PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Santorum calls Paul’s view on 9/11 ‘shockingly misguided’

RonPaulFanInGA
08-28-2011, 07:59 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/28/exclusive-santorum-calls-pauls-view-on-911-shockingly-misguided/

Santorum using Ron Paul to get media attention, again. :rolleyes:

pauliticalfan
08-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Frothy's obsession with Ron is frightening.

asurfaholic
08-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Its good for us. Just lets Ron Paul stand out, most people seem to accept the blowback issue these days, so it only lends credit to Paul's campaign. The media attention that Santorum incites is free media for us.

Not to mention that Santorum is a horrible speaker and an idiot, he doesn't stand a chance face to face with the doctor.

ForLiberty2012
08-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I love it... GG Rick Santorum.... thanks for the small bit of media attention you may have just attracted though!!

CaptainAmerica
08-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Rick Santorum is still running for president?

Bruno
08-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Rick Santorum is still running for president?

Just for the attention.

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I think this article is very favorable toward Ron Paul.

TheViper
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
That's Santorum's only means to gain media attention right now. It's his way to stay relevant in the presidential election.

If he didn't attack Paul or spoke on anything else, you'd never hear about him.

flightlesskiwi
08-28-2011, 08:24 PM
it's like Ron has his own personal troll.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Rick is trying to discredit Ron

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 08:27 PM

I lol'd

brushfire
08-28-2011, 08:28 PM
What else is Mr Froth good for?

I believe his sole purpose is to play Mr nasty against RP in the debates... He's the establishment's designated attack dog.

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2011, 08:29 PM

I lol'd

LOL so did I! :D

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 08:33 PM
LOL so did I! :D

When is the next debate, I want to go and yell troll every time little Ricky talks.

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 08:35 PM
When is the next debate, I want to go and yell troll every time little Ricky talks.

Please don't go then. That will reflect poorly on us. We need to take the high road. We are ambassadors for Dr. Paul.

flightlesskiwi
08-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Please don't go then. That will reflect poorly on us. We need to take the high road. We are ambassadors for Dr. Paul.

very true. but it doesn't stop anyone from juxtaposing "obvious troll is obvious" on every rick santorum picture they find.

RonPaulFever
08-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Santorum is unelectable and represents a very small fringe minority of the GOP.

Lafayette
08-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Santorum- " Dey hayt us fur r freedums!"

VictorB
08-28-2011, 08:51 PM
This is great for RP. You can bet they'll ask Rick at the next debate if he'd like to say it to Ron's face. That only allows RP more air time to explain his position.

cero
08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
you guys are going to f'ing love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsqi89hSh54&feature=player_embedded

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I should have my brother have a talk with Ricky, he is one of the leading analysts on the middle east and Islam for the military. We got in a long discussion about Iraq and I asked about Iran he said that was a total failure on the U.S. Iran is very westernized and the youth of Iran are really pushing for a revolution. They want the same freedoms as the western world.

JoshS
08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
oh dear lord.

marriage used to be strictly to combine families, a formality.

GreenBulldog
08-28-2011, 09:03 PM
I like Santorum.

His blabbering of nonsense brings attention to RP's foreign policy.

Just like Giuliani helped in 2008, Santorum is helping in 2012.

The last boost Santorum could do for us just before he drops out of the race is to say, "I read those books and Ron Paul was right!"

Agorism
08-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Good video for opposing candidates section. He's crazy.

asurfaholic
08-28-2011, 09:59 PM
This is a napkin. The napkin is a napkin. Hehe im so smart

No Free Beer
08-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I just said this in the chat, "I am beginning to think Santorum has a crush on Ron..."

Inkblots
08-28-2011, 10:18 PM

Yes, the idea of a homosexual 'jihad' against Santorum is risible, but I found another line in that video more startling:
"If the case is decided that says ... consenting adults have the right to sexual activity, then we will see not only marriage destroyed, but you will see ultimately the faith community destroyed."

The fact that the supposedly Catholic Santorum thinks that not only could the state wipe out Christianity if it attempted to, but that Christianity will be destroyed if not actively enforced and supported by the state, shows that he believes the message of Jesus to be weak indeed (not to mention displaying a stunning ignorance of history and Catholic teaching on the role of temporal versus spiritual authorities).

So much for the universal kingship of Christ, eh, Rick? Santorum appears to think He needs a bunch of venal men living in a swamp on the Potomac to give His words any credence.

sailingaway
08-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Ignore this Santorum is trying to get attention by attacking the frontrunner. Santorum
Is nobody. Don't reward this tactic by views and comments once a thoughtful comment exists

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes, the idea of a homosexual 'jihad' against Santorum is risible, but I found another line in that video more startling:
"If the case is decided that says ... consenting adults have the right to sexual activity, then we will see not only marriage destroyed, but you will see ultimately the faith community destroyed."

The fact that the supposedly Catholic Santorum thinks that not only could the state wipe out Christianity if it attempted to, but that Christianity will be destroyed if not actively enforced and supported by the state, shows that he believes the message of Jesus to be weak indeed (not to mention displaying a stunning ignorance of history and Catholic teaching on the role of temporal versus spiritual authorities).

So much for the universal kingship of Christ, eh, Rick? Santorum appears to think He needs a bunch of venal men living in a swamp on the Potomac to give His words any credence.

Hey, this is the same argument I use against the Definition of Marriage Amendment... :)

Inkblots
08-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Hey, this is the same argument I use against the Definition of Marriage Amendment... :)

Wonky minds think alike, eh? ;)

Actually, if you're ever trying to convince a Catholic of the correctness of the liberty-based approach to marriage, as articulated by Dr. Paul - ie. get the government out of it - I find it useful to remind them that the institution of marriage licensure by civil authorities is a pernicious Calvinist innovation, and was instituted first in Geneva under John Calvin himself with the Marriage Ordinance of Geneva. Until that time, the idea of the state having jurisdiction over marriage was unknown in all of Christendom. Ron Paul's is the authentically and historically Christian view: that marriage is a sacrament of the faith, and the state should have nothing to do with it. In the meantime, individuals in civil society can contract with one another however they wish, and call it what they like, but it isn't the state's place and never should have been to declare what does or does not constitute a 'genuine marriage'. That's for the Church.

Obviously this argument won't work on Calvinists, or indeed most Protestants, but for Catholics it's quite a good one in my experience.

Xenophage
08-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey, he's not IGNORING us. He's arguing with us. I'll take it. He'll lose.

Libertea Party
08-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Remember these points about Rick Santorum. Like all neocons his first loyalty is to the garrison state:

1) In fact if it wasn't for Arlen Specter there would be no Obamacare (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/04/08/sen_specter_says_he_would_still_vote_for_health_bi ll_if_he_was_a_republican.html). If Santorum wants to take credit for 1% of votes now in Iowa he has to own the 1% of votes in Pennsylvania for his public endorsement of Arlen Specter over Pat Toomey.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Pennsylvania,_200 4#Results_2)
No Hack Santorum=No Obamacare

Rick Santorum: Bringing you expanded government healthcare TWICE in 2003 and 2009!

The ad, which ran during Specter's 2004 primary fight against former Rep. Pat Toomey, features Santorum, a conservative darling, endorsing Specter and calling him the "key vote" in passing then President George W. Bush's tax cut plan.

"Arlen is with us on the votes that matter to move our agenda forward for this president and for the country," says Santorum as a picture of Specter and Bush strolling at the White House is shown on screen.

While Santorum's support almost assuredly aided Specter in narrowly beating back a challenge from Toomey six years ago, the words of the former senator -- not to mention the images in the ad -- are sure to come back to haunt the newest Democrat as he prepares to run for reelection.

So not only did he endorse the guy during the primary but he went on air saying only votes on taxes not abortion matter to him. This primary was probably the closest thing to a Tea Party primary before 2010.

It was definitely a precursor and who did Santorum go to bat for? The establishment pro-abortion, pro-union, pro-government sleaze Specter that left the party and provided the 60th vote for Obamacare.

2) Abortion isn't a vote that matters to Rick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HOb0NEJ1E

3) Don't forget about him endorsing Romney over everyone else in 2008. Now he runs against him? Santorum's most galling behavior is on the issue of Obama/Romneycare:

"Santorum called the Democrats' national health care overhaul the "most important issue" of the coming presidential election, and said it would "fundamentally change America going forward," before quickly pivoting to attack Romney, who he supported in 2008
Continue Reading

"We'd better have a candidate who is out there and very, very strong in opposition to government-run health care and focuses on a health care system that centers on you, not on the government," Santorum said on Fox News Tuesday morning. "And that, I think, is a problem for Governor Romney this time around."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52993.htm

And this treasure:

“President Obama & former Governor Mitt Romney's policies both put government squarely at the center of your health decisions. But I believe more government is not the answer. And I'd be willing to bet you agree,” Santorum said in the email.

Ahead of Romney’s major health care speech last week, the Journal’s editorial page slammed Romney as a “compromised and not credible” candidate for president. The editorial board said if Romney couldn’t change his message on health care, he’d be fit to join the president on the 2012 Democratic ticket. Romney last week made the case that the health care reform law he signed in 2006 isn’t much like the one Obama signed last year, saying while both plans contain an individual mandate, the goals were different.

Santorum was quick to pounce then, faulting "a lack of foresight on Gov. Romney's part to understand the implications of his policy proposals."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55132.html

All of which he knew about when he endorsed him!

So Romney had a "lack of foresight of the implications of his policy proposals" in 2006 but Santorum doesn't "lack foresight" on his endorsements in 2004 and even more recently than Romneycare in 2008!

Stay classy Rick!

JohnGalt23g
08-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Senator Frothy!

Carehn
08-29-2011, 12:14 AM

lol

Eric21ND
08-29-2011, 04:20 AM
I should have my brother have a talk with Ricky, he is one of the leading analysts on the middle east and Islam for the military. We got in a long discussion about Iraq and I asked about Iran he said that was a total failure on the U.S. Iran is very westernized and the youth of Iran are really pushing for a revolution. They want the same freedoms as the western world.
Somehow I feel dropping bombs on them isn't the best way to win them over lol. Your brother should make a video.

TheViper
08-29-2011, 04:22 AM

Looks like Frothy makes his speeches at the home of the Frosty.

johnrocks
08-29-2011, 05:17 AM
I think nominating Santorium would be the one thing that might would turn me into an Obama supporter, I detest him that much politically speaking.

wilcox71
08-29-2011, 05:29 AM
I think nominating Santorium would be the one thing that might would turn me into an Obama supporter, I detest him that much politically speaking.

I just wouldn't vote or would vote for chuck baldwin if he runs again.

Working Poor
08-29-2011, 06:35 AM

We've been Rick Trolled

Cowlesy
08-29-2011, 07:12 AM
That's Santorum's only means to gain media attention right now. It's his way to stay relevant in the presidential election.

Exactly.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-29-2011, 03:57 PM

The Bill Johnson of the race, for those that remember.

mtmedlin
08-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I love when he says "well have polygamy"... um, wasnt that common place in the times of Jesus? So he wants to protect marriage to the point of telling 3 people that they cannot enter into a contract even with full discosure....what an asshat.

Given, I am only engaged and cant think of taking on another... one is enough work! :)