PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is the Tea Party Express?

Fatejuggler
08-29-2011, 07:03 AM
They just had an interview with these people on CNN:
http://www.teapartyexpress.org/

So, they have a big bus, they drive around the country, but what exactly goes on at these events?

More importantly, is there some way we can use it to our advantage?

sailingaway
08-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Armry's group. The endorsed Rand when he was winning and try to appeal to us but with Ron in the race were trying to get tarp and nclb loving Paul Ryan to run for president, so I think not

Fatejuggler
08-29-2011, 07:47 AM
I realize anything "Tea Party" is not going to be Ron Paul supporter territory by default. I was thinking more along the lines of using the meetings as places for us to have a presence and pass out Ron Paul materials and try to spread our message. They co-opted the original Tea Party energy away from us so there's no reason we can't co-opt it right back. There's going to be something like 30 stops on the tour so it seems like a fairly major thing for us to just ignore. If nothing else, based on the pictures I've seen, it would be a good way to reach a lot of voting seniors.

djruden
08-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm curious what to expect as well. I see it will be in my town on Thurs Sept 1 and I was thinking of checking it out.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-29-2011, 08:46 AM
TPX is a front group for the GOP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRLPXEr3ZoQ&t=2m43s

cheapseats
08-29-2011, 08:48 AM
They just had an interview with these people on CNN:
http://www.teapartyexpress.org/

So, they have a big bus, they drive around the country, but what exactly goes on at these events?

More importantly, is there some way we can use it to our advantage?

REALITY-OR-SHOULD-I-SAY-MORALITY CHECK: When sizing people up politically, is the most important barometer whether they UPHOLD LIKE-MINDED PRINCIPLES, or whether they can be USED TO ADVANTAGE? The question is NOT intended to impugn Tea Party Express, my familiarity with which is defined by the CNN interview.

You WATCHED the interview, you say. I think I did not IMAGINE the part where you-have-to-LOOK-for-oddballs-like-these Tea Party Express Representatives were literally made into LAUGHINGSTOCKS. Anchors were laughing AT them, not WITH them.

angelatc
08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I"ve been to a couple of Tea Party Express rallies, and I"ve seen lots of Ron Paul bumper stickers on the cars in the parking lot. At the first one I went to, I saw a huge Ron Paul sign, and heard an old guy say "That's who I should've voted for," as he was walking by. If you're personable and friendly, you can definitely meet a lot of like minded individuals at those places.

If foreign policy comes up, just smile and tell people he's not the dove the media makes him out to be, but then immediately steer the conversation back to the economy and the size and scope of government. Don't make your issues their issues - and right now, their issues are the economy and big government.