PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul says US intervention motivated 9/11 terrorists

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/27/paul-says-u-s-intervention-motivated-911-attacks/

This was linked on Politico.

anewvoice
08-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Ooooooh, do we get to replay the definition of blowback history lesson again? I think Paul would be more than happy to school everyone once more on this.

Oddone
08-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Everything Ron Paul said is the truth.

ForLiberty2012
08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I like this article... doesn't attack the views he has, just reports them! I'm liking the positive media attention lately... these are all good signs.

McChronagle
08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldfDCSG6DQ&playnext=1&list=PLCAB13E6601FED9F0

nasaal
08-28-2011, 07:05 PM
This will not go well with a lot of voters. We have been conditioned to believe that America=The Good Guys. Saying that the government did things to provoke terrorist attacks will sound to voters like it was their fault somehow.

Bergie Bergeron
08-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Go on twitter search for the words U.S. intervention motivated 9/11 attacks and follow-up...

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I like this article... doesn't attack the views he has, just reports them! I'm liking the positive media attention lately... these are all good signs.

I agree!

Bruno
08-28-2011, 07:33 PM
The CIA agrees

Brett85
08-28-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldfDCSG6DQ&playnext=1&list=PLCAB13E6601FED9F0

Man, I wish Ron was still that age right now. His voice sounds so much stronger in that press conference.

LisaNY
08-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Senator Fecal Foam picked it up and is now on the attack *yawn*

h t t p://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/28/exclusive-santorum-calls-pauls-view-on-911-shockingly-misguided/

IDefendThePlatform
08-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Break the link?^^^

Ronpauljones
08-28-2011, 08:02 PM
9/11 was an inside job. No motivation of foreign terrorists was needed.

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Santorum has to defend that position because he has been spewing this his entire career, if he is wrong in his mind he would have wasted his life away. Which he has.

JoshLowry
08-28-2011, 08:08 PM
9/11 was an inside job. No motivation of foreign terrorists was needed.

Conspiracy theories are for hot topic threads. Please don't derail this one.

The official story suits the message. There is blowback and our own government has acknowledged it.

Ronpauljones
08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Santorum has to defend that position because he has been spewing this his entire career, if he is wrong in his mind he would have wasted his life away. Which he has.

Santorum is a worthless human being.

Dr.3D
08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Yep, this is an example of what happens when you "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." The U.S. did unto them and they returned the favor.

Ronpauljones
08-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Conspiracy theories are for hot topic threads. Please don't derail this one.

The official story suits the message. There is blowback and our own government has acknowledged it.

Ill agree it does suit the message. The United States cant have the foreign policy it has and not expect people to want to attack us.

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 08:14 PM

h t t p://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/28/exclusive-santorum-calls-pauls-view-on-911-shockingly-misguided/

This article is actually very favorable toward Dr. Paul...

TheViper
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM

That's Santorum's only means to gain media attention right now. It's his way to stay relevant in the presidential election.

If he didn't attack Paul or spoke on anything else, you'd never hear about him.

MJU1983
08-28-2011, 08:34 PM
The comments are good. No one seems to like Santorum... :)

Tarzan
08-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Every time this debate surfaces I wish Ron Paul could use the following example... unfortunately, it would further piss of Islam and anyone who considered they were being called a dog... anyway, here's my attempt at trying to get a broader audience to understand what he is saying.

If you show up in a Pitt Bulls back yard... then put him in a cage... then, take control of his rest of his environment, steal his favorite toy, control his food and water supply, and use a big stick to poke him... everyday... how is that Pit Bull going to act when he is released or escapes from the cage?

Yeah... he's gonna try to attack the guy with the stick. Its not because the Pit Bull hates the freedom's of the guy with the stick... its because the guy with the stick was poking him with the stick. Its almost a "Duh" conclusion and how people like Sanitarium can't understand the root of the issue betrays the depth of his cognitive abilities... roughly, that of a saucer.

There may be a way to soften this example so people can understand it better... without pissing of those being compared to the dog. Plus, it doesn't require a Pitt Bull to get this effect. Do it with a Chihuahua and you get the same result.

Rudeman
08-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Well it's either attack Ron Paul or compare napkins to paper towels.

Oddone
08-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Trees aren't Cars guys..

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 09:01 PM
His analogies are baffling.

TIMB0B
08-28-2011, 09:07 PM
This will not go well with a lot of voters. We have been conditioned to believe that America=The Good Guys. Saying that the government did things to provoke terrorist attacks will sound to voters like it was their fault somehow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVESMxs4rbA

danda
08-28-2011, 09:13 PM
It was. People in this country could use a good dose of introspection.

dan2thecross
08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I could swear that the blowback education was clear in the last 200 debates/interviews/articles/books he has written and been quoted in. I guess if he has to school them again that's fine. But let's make this clear: he never said we invited the terrorist attacks, but the blowback could have been prevented. The difference is important to the conspiracy theorists. There are actually people who think America wanted it to happen and we egged them on on purpose. That is just sick.

Ronpauljones
08-28-2011, 09:49 PM
That's Santorum's only means to gain media attention right now. It's his way to stay relevant in the presidential election.

If he didn't attack Paul or spoke on anything else, you'd never hear about him.

Trees aren't Cars guys..

Blasphemy!

BlackTerrel
08-28-2011, 11:36 PM

There is a fine line in how you promote this. The problem I have with a lot of people that post here is their attitude is almost "we're the bad guys, we deserved it" And they're basically letting the terrorists off the hook.

Here's the thing: No we didn't "deserve it" and the terrorists who kill innocent civilians are scum of the earth BUT our actions will only continue to put us in harms way.

I'd use the analogy of the good looking 19 year old sorority girl who stands in a provocative dress at 3 AM in a dark alley. She doesn't deserve to get raped. The people who rape her are scumbags who should be shot. BUT if you are smart and don't want to be raped don't stand in a dark alley at 3 AM in a provocative dress - you're bound to get trouble.

The US by intervening in everyone else's shit is bound to get into trouble.

Ronpauljones
08-29-2011, 10:20 AM
There is a fine line in how you promote this. The problem I have with a lot of people that post here is their attitude is almost "we're the bad guys, we deserved it" And they're basically letting the terrorists off the hook.

Here's the thing: No we didn't "deserve it" and the terrorists who kill innocent civilians are scum of the earth BUT our actions will only continue to put us in harms way.

I'd use the analogy of the good looking 19 year old sorority girl who stands in a provocative dress at 3 AM in a dark alley. She doesn't deserve to get raped. The people who rape her are scumbags who should be shot. BUT if you are smart and don't want to be raped don't stand in a dark alley at 3 AM in a provocative dress - you're bound to get trouble.

The US by intervening in everyone else's shit is bound to get into trouble.

I'll back you on all of this.

Dr.3D
08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
I could swear that the blowback education was clear in the last 200 debates/interviews/articles/books he has written and been quoted in. I guess if he has to school them again that's fine. But let's make this clear: he never said we invited the terrorist attacks, but the blowback could have been prevented. The difference is important to the conspiracy theorists. There are actually people who think America wanted it to happen and we egged them on on purpose. That is just sick.

So are you saying there is no profit being made by our current foreign policy? I wish that were the case so the military-industrial complex would shrink back down in size from what it is now.

LibertasPraesidium
08-29-2011, 12:18 PM
On the DailyPaul site this piece of news came up. http://www.dailypaul.com/176613/santorum-paul-spar-over-sept-11

I would agree that it is time for Paul to give Santorum the reading list of a non-intervention foreign policy believer. If he goes to far with this fight he can easily be trampled by Paul.

ChiefJustice
08-29-2011, 01:41 PM

So are you suggesting something to sway these voters? I'll take the truth any day.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM

1. The CIA says the same thing that Paul said.
2. There is a difference between the government and the American citizenry.