PDA

View Full Version : Half of US obese by 2030

Rael
08-27-2011, 06:49 PM
HALF of U.S. population will be obese by 2030 experts predict as the number could swell to 164 million Americans

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2030563/HALF-U-S-population-obese-2030-experts-predict.html#ixzz1WHQNGTwb

CaliforniaMom
08-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I predict there will be less obesity in the US by 2030, due to hyperinflation and massive poverty and homelessness.

squarepusher
08-27-2011, 07:26 PM
are you telling me now half isn't obese?

http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2011/07/08/12-unfathomable-obesity-stats-make-you-want-to-cry/

I guess not. I agree with mom. There will be a darwinian limit where people start dying so there wont be so many fat people.

kah13176
08-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I predict there will be less obesity in the US by 2030, due to hyperinflation and massive poverty and homelessness.

There is actually a negative correlation between income and BMI. The cheapest foods are the unhealthiest, like McDonalds and junk food. Way too many calories for very low cost.

brandon
08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
There will be a darwinian limit where people start dying so there wont be so many fat people.

I don't know about this. I don't think being mildly obese is really as unhealthy as people make it out to be. And in either case, the health effects generally don't catch up to people until they are well past the typical reproduction years.

Like with smoking, who are we to judge people for this? We all die eventually anyway. Maybe people are rationally making the decision that the enjoyment they derive from these habits is worth the possibility of losing 10 or 20 years of the end of their life.

Acala
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't know about this. I don't think being mildly obese is really as unhealthy as people make it out to be. And in either case, the health effects generally don't catch up to people until they are well past the typical reproduction years.

Like with smoking, who are we to judge people for this? We all die eventually anyway. Maybe people are rationally making the decision that the enjoyment they derive from these habits is worth the possibility of losing 10 or 20 years of the end of their life.

I'm totally cool with people being free to make unhealthy lifestyle choices. I just don't want to be forced to pay for their medical care or disability support.

Seraphim
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM
This is true to an extent.

If someone is very overweight but eats VERY healthy (simply consumes a lot) - they tend to be VERY healthy...jsut overweight.

Acala
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
This is true to an extent.

If someone is very overweight but eats VERY healthy (simply consumes a lot) - they tend to be VERY healthy...jsut overweight.

We could get into a pretty wide ranging debate going down this road. But I don't think this is true. I think there are some easily identifiable foods that are not healthy and make your body store fat. If you eliminate those unhealthy foods, your body will shed fat unless you totally gorge yourself and never leave your sofa. If you eat only healthy foods, you would really have to try to gain weight.

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 04:14 PM
I predict there will be less obesity in the US by 2030, due to hyperinflation and massive poverty and homelessness. People will surprise you. Soy products really damage people's natural intake of food. Soy products from soy baby formula all the way to adulthood...major problems. People are eating more soy,corn syrup and unnatural crap than ever because its cheaper. Have you ever heard of what Soy does to the hormones of men and boys?

here is a direct link between Obesity and Corn Syrup.Unnatural cheap soy,corn syrup etc... is destroying the body.In fact all the artificial sweeteners damage the human genome.
http://www.wellnessresources.com/weight/articles/how_high_fructose_corn_syrup_causes_obesity/

WilliamC
08-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Gee, the more the government gets involved in healthcare the fatter Americans become.

I guess Universal Coverage will lead to Universal Obesity.

squarepusher
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
maybe they are just big boned :D

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I have yet to ever meet someone from Europe who is obese like an american. Truthfully I haven't met one yet in their 18-30 years of age.

heavenlyboy34
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
People will surprise you. Soy products really damage people's natural intake of food. Soy products from soy baby formula all the way to adulthood...major problems. People are eating more soy,corn syrup and unnatural crap than ever because its cheaper. Have you ever heard of what Soy does to the hormones of men and boys?

here is a direct link between Obesity and Corn Syrup.Unnatural cheap soy,corn syrup etc... is destroying the body.In fact all the artificial sweeteners damage the human genome.
http://www.wellnessresources.com/weight/articles/how_high_fructose_corn_syrup_causes_obesity/
This has been my experience as well. Soy is a natural estrogen (which is why it's used in estrogen supplements for women). For men, it tends to cause weight/fat gain.

pcosmar
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
2030 ya say,,
Doubts, but anyway,,

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=cannibal+recipe+&psj=1&oq=cannibal+recipe+&aq=f&aqi=g1g-b1&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=12525l13293l0l18899l4l4l0l0l0l0l212l599l0.3 .1l4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1d753b302b4e010e&biw=1163&bih=579

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
This has been my experience as well. Soy is a natural estrogen (which is why it's used in estrogen supplements for women). For men, it tends to cause weight/fat gain. Yes because estrogen also makes women have curves and female parts. Soy is complete garbage! Thats the crap they put in baby formulas nowdays....and I have no doubt about it affecting young boys who are raised on it.

beerista
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
2030?! Where's that American "can do" attitude?! I say we can reach that goal by 2020 (unless the government really steps up the War On Weight, in which case, we reach it sooner.)