PDA

View Full Version : NON-alphabetical RNC mail-in 'Official Straw Poll' shoves RP's name all the way to near

Happy Fishing
08-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Don't know if already commented upon,
but just received my NON-alphabetical RNC 'Official Straw Poll'/fund solicitation in the mail.

For ease of typing I am leaving first names off the following information:

This NON-alphabetical name list to check off is three columns wide and RP's name is shoved off into
the last column, all the way near the bottom, with only some unknown (Buddy Roemer), and 'Other'
beneath his name; and Fred Karcher, then Newt Gingrich above his name in that last column.

Unsurprisingly, Bachmann leads off the very first name on the first column, followed by Huntsman, McCotter, Pawlenty, and Romney.

The order of the middle column is Cain, Johnson, Palin, Perry, and Santorum.

It is my opinion that it is formatted to appear as if RP
is just an afterthought stuck onto the list along with a no-name and 'other'.

No room for comments on the form.

Please advise on effective wording that links my decision NOT to provide the party financial support to my sense of feeling patronized.

malkusm
08-27-2011, 05:26 PM
The list is sorted alphabetically if you read it across the rows instead of down the columns:

Bachmann | Cain | Gingrich
Hunstman | Johnson | Karger
McCotter | Palin | Paul
Pawlenty | Perry | Roemer
Romney | Santorum | Other

Of course, you could argue that they should have done it in column-dominant order, or that they should have put "Other" in alphabetically ahead of Palin (though this would have probably been confusing). But to me this is a non-issue.

Happy Fishing
08-27-2011, 05:40 PM
I do not agree that this is a non-issue.

This is a Mail-in poll, as in snail-mail, which is a primary means of political interaction for the elderly folks, who are more easily subtly swayed/manipulated. If they keep getting their info in this type of format they could easily go the whole election season thinking the folks at the end of the lists are just the also-rans. Believe me, these are also the people who vote, and quite reliably and in great proportion.

VBRonPaulFan
08-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I do not agree that this is a non-issue.

This is a Mail-in poll, as in snail-mail, which is a primary means of political interaction for the elderly folks, who are more easily subtly swayed/manipulated. If they keep getting their info in this type of format they could easily go the whole election season thinking the folks at the end of the lists are just the also-rans. Believe me, these are also the people who vote, and quite reliably and in great proportion.

old folks read everything before they sign off on anything. i learned that from my grandpa... lol.

if we lose because people are too impatient to read all of the candidates before checking their vote off, all hope is lost anyhow.

Happy Fishing
08-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Tru dat. Sigh.