PDA

View Full Version : Obama And Warren Buffet: Crony Capitalist Buddies

bobbyw24
08-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Tim Carney notices a trend in the close relationship between billionaire Warren Buffet and the Obama administration:

When Wall Street nearly collapsed in September 2008, Buffett rallied behind the Troubled Asset Relief Program, and bet big on its passage. He put $5 billion into failing investment bank Goldman Sachs. “If I didn’t think the government was going to act, I would not be doing anything this week,” Buffett said on CNBC at the time. …

Goldman got $10 billion in TARP funds, and by late 2009 was reporting record profits. Buffett made more than $3.6 billion in profit off the investment. …

In this light, and recalling his Goldman-bailout profit, consider Buffett’s investment last week in Bank of America.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/barack-obama-and-warren-buffet-crony-capitalist-buddies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SayAnything+%28Say+Anything%2 9

VBRonPaulFan
08-29-2011, 07:18 AM
i find it interesting that liberals tout this guy as some kind of caring model of what a 'rich' person should be like. they only like hearing his rhetoric of 'i'm not taxed enough' and fail to see how he uses his ties with the government to rape the regular us citizen just trying to make a living. it's disgusting.