PDA

View Full Version : Why I am pumped about the next couple debates!

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 03:41 PM
1. If you watch Ron Paul's last few interviews... From Piers Morgan, Megyn Kelly, and now Chris Wallace, it seems obvious to me that he has been listening to some advice people are giving him. Hopefully he continues this trend and knocks it out of the park from an average voter perspective.
2. Rick Perry will be in the debates and will be getting hit from all sides. From watching his gubernatorial debates, he isn't a super strong debater. I have also not really seen him campaign from a position where he doesn't have a strong lead. I think it will be the beginning of his comet starting to fade. I imagine Ron Paul would get a decent amount of the support that leaves him.
3. I don't think Sarah Palin is going to run, but if she does, it will be very interesting to have her on stage in the debates. The more people up there he sound like Ron Paul lite, the better for liberty. I liked having Johnson on the stage for the same reason.

KramerDSP
08-28-2011, 03:49 PM
The next televised primetime debate could be the most watched in history. Ron Paul needs to hit an absolute grand slam at that debate, knowing that millions of people will be watching to see how he performs. I'm sure Santorum will attack him and that a moderator will goad him into attacking Perry.

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Santorum should drop now and save face.

HeyArchie
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Is the next one MSNBC? I think that one will be good for Ron since they're much more liberal. And he keeps getting attacked on foreign policy, which most liberals would agree with.

AggieforPaul
08-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I want to see Ron Paul just absolutely lay into Rick Perry and embarrass him as a governor, a presidential candidate, and a man. I know we've all at points hated guys like Ghouliani, McCain, and Romney, but Perry is the absolute worst by a country mile.

libertybrewcity
08-28-2011, 04:19 PM
is the next debate on the 5th?

miyavi
08-28-2011, 04:28 PM
agreed

V4Vendetta
08-28-2011, 04:40 PM
is the next debate on the 5th?

yeah when?

tsai3904
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
yeah when?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297081-Debate-calendar-with-relevant-info-%28time-location-media-ticket%29

TexasJake
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm pumped too, I think he will do great. Of course, I think he has always done great - the important difference this time is that people are starting to listen. The others are starting to pick up his positions, so we know that they are picking up steam. Rush and Levin are scared enough to dedicate time to trying to (unsuccessfully) discredit him. I don't think he will just lay in to the others, he has too much class for that; it will take some provoking, and Senior Frothy will likely be the one.

Brett85
08-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I know we've all at points hated guys like Ghouliani, McCain, and Romney, but Perry is the absolute worst by a country mile.

How do you figure that? I'm no Perry fan, but I don't see how he could be anywhere near as bad as McCain and Guliani.

FSP-Rebel
08-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I want to see Ron Paul just absolutely lay into Rick Perry and embarrass him as a governor
Me too, he needs to be ready to lay out 3-5 points that raise eyebrows about Perry's 'conservative' record as governor. And I mean ready as in he's been waiting to be asked that question (why Perry is status quo). His so-called tea party cred needs to be shattered and the best way to do it is emphasize TX being 27th on the unemployment list as well as the deficits and increases in spending under Schmerry. Anything to neutralize the 'Texas created so many jobs':rolleyes: talking point that not only Perry uses but also his hacks in the media.

georgiaboy
08-28-2011, 06:22 PM
He really needs to drive home his trustworthiness to do what everyone now in GOP-land is saying. We've heard small gov't talk before from others who have proven that they don't mean what they say, and their records prove it.

Ron Paul has lived it for decades. Every answer he gives should mention his record somehow, and if possible, the terrible records/histories of the other candidates.

anaconda
08-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Would be classic if the moderators ask Perry about the forced Gardasil injection executive order. Or Paul could bring it up and get more support from women voters.

Oddone
08-28-2011, 06:45 PM
How do you figure that? I'm no Perry fan, but I don't see how he could be anywhere near as bad as McCain and Guliani.

If you were a Texan you would see it clear as day. I hate that man with a passion. He has caused our Debt to sky rocket to 215billion, or yearly spending has shot up to 184billion. Our debt is increasing faster than National debt at this point. In his time he took us from 220,000 minimum wage jobs to 550,000 minimum wage jobs, now the highest in the country. Or average wage is now $11.20/hr vs national average of $12.50/hr. Constanly granting land, contracts and special deals and cuts to his donators. He tried to pass through a bill to force 6th grade girls to get Gardasil shots.

Listen to him talk though, he sounds like a G.W. Bush Clone. Recent moronic statments include, "Teaching Abstinance is the best way to go" Texas is #3 in teen births.. "In Texas we teach children creationism", Don't remember that in school.. "God, You're going to have to fix this." How about we fix our own problems!

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I hope Ron points out that Texas' debt has grown faster than the Federal government's debt.

Brett85
08-28-2011, 07:32 PM
If you were a Texan you would see it clear as day. I hate that man with a passion. He has caused our Debt to sky rocket to 215billion, or yearly spending has shot up to 184billion. Our debt is increasing faster than National debt at this point. In his time he took us from 220,000 minimum wage jobs to 550,000 minimum wage jobs, now the highest in the country. Or average wage is now $11.20/hr vs national average of $12.50/hr. Constanly granting land, contracts and special deals and cuts to his donators. He tried to pass through a bill to force 6th grade girls to get Gardasil shots.

Ron should run a commercial that bashes Perry's record with all the factual evidence you presented.

Brett85
08-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Listen to him talk though, he sounds like a G.W. Bush Clone. Recent moronic statments include, "Teaching Abstinance is the best way to go" Texas is #3 in teen births.. "In Texas we teach children creationism", Don't remember that in school.. "God, You're going to have to fix this." How about we fix our own problems!

I think that public schools should stay out of teaching sex education all together. We don't need public schools to indoctrinate our kids. I certainly don't want our public schools to hand out condoms at schools like they do now.

Paul4Prez
08-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Ron Paul never bashes his opponents during the debate, and he doesn't have to. Just keep speaking the truth, and throw in a few more references to his unmatched record. The press will tear down the other guys for us. If not, the grassroots and the Revolution Pac can do it. Ron Paul needs to look presidential, focusing on what's good for America and good for freedom, and avoid slinging mud, as he always does.

wilcox71
08-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Abstinence, they really still teach that? My kids are still in elementary so I have come across it yet.

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Abstinence is the only thing that works.

Not abstinence education, actual abstinence. :)

Oddone
08-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes, Texas Schools teach Abstinence-only education. I went to middle school and High school here, you don't get the talk about condoms, safe sex and birth control. My Girlfriend had Sex-Ed up north, when she came down here and had it again in high school she was shocked to hear Abstinence-only being taught, it made no sense to her.

Until we decide to start teaching our children about safe sex, we will continue to be #3 in teen pregnancy. Teens will have sex behind parents backs no matter what they are told, it is better for them to be smart, educated and safe, than pregnant.

Brett85
08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Until we decide to start teaching our children about safe sex, we will continue to be #3 in teen pregnancy. Teens will have sex behind parents backs no matter what they are told, it is better for them to be smart, educated and safe, than pregnant.

How about having our public schools stay out of the business of indoctrinating our children. You have the right to raise your kids however you wish, but you shouldn't try to force your views on others through the public school system. That's a very authoritarian view you have.

Oddone
08-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I do believe parents should teach Sex-ed to their kids. But if there is going to be a Sex-Ed system in the schools it shouldn't be one of Abstinence-only, as it only sets the children up for failure. I won't be replying to you on this subject anymore.

Anyways I can't wait, September is going to be great so many different debates and events coming up, including my Birthday and 3 of my friends birthdays!

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes, Texas Schools teach Abstinence-only education. I went to middle school and High school here, you don't get the talk about condoms, safe sex and birth control. My Girlfriend had Sex-Ed up north, when she came down here and had it again in high school she was shocked to hear Abstinence-only being taught, it made no sense to her.

I didn't. My sister didn't and neither did my wife or her two sisters. Please don't accuse all teenagers of having a lack of self-control.

eleganz
08-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Seriously, Ron Paul should publicly challenge any presidential candidate to a debate, you can't make an honest decision off of the type of debates they currently have, there are too many tangents and not following of the rules, how often do you see Romney take more time than he is supposed to? he always starts off his points like "first of all I want to thank FOX for inviting us and that America is the best nation in the world" it makes be sick.