PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to the MORONS who don't get it!

Sematary
11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Every time I watch one of these youtube videos - like the recent one where the guy on Tucker was saying that he "doesn't get it" about Ron Paul supporters, I want to scream. How many times have we heard this? Let me count the ways! Personally, I don't understand how you DON'T GET IT! It's as simple as this, so pay close attention and try to drive this into your Neanderthal little brains and try and grasp some understanding....

IT'S ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION STUPID!

See? Wasn't that easy?

Morons.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 09:27 AM
lol

:D

speciallyblend
11-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Ditto

KewlRonduderules
11-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Is there a sign for this aimed at the media? If not, I think this would probably be a good idea.

:)

MsDoodahs
11-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Wish we'd have had a couple of signs targeted to Hannity et al in the Hardball debate audience...

"Hey, Hannity! It's about the CONSTITUTION, stupid!"

:D

Mr. White
11-04-2007, 09:42 AM
You're kind of preachin' to the choir here...

constitutional
11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Since the media has nothing against Ron Paul, they call him and his supporters "loony." HAHA!

Ron Paul preaches exactly what our founding fathers intended. Our founding fathers were BRAVE! They signed the Declaration of Independence knowing they are signing away their HONOR, WEALTH and LIFE. If we had failed in the revolution, they all would have been executed.

People are really passionate about Ron Paul. Here's a mass that's not manipulated by the media.

sandersondavis
11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Every time I watch one of these youtube videos - like the recent one where the guy on Tucker was saying that he "doesn't get it" about Ron Paul supporters, I want to scream. How many times have we heard this? Let me count the ways! Personally, I don't understand how you DON'T GET IT! It's as simple as this, so pay close attention and try to drive this into your Neanderthal little brains and try and grasp some understanding....

See? Wasn't that easy?

Morons.

I started a thread on this subject a while ago. It was ignored, for the most part, as are most of my posts ;-)

At that time I adopted the slogan for my signature. (see below) I got the idea by trying to condense the essence of the campaign into a slogan that anyone could understand. I remembered the Clinton campaign using "It's the Economy Stupid" as a slogan to keep the message on track. "It's the Constitution, Stupid," just flowed from that.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_the_economy,_stupid

I am thrilled to death others are picking up on the slogan.

Maybe someone can write a similar article Weki article for It's The Economy Stupid.

bootstrap
11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
It's about liberty, freedom, individual rights.

Yes, that's largely what *our* consitution exists to protect.

However, I wonder if I am the only one who is uncomfortable about the formulation that "it is about following what some old time 'authorities' wrote". You see, to me, so many people say we must follow this, that or the other old time authority, which in almost every OTHER case means "we must be slaves to this book, this bunch of laws, this religious text, and so forth".

It just so happens, one old time bunch of people got it damn close to right FOR A CHANGE. If they hadn't, I for one sure would not support it, just because I happen to live in the country they wrote it in!

So in this case, we end up more-or-less saying the same thing by starting at different places on a loop (or mobius strip). But the difference matters to me. The difference (in my mind) is, liberty, freedom and individual rights are RIGHT.

PS: Not an attempt to start a debate or argument. But remember, most people support their positions ... well ... "just because" (very much like why they support their favorite sports teams). Distinction without a difference? Well, I don't think so, but not trying to make a big deal about it. And remember, when we say "the constitution", not even the republican candidates have the faintest clue what the significance of that is --- while "liberty, freedom and individual rights" have at least a vague fuzzy (twisted) meaning to them.

Okay, call me a [semi] moron?

garrettwombat
11-04-2007, 10:41 AM
hahah next sign waving "IT'S ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION STUPID"

on a huge sign... gonna be funny

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 10:43 AM
No, bootstrap, I think you're right. We will do better if we define it, for just the reasons you stated. We may want to work on that definition though. For example, doesn't liberty and freedom mean the same thing?

nullvalu
11-04-2007, 10:43 AM
hahah next sign waving "IT'S ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION STUPID"

on a huge sign... gonna be funny

Nice ;)

greves
11-04-2007, 10:45 AM
http://grampyshouse.net/cliches/images/morans.jpg

alien
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Is there a sign for this aimed at the media? If not, I think this would probably be a good idea.

:)

Ironic, I was just watching Bill Engvall. "Here's your sign"