them on your car when you park at stores. I keep mine in my glove box - put them on my doors when I'm driving, then when I arrive at my destination, take them off and put them into the glove box.

My only other sticker says 'Obama Is A War Criminal' and it has his stupid O symbol with a line through it. It's an actual bumper sticker though, so hopefully no ignorant fool decides to do damage to my car here in Atl. I sure get some different looks for that sticker, lol.

Yieu
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't leave them on your car when you park at stores. I keep mine in my glove box - put them on my doors when I'm driving, then when I arrive at my destination, take them off and put them into the glove box.

My only other sticker says 'Obama Is A War Criminal' and it has his stupid O symbol with a line through it. It's an actual bumper sticker though, so hopefully no ignorant fool decides to do damage to my car here in Atl. I sure get some different looks for that sticker, lol.

It may confuse or shock some people, but it's true. Though, I think it would sound better as "warmonger" than it does as "war criminal."

I think we can get more on board by showing that Obama is a warmonger and Paul is not.

wstrucke
08-29-2011, 05:43 PM
yeah, i put out a yard sign on Saturday and it was gone by Sunday night.

libertybrewcity
08-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I shall mourn the loss of your Ron Paul merchandise, for it has a heart and soul of its own.

V3n
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Are there magnets the size of bumper stickers? Don't really want to put a sticker on my new car.

Also available in Blue.. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/signs-and-magnets/ron-paul-2012-white-car-magnets-9-x-4/

Napolitanic Wars
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I canvassed in a suburb once. An old fuck tore up my Ron Paul slim jim. I wanted to put a RP bumper sticker on his truck, but cops had already talked to me earlier sothey'd figure it was me. I can't believe some old lady would call the cops because a guy was walking around in a neighborhood.

wstrucke
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
To be fair to the old lady, my neighbor was robbed today because "some guy was walking around in a neighborhood", and same dude tried to break into my house.

Tod
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
My dad grew up in Rockford, this isn't shocking to me at all. He says he went to HS with a bunch of communists.

I know a guy who lives in Rockford. He's a communist too!

AdamT
08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh sweet blowback, where would we be without thou?

Romulus
08-29-2011, 08:45 PM

+ rep for sporting that bumper sticker.

asurfaholic
08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
It may confuse or shock some people, but it's true. Though, I think it would sound better as "warmonger" than it does as "war criminal."

I think we can get more on board by showing that Obama is a warmonger and Paul is not.

The only problem with this is that obama REALLY is a war criminal.being commander in chief of a gang of obediant young soldiers ordered to drop bombs and kill innocent civilians demands a level of responsibility. And i wont be satisfied until obama is tried and sentenced to death. He is truly a pathetic little fucker. Guilty as i am alive.

Eric21ND
08-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Didn't someone on here suffer from sign nappers and ran electric current to their yard sign? lol

Airborn
08-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Didn't someone on here suffer from sign nappers and ran electric current to their yard sign? lol

haha, good idea :D

Corydoras
08-29-2011, 10:18 PM
I seem to recall that someone was putting Pure Cap capsaicin drops on his signs.

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/purecap.html

bkreigh
08-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I have a bumper sticker on my car. If somebody takes the time to tear that off then so be it. Ill just put another on. Just dont key the car please!

I had a magnet during the last election and had no problems. When i moved from Maine to Florida it stuck on the back of the vehicle like glue. When i was going through Mass. a mid 20s guy gets next to me and starts blazing his horn and giving me thumbs up. I freaked at first then realized what was going on. My wife had no clue but does she ever?

KCIndy
08-29-2011, 10:32 PM

Ronulus, if you (or anyone else reading this) would like a free magnetic "Ron Paul 2012" bumper sticker, send a PM to ForLibertyFight, and he'll get you set up. The magnetic variety are great for new cars - no sticky residue on the paint. Just be careful if you park at Borders! ;)

Check out this thread for more details:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305786-FREE-Ron-Paul-Campaign-Materials

And be sure to specify you would like a magnetic sticker in your PM!

:)

RhinoRoberts
08-29-2011, 10:39 PM
yeah, i put out a yard sign on Saturday and it was gone by Sunday night.

This happened to me last election several times. I think it was because I live in one of the most staunchly liberal parts of town though.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh sweet blowback, where would we be without thou?

That deserves a full sonnet! :D

KCIndy
08-29-2011, 10:46 PM
This happened to me last election several times. I think it was because I live in one of the most staunchly liberal parts of town though.

What's really sad is that most liberals would agree with at least 50% of Ron Paul's positions, if they only took time to learn about them. Ending the wars, bringing troops home, ending the war on drugs, getting rid of the Patriot Act, and getting rid of corporate welfare, just for starters. These are all issues that no other Republican nominee would touch with a ten foot opinion poll! (ouch - what a horrible pun!)

RhinoRoberts
08-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Totally agree. I also wish there was a Democrat running on a RP platform. Agreeing with the foreign policy, and returning the domestic policies to the states. While some of us may not agree with welfare, etc., I would not oppose someone advocating for these things on a state level, as the constitution allows. I'd still vote against it though ;)

And I love cheesy puns! If nothing else for their...(Dr. Evil pinky) sharpness?