PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wallace was NOT fair on the FOX interview.

PaulConventionWV
08-29-2011, 07:37 AM
His questions were just as misguiding, just as deceitful, and just as belittling of Paul as always. Chris hasn't improved.

Ron Paul, however, has. He knocked that one out of the park. He put Chris in his place. The only reason it seemed like a fair interview is because Paul did so well. I really don't know what you guys see when you say we should thank Chris Wallace, because I didn't see anything that showed me he was actually trying to be fair. Some of the questions were downright ridiculous. In fact, I bet that, if Ron did poorly, many people here would be blaming Chris Wallace right now. Thank him if you want to, but I don't see any cause for rewarding him. His behavior was in no way exceptional or, I thought, even that good.

I am excited about Ron Paul's future interviews now because I have a feeling he knows what he's doing now more than ever. I say kudos to Paul, to the official campaign, which has been doing a great job, light years ahead of 2007/08.

TheViper
08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
What made it fair was the amount of time Paul was given to thoroughly answer those questions.

What usually makes an interview unfair with Dr. Paul is the lack of time allotted to truly hash out the details of the response.

Chris asked also asked several questions that gave the spotlight to things not normally directly asked about such as the Austrian school of economics. If you want to call the question about FEMA unfair, then at least acknowledge that Chris balanced that by asking about Austrian economics.

Nickwanz
08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
What made it fair was the amount of time Paul was given to thoroughly answer those questions.

Thats what stuck out to me too. The whole thing clocked in at nearly 15 minutes!

MRoCkEd
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I dunno. Chris Wallace usually asks tough questions to any guest. He gave Ron adequate opportunity to respond.

WilliamC
08-29-2011, 08:48 AM
I get the impression that Chris Wallace and/or his producers are out of his depth with respect to his understanding of Ron Paul and his understanding of our current economic situation. It has sort of seemed to me that since the downgrading of the USA's triple-A rating that Ron Paul is getting much more respect, and to me this interview continues that trend.

Look especially at the last question starting at ~ 10 min 38 sec and the entire segue into actually having to ask about Austrian economics, to me that was a respectful question on Wallaces part. And notice how Ron Paul picks up on Wallaces needing to interrupt to get another question in and is able to wrap up his statement, that's a positive improvement on our next Presidents part as well.

To me it's looking a lot like WINNING!

Now if we could just get Charlie Sheen to campaign for Ron Paul...

edit

is anyone still miffed that Ron Paul hasn't made time yet for Bill O'Rudely?

Nickwanz
08-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, at least he did not pull a time move and ask about the bruno gag or some other wasted question.

Travlyr
08-29-2011, 08:56 AM
His questions were just as misguiding, just as deceitful, and just as belittling of Paul as always. Chris hasn't improved.

Ron Paul, however, has. He knocked that one out of the park. He put Chris in his place. The only reason it seemed like a fair interview is because Paul did so well. I really don't know what you guys see when you say we should thank Chris Wallace, because I didn't see anything that showed me he was actually trying to be fair. Some of the questions were downright ridiculous. In fact, I bet that, if Ron did poorly, many people here would be blaming Chris Wallace right now. Thank him if you want to, but I don't see any cause for rewarding him. His behavior was in no way exceptional or, I thought, even that good.

I am excited about Ron Paul's future interviews now because I have a feeling he knows what he's doing now more than ever. I say kudos to Paul, to the official campaign, which has been doing a great job, light years ahead of 2007/08.
I agree with you. The media represents the enemy of liberty, peace, and prosperity. They have held Ron Paul down for years and beat on him. They are still holding him down but the beatings have stopped ... for now.

Being nice to the media may make people feel good, but it is not a good strategy to win our freedom. We must fight them with all our vigor because if we don't, then bloodshed on our home turf is likely. Winning the information argument is the most peaceful strategy we can employ.

The sooner we get the media minions and educators to stop lying the sooner we enjoy a peaceful prosperous society,

About the wars - Smedley Butler told that truth in the 30's.
About the counterfeiters act of 1913 - many people have been trying to get this information out for generations.
About the police who are now a brutal force rather than a helpful entity.
About CIA assassinations - abhorrent behavior against all laws of morality.
About the Constitution and rule of law - is not anti-government.

This stuff should be on TV, radio, and educational institutions every day & night until it ends.

nasaal
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
It wasn't that bad of an interview. Thanking him will force him to at least allow Paul to talk from now on as he wants rating above all else. Just take it for as much as you can, and move on to the next interview where hopefully Paul will do just as great.

Butchie
08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
is anyone still miffed that Ron Paul hasn't made time yet for Bill O'Rudely?

If I was Ron Paul I would only agree to go on Bill's show if it was one of Bill's sit down, face to face interviews, otherwise if it's over satelite feed Bill will just shout over Ron anytime he goes to speak just like last time.

JohnGalt23g
08-29-2011, 09:24 AM

Grow up.

Billay
08-29-2011, 09:35 AM
This thread sucks.

AlexAmore
08-29-2011, 09:36 AM
It was a fair interview. You wouldn't be screaming about fairness if the same caliber questions were asked of another candidate. You would be saying "finally a FAIR interview!"...."Great job Chris Wallace!".

WilliamC
08-29-2011, 09:57 AM
If I was Ron Paul I would only agree to go on Bill's show if it was one of Bill's sit down, face to face interviews, otherwise if it's over satelite feed Bill will just shout over Ron anytime he goes to speak just like last time.

Yep, let's wait until Ron Paul is front-runner enough so Bill O'Rudely will shut his mouth for more than 20 seconds at a time and let Ron Paul speak, then do the interview.

Otherwise it's just more of O'Rudelys typical shouting and name calling.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Now if we could just get Charlie Sheen to campaign for Ron Paul...

That was a joke, right? I'm hoping so. :)

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Grow up.

What's the matter with you? Get up on the wrong side of the bed? Geez, stop being so rude.

WilliamC
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
That was a joke, right?

Right.

Unless we are actively courting the hookers-and-blow vote :)

bluesc
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
The interview was fair. It's exactly what I expect, and I'm glad Ron finally got it.

He asked big questions on real issues, and gave Ron plenty of time to answer. He got his message out to a lot of people.

One thing that stood out to me is that Ron now doesn't let people interrupt him, he speaks over them till he is finished. Awesome.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Right.

Unless we are actively courting the hookers-and-blow vote :)

Whew, I'm so glad. Ya had me worried there for a minute. :D

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Oh, O'Reilly will do it face to face too.

cooker263
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM

What usually makes an interview unfair with Dr. Paul is the lack of time allotted to truly hash out the details of the response.

Chris asked also asked several questions that gave the spotlight to things not normally directly asked about such as the Austrian school of economics. If you want to call the question about FEMA unfair, then at least acknowledge that Chris balanced that by asking about Austrian economics.

Exactly. Sure, it could have been better possibly. However, look at how he allowed Ron to speak for minutes at a time and brought up Austrian Economics?! He has spoken a bit more favorably of Ron this past year, too.

davidhperry
08-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I thought is was a fair interview as well. He had some tough questions, but Presidential candidates get hard questions all the time. Journalists are never going to swoon over Ron Paul like we do, so don't expect that that will happen, because it won't. Even pundits who openly like Obama criticize him at times.

asurfaholic
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Some questions were loaded, no doubt. But the important thing was that rp spent most of the 14 minutes talking without being interrupted.

Article V
08-29-2011, 12:16 PM
The only thing that makes the interview unfair is that it never aired on television.

It did not air in New York or New Orleans. Not on local news, not on national news. Only Hurricane Irene coverage. Ugh! I told the campaign this would happen! Why didn't they reschedule when it was clear that a hurricane was hitting all of the east coast that day? Ron Paul couldn't even sit down face-to-face for the interview as scheduled because who flies to DC during a hurricane?! So frustrated!

We need to reach the older voting demographic. They don't have the internet! We must get Ron Paul on TV!

Please write to Chris Wallace and ask that he air the Ron Paul interview on television next Sunday: fns@foxnews.com

PaulConventionWV
08-29-2011, 01:35 PM
It wasn't that bad of an interview. Thanking him will force him to at least allow Paul to talk from now on as he wants rating above all else. Just take it for as much as you can, and move on to the next interview where hopefully Paul will do just as great.

It won't force him to do anything. Chris Wallace is not a dog. You can't train him. The performance was almost completely due to Paul articulating himself better than usual.

PaulConventionWV
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Grow up.

I'm confused. What about my post suggests to you that I am not grown up? I am just calling it like I see it. I don't see any reason to thank Wallace. He hasn't rescinded his ways of the past and wasn't necessarily any different in this interview. Paul was. How is that not a grown-up assessment?

PaulConventionWV
08-29-2011, 01:39 PM
It was a fair interview. You wouldn't be screaming about fairness if the same caliber questions were asked of another candidate. You would be saying "finally a FAIR interview!"...."Great job Chris Wallace!".

Two or more wrongs don't make a right. I wouldn't think it was a good interview if Chris Wallace asked similarly meaningless and misleading questions to other candidates. Don't get me wrong, it was a great interview, but not really significant on Chris's part.

JoshS
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
He didn't ask fair questions, are you guys serious? They were the same type of gotcha questions that Ron's always asked but Ron killed them this time.

Every question was some weird quote Chris pulled out of nowhere to try and show why RP would either let helpless people die, or how he 'didn't really want to be the president'. Come on now.

No candidate gets these kind of questions.

PaulConventionWV
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
He didn't ask fair questions, are you guys serious? They were the same type of gotcha questions that Ron's always asked but Ron killed them this time.

Every question was some weird quote Chris pulled out of nowhere to try and show why RP would either let helpless people die, or how he 'didn't really want to be the president'. Come on now.

No candidate gets these kind of questions.

Yes, and tried to pin the 'libertarian' thing on him again, like they always do. It's just another way of saying, "He's not a republican and has no chance of winning anyway."