PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Ron Paul Interview On Fox News Sunday: Talks Fema, Libya, Mises & More

Immortal Technique
08-28-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5fj0eR3sg

Airing Date Aug 28.2011

Ron Paul Interview On Fox News Sunday: Talks Fema, Libya, Mises & More

The One
08-28-2011, 08:20 AM
You, sir, are a stone-cold pimp.

pulp8721
08-28-2011, 08:25 AM
I didn't see the rest of the show, was he mentioned in the panel? Did Kristol say anything nice?

No Free Beer
08-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Game Over. White House is ours!

zerosdontcount
08-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Great interview, thanks again for the video Technique

TheDriver
08-28-2011, 08:32 AM
They usually show Chris Wallace on Fox News on Sunday, but it appears not this Sunday, as it's not scheduled, just hurricane coverage [Nashville market].

YumYum
08-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Game Over. White House is ours!

Unbelievable. In fact it was so good, it scares me. It is obvious Fox News wants Ron Paul to be president. The question is: Why??:confused:

evilfunnystuff
08-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Great segment.

TheDriver
08-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Ron nailed the FEMA attack question. Interviews like this, that get our message out, is why I donate! Ron Paul 2012!

specsaregood
08-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Great job Dr. Paul.

Carson
08-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Good man.

Created4
08-28-2011, 08:51 AM
He definitely was ready for this interview, and articulated very well. The problem is that it was probably not seen on the East coast due to Irene. :( The campaign needs to get this segment out to those people as much as possible, especially New Hampshire!

IDefendThePlatform
08-28-2011, 08:54 AM
That was freaking fantastic. If every republican voter saw this interview we would win in a landslide.

fearthereaperx
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
bu-bu-but I think we should bail out the bunnies.. :(

smartguy911
08-28-2011, 09:00 AM
totally nailed it

Chester Copperpot
08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
everybody knows to fix the economy, we have to make it go to shit as we transition to sound money.. so maybe they figure put ron paul in the white house and then try and pin the blame on all the libertarians..

either way.. ill take ron paul as POTUS any day of the week and anyhow i can get him in there

pcosmar
08-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Unbelievable. In fact it was so good, it scares me. It is obvious Fox News wants Ron Paul to be president. The question is: Why??:confused:

It is obvious that they can't pretend he doesn't exist anymore. They want to retain some level of credibility.

Created4
08-28-2011, 09:43 AM
He was definitely prepared for this, and did a great job overall. Unfortunately many on the East coast may not have seen it due to the Irene coverage. The campaign needs to make sure this is spread far and wide. The only part I did not like was Wallace stating he was a long-shot to win in his question as to whether or not Paul wanted to win or just shape thinking. Paul said yes, but he should have also stated that he expected to win and even gave up his Congressional seat to concentrate on winning. Just framing that questions creates doubt in people's minds as to whether they believe Dr. Paul is a legitimate candidate. He needs to convince us he wants to win, and expects to win.

IDefendThePlatform
08-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks for posting this. I just tweeted it:
Great Fox News interview with Ron Paul today. Discusses FEMA, Libya and more:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5fj0eR3sg&feature=player_embedded (http://t.co/Y5kZ7P8)

pcosmar
08-28-2011, 09:51 AM

They can not justify deliberately ignoring him any longer and maintain any level of credibility.

pcosmar
08-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I am guessing the Data base error was corrected.
Missing and double posts just appeared,, lol.

CavortingChicken
08-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Awesome interview!!! We didnt get it in Philly though because of Irene unfortunately!

rolle
08-28-2011, 10:16 AM
There has never been a politician ( I hate using that word to describe Ron) that could even come close to speaking that way. If he keeps this up, he has a great shot at winning. Chris didn't stand a chance.

RecoveringNeoCon
08-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Unbelievable Interview. When the debates come down to Paul, Bachmann, Perry, and Romney - Paul will have more than enough time to explain his positions as he did in this video. That is when we will catapult into 1st!!!!

Austrian Economics on Fox News Sunday:eek:

Diurdi
08-28-2011, 11:12 AM
That was a brilliant interview. Spoke like a president.

Fredom101
08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
One of RP's best interviews ever.

But I still can't stand Chris Wallace. He seems so unemotional and unengaged during the interview. And he talks out of the corner of his mouth. I like interviewers who will come forward with their opinion a little more, and take a conversational approach much better.

misconstrued
08-28-2011, 11:36 AM
everybody knows to fix the economy, we have to make it go to shit as we transition to sound money.. so maybe they figure put ron paul in the white house and then try and pin the blame on all the libertarians..

Exactly, this has crossed my mind many times. If Ron Paul wins it "they" could do everything they can to thrash the economy and, if you want to go balls-out conspiratorial, maybe a false flag or two in reaction to our drastic change in foreign policy. Blame Ron Paul to sway the public away from his ideas and back to more of the same.

Working Poor
08-28-2011, 11:39 AM
nice

Created4
08-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm still not sure this actually aired on Fox News. I have only seen it on the Internet. I did not see it here in the California market....

Kregisen
08-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm still not sure this actually aired on Fox News. I have only seen it on the Internet. I did not see it here in the California market....

Has anyone here actually seen it on tv?

Seraphim
08-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Unbelievable Interview. When the debates come down to Paul, Bachmann, Perry, and Romney - Paul will have more than enough time to explain his positions as he did in this video. That is when we will catapult into 1st!!!!

Austrian Economics on Fox News Sunday:eek:

YES! I find that awesome. RP didn't bring it up...FOX NEWS DID. WOW.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Please link to the official video so that we can reward FNC with pageviews. If we give the MSM positive feedback it means they will be a bit more likely to do positive things for Ron Paul:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1133006273001/media-ignoring-ron-paul/

muh_roads
08-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm confused...did this not appear on TV?

Acala
08-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I know it appeared on tv because my Dad emailed me to say it was awesome.

emazur
08-28-2011, 12:25 PM
The audio version is scheduled to air two more times today on the Fox News radio site and SiriusXM. Schedule here:
http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_Channel_C&childpagename=SXM%2FSXM_Channel_C%2FChannelProgram List&cid=1282009841066&pagename=SXM%2FWrapper&packedargs=tzone%3DPacific

So that's 3 times in one day, and looking at the schedule today you've also got Freedom Watch and Stossel and Paul-friendly Cavuto and Dobbs on. Libertarian day for Fox?

FSP-Rebel
08-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Probably just most of the eastern time zone that missed this.

axiomata
08-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Reading the topics discussed and the interviewer I was worried it would be an attack segment but it wasn't, and Ron jacked it.

AdamT
08-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Has anyone here actually seen it on tv?

Yes, I saw it this morning.

noneedtoaggress
08-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Ron was a baller in this.

vita3
08-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Superior interview, but NOT seen in NJ.

Acala
08-28-2011, 12:39 PM
That was a great interview.

georgiaboy
08-28-2011, 12:46 PM
heard it in the car on AM Fox news radio around 12:45pm edt today. After it was over I just started cheering in my car it was so awesome. I couldn't believe how great it was.

Ron's FEMA answer was a CLARION CALL to every red-blooded conservative in America.

He hit every topic head on and uncompromising.

He got the military donations point in on his foreign policy discussion - great!

If there were only one recommendation for him in the future, I really want him to point to his record even more. He used it very effectively during the FEMA discussion (being re-elected as the rep of a coastal district for years); he has years of a legislative record, both votes and bill authoring/sponsoring, that he must get in front of the public during these interviews, etc. It's the silver bullet.

muh_roads
08-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Probably just most of the eastern time zone that missed this.

How convenient. He was supposed to be on Fox News Sunday the last few weekends I heard but they kept canceling.

ctiger2
08-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice staging setup with the flag and the seal in the back. Looking VERY Presidential!

GunnyFreedom
08-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I, for one, love this argument (rephrased into my own politicking language):

"It's bad government that has caused people to become dependent on these government handouts and redundant services. It's not the people's fault that bad government has done this to them, but we do have to overcome the dependency, and so we need to work a slow and comfortable transition away from these policies that hurt the individual and only benefit the bureaucrats."

Peace&Freedom
08-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Rock solid performance by the good doctor.

KingRobbStark
08-28-2011, 02:46 PM
What a great interview.

KingRobbStark
08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Nice staging setup with the flag and the seal in the back. Looking VERY Presidential!

I think that was fox's studio.

ifthenwouldi
08-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I've seen a ton of Dr. Paul's interviews and that was something wholly different.

vita3
08-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Ron can win this election easy, if he promises Nader a real effective position in GOV.

Created4
08-28-2011, 03:12 PM
heard it in the car on AM Fox news radio around 12:45pm edt today. After it was over I just started cheering in my car it was so awesome. I couldn't believe how great it was.

Ron's FEMA answer was a CLARION CALL to every red-blooded conservative in America.

He hit every topic head on and uncompromising.

He got the military donations point in on his foreign policy discussion - great!

If there were only one recommendation for him in the future, I really want him to point to his record even more. He used it very effectively during the FEMA discussion (being re-elected as the rep of a coastal district for years); he has years of a legislative record, both votes and bill authoring/sponsoring, that he must get in front of the public during these interviews, etc. It's the silver bullet.

I agree with all these points. But I think he still needs convince everyone he is in this to WIN the GOP nomination, and not just in it for principle, and then point out that the polls show he is an upper tier candidate representing what the American people want. What hurt him in 2008 was that many would not vote for him because they did not think he had any chance to win. That mindset MUST change!

TNforPaul45
08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Ya'll are missing the biggest point of all from this interview: Fox News actually showed a picture of Ludwig von Mises on air and Chris wallace asked what "Austrian Economics" was. THAT is HUGE!!! Thousands and thousands just got introduced to the basics of what makes up the core of congressman Paul.

Praexological win!!!

muh_roads
08-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I've seen a ton of Dr. Paul's interviews and that was something wholly different.

He was probably rehearsing with Doug Wead. The campaign is is surrounded with much more intelligent advisers this go around than last time.

ForLibertyFight
08-28-2011, 04:07 PM
great interview. nailed it

ClayTrainor
08-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Dr. Paul did really, really well in this one.

iamse7en
08-28-2011, 04:23 PM
bu-bu-but I think we should bail out the bunnies.. :(

lol!

Rede
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
As President, I...

I love it. He's making an effort to sound and appear presidential. You can tell he's been working on things - I think there is a good amount of influence from Jack Hunter and Doug Wead.

mczerone
08-29-2011, 12:10 AM

My theory: FoxNews knows that they've lost all credibility with independents and the swing voters, so they are using some reverse physchology. By promoting Paul as their new "favorite", they're really attempting to sabotage him by making those who distrust fox extend their distrust to Paul.

KingRobbStark
08-29-2011, 01:31 AM
My theory: FoxNews knows that they've lost all credibility with independents and the swing voters, so they are using some reverse physchology. By promoting Paul as their new "favorite", they're really attempting to sabotage him by making those who distrust fox extend their distrust to Paul.

One good interview hardly classifies him as there "favorite". Regardless the media is not stupid. They know that if they expose Paul's ideas (regardless of your theory), people would be exposed to the fundamental ideas of the Austrian school of thought. Once people take a dose of freedom its over, and the media knows that.

bunklocoempire
08-29-2011, 02:03 AM

Since Paul's support has risen these past years, the 'truth ante' has been upped.

Use only enough truth as needed to accomplish your desired outcome. Think Obama's Egypt speech when he actually mentioned the '53 coup.

I don't believe Fox wants Paul to be president.

Excellent interview Dr. Paul! Thank you! :)

Bunkloco

Don Lapre
08-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Ron Paul did a nice job.
Definitely a positive interview - and an important one - on FAUX NEWS.

But realize that it was a good interview in large part because C. Wallace let it be a good interview.
He didn't try to do a hatchet job on Ron.

So being a cynic and skeptic, I want to know... WHY C. Wallace (FAUX NEWS) let Ron have a legit interview?

It's very interesting.

buck000
08-29-2011, 06:50 AM
I actually thought Chris Wallace WAS attempting a few 'gotcha' questions, but Dr. Paul just swatted 'em down like so many pesky mosquitos.

My favorite part, after the discussion of Austrian economics, was when Ron Paul laughed at Chris Wallace's characterization of the Constitution, liberty, property rights, etc., as 'unconventional'....!

Don Lapre
08-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Yes, I loved that answer, too.
Perfect.

Wallace gave Dr. Paul some challenging questions, but he never interrupted him or badgered him the way, say, O'Really? does.