PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Should be Ron For Halloween

No Free Beer
08-29-2011, 08:50 AM
A campaign idea...that is a bit ridiculous, but as Ron once said...campaigning should be fun! If we all dress up as Ron Paul for Halloween...it could get some media attention. For the Ladies, you can either dress and Ron or as Carol. HAHA! What do you all think?

dusman
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Psh.. like I'd dress up as anyone else but Ron Paul this Halloween! ;)

ninepointfive
08-29-2011, 09:09 AM
this is an awesome idea. we need a "ron paul" mask, you know, like the ones for reagan and stuff

TheViper
08-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Brilliant.

He scares the frijoles out of Washington and the media.

bolil
08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
/\ Ditto, BRILLIANT! Can we get some masks made in the US. It'll be like V for Vendetta... Im ready for this.

georgiaboy
08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
be sure to drape yourself in an American flag, wear colonial garb, superman tights, a braveheart kilt, or some similar motif.

Oh, and be sure to have your pocket constitution or declaration of independence parchment, along with some gold coins to pass out.

And be ready to represent him with charity & grace - you are Ron Paul!

MelissaWV
08-29-2011, 09:54 AM
be sure to drape yourself in an American flag, wear colonial garb, superman tights, a braveheart kilt, or some similar motif.

Oh, and be sure to have your pocket constitution or declaration of independence parchment, along with some gold coins to pass out.

And be ready to represent him with charity & grace - you are Ron Paul!

Lots of places have good-quality coin candy.

lew
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Excellent idea! As most people are already a little scared of his 'crazy' ideas, let's capitalize upon that fear and dress up like him on the most fearful day of the year!

You realize people will mock this stupid idea right?

MelissaWV
08-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Women could be Bachmann this year, frankly. I don't think people will know Carol, and I definitely think Ron Paul with breasts would be a strange message to send.

CaseyJones
08-29-2011, 10:13 AM
here is a ron paul paper mask for 49 cents
http://www.buycostumes.com/Ron-Paul-Paper-Mask/32314/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=AFC-showcase&AID=10390395&PID=2074479&SID=

[ Edit ... this guy says he is a RP supporter and has RP masks coming soon http://www.dynamicdesignintl.com/ ]

JamesButabi
08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Im gonna be Gandalf....is that close enough?

No Free Beer
08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Or we could simply just wear our Ron Paul shirts...TAKE THAT ALEXA!!!

Article V
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
You could also dress up as some of Ron Paul's issues, such as End the Fed, Paper Money, Ben Bernanke, etc.

Just make sure to tie Ron Paul into the costume somehow, even if it's as simple as wearing a warning label.

Be creative, be educational, spread the message!

Romulus
08-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Or people should be Ben Bernanke or a Dollar Bill with a hat in hand begging for value.... be creative..

acptulsa
08-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Am I the only one who remembers that Ron Paul won this 'poll' in 2008?

http://www.buycostumes.com/CategoryPage/presidentialmaskpoll_0.aspx

Back when I was in college (I'm about to show my age) someone dressed in camo with army men glued all over themselves and went as the island of Grenada. This year, khakis and little plastic army men could represent the entire Middle East...

Oh, and adults should specifically not dress as dollar bills. But parents should dress very, very small children as dollar bills. In fact, it would be neat to dress your toddler as a FRN and yourself as a Silver Certificate of the same denomination.

Article V
08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Am I the only one who remembers that Ron Paul won this 'poll' in 2008?

http://www.buycostumes.com/CategoryPage/presidentialmaskpoll_0.aspx

Back when I was in college (I'm about to show my age) someone dressed in camo with army men glued all over themselves and went as the island of Grenada. This year, khakis and little plastic army men could represent the entire Middle East...

Oh, and adults should specifically not dress as dollar bills. But parents should dress very, very small children as dollar bills. In fact, it would be neat to dress your toddler as a FRN and yourself as a Silver Certificate of the same denomination.Now you're thinkin'! Nice suggestions.

erowe1
08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Instead of being Ron Paul, I'm going to be Magneto, wearing an ordinary suit, with a congressional lapel pin.

pauliticalfan
08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't know... I'm thinking Scary Perry might be more appropriate.