PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Here Understand Simultaneous Registration

anaconda
08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Apparently many states require a candidate to "simultaneously register" for both primary and general elections. And, somehow, this is supposed to effectively create a "sore loser" effect without an actual formal sore loser law. But I can't find anything additional on the internet. I don't even know what they mean by "registering" for the elections. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks. Apparently, only four states have actual sore loser laws but only four also have neither the "simultaneous registration" nor the sore loser laws, essentially leaving only these four without barriers to a candidate running for one party's nomination then running independent.

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Partisan registration in no way, shape, or form affects your ability to vote however you please in a general election.

anaconda
08-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Partisan registration in no way, shape, or form affects your ability to vote however you please in a general election.

I'm referring to candidates registration. Some kind of road block that keeps candidates who fail at one party's nomination running independent. Having the same effect as a sore loser law without the actual sore loser law.