PDA

View Full Version : CNN just nuked Ron.... again

osan
08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
They just did a minor hit piece on Ron, asking "is Ron Paul right? Is FEMA unnecessary?" They displayed/read supposedly real viewer comments, the first one being "of course FEMA is necessary. The question is, is Ron Paul necessary?"

The wife just blurted out about CNN: "are YOU necessary, with ratings lower than cartoon network?"

Every "response" they read was negative to Ron and agreeing that FEMA was absolutely needed.

Disgusting.

CaptUSA
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Tube please?

MelissaWV
08-29-2011, 10:06 AM
FEMA isn't necessary. Some organization that meets FEMA's stated goals is necessary.

There are already countless charities and local organizations that band together and try to help after disasters, but unfortunately they all have to play "Mother May I" with FEMA and Government agencies. CNN really isn't necessary, though; your wife has the right of it.

Incidentally, it would have been nice to respond to that "viewer" with the point of how much Ron costs the people versus how much FEMA does :p

Bosco Warden
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
this isnt really a surprise is it? Its CNN they love big Govt, the board members that own CNN also own the Govt. there only responsible to the share holders, news is just the vehicle to support the machine..

Wallace did a great piece on this, has it been posted yet?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1133006273001/media-ignoring-ron-paul/

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Yup, Bosco. But, thanks for putting it in this thread. It belongs here too. :)

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2011, 10:17 AM
It is amazing how so many people have been sold (and bought) the meme that a huge Federal (and next Global) government is necessary to take care of them at every turn.

Bruno
08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Is paying $229,000 per FEMA trailer necessary, when they only actually cost $14,000 apiece?

kahless
08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
They just did a minor hit piece on Ron, asking "is Ron Paul right? Is FEMA unnecessary?" They displayed/read supposedly real viewer comments, the first one being "of course FEMA is necessary. The question is, is Ron Paul necessary?"

The wife just blurted out about CNN: "are YOU necessary, with ratings lower than cartoon network?"

Every "response" they read was negative to Ron and agreeing that FEMA was absolutely needed.

Disgusting.

Who was the anchor? There all pretty much hard core for big government so this is of no surprise but when I saw this the first person I pictured was Suzanne Malveaux?

AdamT
08-29-2011, 11:00 AM

Wow, are their ratings really that bad?

AGRP
08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Wasn't it a few years ago when every progressive was blasting Bush and FEMA over Katrina?

You would think that they would at least question their existence or ponder alternatives instead of licking boots.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-29-2011, 11:22 AM
A CNN reporter is asking the same thing on her FB wall.

The responses are epic:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/carol-costello-cnn/talk-back-is-fema-necessary/282230115124943

flightlesskiwi
Wasn't it a few years ago when every progressive was blasting Bush and FEMA over Katrina?

selective memories.

Fatejuggler
Who was the anchor? There all pretty much hard core for big government so this is of no surprise but when I saw this the first person I pictured was Suzanne Malveaux?

I think it's probably this:

h xxp://www.facebook.com/CarolCNN

"Talk Back: Is FEMA necessary?
On the day Hurricane Irene irene clobbered the Atlantic coast, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul pounded away at big government. In particular, the Federal Emergency Management Agency -- FEMA -- calling it a "great contributor to deficit financing." Paul says "all they do is come in and ..."

I saw her ask for people to post comments about an hour ago. You can still tell her what you think if you go to that Facebook link.

NewRightLibertarian
08-29-2011, 11:26 AM
How could we ever do anything without a bureaucracy handling it?

Romulus
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow, are their ratings really that bad?

lol. If so, that IS pretty bad.

Icymudpuppy
08-29-2011, 11:59 AM
When my area was hit with devastating floods in 2007.

Immediately, the Church of JC of LDS was busy with work crews and materials rebuilding homes, and providing lodging for the displaced.

The charity organization United Way was collecting food and clothing and giving it to people whose own belongings were washed away.

About a month later, Bush declared it an emergency area, and FEMA came and passed out money to people who wanted to spend three days filling out paperwork.

Who needs FEMA?

Here is me (on the left) helping to pull damaged metal heating ducts out from under a local grange. (I'm not LDS, but I don't have a picture of one of them looking like this, though a lot of them did.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/icymudpuppy/MudJack.jpg

fatjohn
08-29-2011, 12:03 PM
A CNN reporter is asking the same thing on her FB wall.

The responses are epic:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/carol-costello-cnn/talk-back-is-fema-necessary/282230115124943

no they are not the first 50 or so are major anti ron paul, then the paul community discovered it. He's not changing opinions or winning over people with that stance, though it is again the right stance to take.

harikaried
08-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Another nuke for Ron Paul from CNN:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/29/new-cnn-poll-perry-sits-atop-gop-field/

Paul 6th at 6% behind Perry, Romney, Palin, Bachmann, Giuliani

Without Palin and Giuliani: Paul 5th at 6% behind Perry, Romney, Bachmann, Gingrich

The data does show that Paul's numbers don't change with or without Palin or Giuliani.

RM918
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I saw it. They weren't 'dicussing' whether to get rid of FEMA so much as asking one guy to tell everyone what they should think.

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Not as if it would ever happen in Arizona, but if FEMA showed up in my neighborhood I'd tell them to get lost.

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 01:14 PM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/kappellmeister2003/070309.jpg

government incompetence.

georgiaboy
08-29-2011, 01:20 PM
have any of the other GOP candidates been asked about FEMA? What did they say?

If they're all for it, well, then, that should be bigger news for GOP primary voters than RP being against it.