PDA

View Full Version : someone from NH please post the full page ad from today's Union Leader

max
11-04-2007, 08:34 AM
any NH folks here>...please post the full page ron paul ad from Sunday paper

Geronimo
11-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I have no scanner.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
You can view it online. I see the orange/red issue was not addressed.

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
A simple digital camera will work fine just take many pictures in different light conditions and pic the best clearest one and use that. If you have any questions how to do that just ask and I'm sure some one here can help you.

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 08:47 AM
link please.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Go here and click on free sample.
http://nhunionleader.newsstand.com/index.cfm?NSEMC=TULTULPRN20050215EE

The ad is on page A-7.

Geronimo
11-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Anyone know what page it's on?

Edit: Nevermind

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Go here and click on free sample.
http://nhunionleader.newsstand.com/index.cfm?NSEMC=TULTULPRN20050215EE

The ad is on page A-7.
I don't have a subscription. Can someone please take a quality clear picture please?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-04-2007, 09:03 AM
A7

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't have a subscription. Can someone please take a quality clear picture please?

Click on FREE SAMPLE. You sign up. It doesn't cost you a dime.

Geronimo
11-04-2007, 09:11 AM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Geronimo1918/openletterad.jpg

Mark
11-04-2007, 09:12 AM
:).

It's not 'super clear' because the issue displays as a flash file when you register..

but.. better than nothing.. ;)

http://revmark.org/files/paul/nhpauladc.jpg

p.s.

I now see that "Geronimo" beat me to it with a MUCH MUCH better image.. thanks

speciallyblend
11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
bought my copy, bumpty bump;)

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Super Ad!!!!!

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Geronimo, is that a scan of the ad in the actual paper?

I ask, because the ad text in the body of the upper ad appears much bolder in the online version, than the version you displayed. The online version text sticks out and is much easier to read, given the background.

Geronimo
11-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Geronimo, is that a scan of the ad in the actual paper?

I ask, because the ad text in the body of the upper ad appears much bolder in the online version, than the version you displayed. The online version text sticks out and is much easier to read, given the background.

Hmmm... I think you have something there. I did a screen capture, and when I opened my images folder to find the capture I think I might have picked the wrong one.

Sorry.

aroberso
11-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I just looked at the ad. It's a great ad, but if I could offer one critique:

I wish it didn't say "watch this and e-mail it to everyone you know" at the bottom.

Following the classic "sandwich bad new around good", I'd like to again say that I really liked the ad overall!

I had the pleasure yesterday of standing 5 feet away from Mitt Romney holding a Ron Paul sign at the Michigan/Michigan State football game. Woohoo!

:-)

max
11-04-2007, 09:59 AM

deal with it...

bad enough you made me take out the important info on the other candidates with the ruckus you started

M.Bellmore
11-04-2007, 09:59 AM

I wish it didn't say "watch this and e-mail it to everyone you know" at the bottom.

Following the classic "sandwich bad new around good", I'd like to again say that I really liked the ad overall!

I had the pleasure yesterday of standing 5 feet away from Mitt Romney holding a Ron Paul sign at the Michigan/Michigan State football game. Woohoo!

Did you outnumber his supporters?

max
11-04-2007, 10:01 AM

walt
11-04-2007, 10:04 AM

that is the best part of the ad.

aroberso
11-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Sorry if this is off-topic...I'm a forum novice...

There was a Ron Paul tailgate party I was attending when someone let us know where Mitt was going to be. We literally had to run several blocks to get there (not coincidental I'm sure). There were about 10 RP supporters that made it and peacfully held up their signs.

I think some videos will be posted to Youtube today from other RP'ers there with their cameras. One guy asked Mitt, with camera in hand, what he thought about the media blackout of Ron Paul. He said "he didn't know anything about it".

max
11-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Are you kidding me?

that stop dreaming video makes INSTANT converts...it's a tear jerker...and by planting the idea of having folks e-mail it around it expands the reach of the original ad

walt
11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Are you kidding me?

that stop dreaming video makes INSTANT converts...it's a tear jerker...and by planting the idea of having folks e-mail it around it expands the reach of the original ad
someone said I wish it didn't say that...I think they misspoke - I'm saying I'm glad it did.

aroberso
11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
To answer the question: no, we didn't outnumber Romney's supporters. I'd say there were about 30 of them and 10-15 of us. No other signs were there besides Romney and Paul tho.

aroberso
11-04-2007, 10:13 AM
re: "e-mail it to everyone you know" - I guess my sandwich tactic didn't work.

I agree the video is incredibly inspring and I have watched it several times. I think most people who would take the time to watch it will be INSPIRED to send it to others, as many of you have already done I'm sure.

I guess I think it was just stating the obvious, and it further reminded me of the e-mails I get from my naive and less tech-savvy relatives with pictures of cute kitties, bible quotes, and promises of payments from Microsoft.

Sorry if that riles anyone and let me just end by saying that yesterday was my first opportunity to meet face-to-face with RP supporters and to speak with like-minded souls.

I've never been a political activist before, but I am one now, and it is because of Ron Paul.

M.Bellmore
11-04-2007, 10:16 AM
To answer the question: no, we didn't outnumber Romney's supporters. I'd say there were about 30 of them and 10-15 of us. No other signs were there besides Romney and Paul tho.

It's hard to believe anyone would like him. He reminds me a lot of slick willie. Unfortunately, he is in the lead in MI. I am planning some letters to the editor attacking his flip-flopping on gun control (just in time for deer season).

jgmaynard
11-04-2007, 10:19 AM

That's great! Going exactly how we want it to go (check out my "swing bands" thread in politics).

I believe that we are seeing the rise of a mentality among Republicans, at least in NH but it seems elsewhere of:

Romney or Paul?

Gulliani (sp?) or Paul?

McCain or Paul? (I use him cause in NH, he's still got some support)

That will split the pro-war vote nicely for us, methinks...

JM

aroberso
11-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Also considering that RP supporters had to RUN several blocks just to be there, and the Romney crowd was presumably notified in advance and was there waiting for him...pretty darn good I'd say.

literatim
11-04-2007, 10:25 AM
deal with it...

bad enough you made me take out the important info on the other candidates with the ruckus you started

I think that if you attack other candidates, you shouldn't include Ron Paul's name. Maybe an attack ad focused at the neocons would be a worthy investment for the PAC.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 10:26 AM
deal with it...

Well Max, you said you would address the orange/red issue, amongst other things. You did not. What does that make you, Max?

As far as the "ruckus" goes, Max. You displayed an ad and asked for donations. We donated one hell of a lot of money to put that ad in the paper. Then, you went off and did your own thing and totally changed the ad. You BROKE YOUR VERBAL CONTRACT WITH THOSE OF US WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE AD, Max. When some of us called you on that, you finally backed down somewhat, although maintaining that you were going to keep the majority of the changes. Regardless of the fact that the money had been raised to run something that looked entirely different. Now, we see you broke your word, yet again and apparently, you could care less. :mad:

max
11-04-2007, 11:09 AM

page A-7! WOW!

i didnt even pay for premium placement!

the ad rep said she'd fight to get it in first half of paper...

this is awesome placement...early in the paper and on the right side...

it costs an extra 2000 to guarante such placement

Dlynne
11-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh, congratulations to you and the NH ad! It is great.

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 11:12 AM

I read about you somewhere on the internets.

max
11-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Well Max, you said you would address the orange/red issue, amongst other things. You did not. What does that make you, Max?

As far as the "ruckus" goes, Max. You displayed an ad and asked for donations. We donated one hell of a lot of money to put that ad in the paper. Then, you went off and did your own thing and totally changed the ad. You BROKE YOUR VERBAL CONTRACT WITH THOSE OF US WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE AD, Max. When some of us called you on that, you finally backed down somewhat, although maintaining that you were going to keep the majority of the changes. Regardless of the fact that the money had been raised to run something that looked entirely different. Now, we see you broke your word, yet again and apparently, you could care less. :mad:

ever occur to you that there were 60+ other donors and some of them expressed that they liked the difference in color?. and some were even disappointed that we took out the part that YOU didnt like because you were afraid of attacking the other candidates...

.....the color scheme transitions from old looking to modern at the bottom

not to mention that this was MY ad (and $500 of my own money) and I worked my ass off to get it done in the face of constant sniping from some in this forum..

thanks to your whining about the other candidates info , we lost a golden opportunity to damage the other candidates and to create some controversial publicity by removing the useful, truthful, and important information on the other candidates from the ad....

your little insurrection cost us the opportunity to steal Rudy/Romney votes in NH...remember that if our man loses in NH

ItsTime
11-04-2007, 11:17 AM
good work getting Ron Pauls name out there max. This should be seen by over 200k people!

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 11:18 AM
The fact still remains, Max, that you raised money under a false premise. You displayed the ad that you said would be run and then, completely changed it, AFTER you had the money you wanted. Actually Max, what you did is illegal as all hell.

The ad did not belong to you, Max. Not once you came to other people and asked for their donations to run it in the paper. You had an obligation to run the ad that we paid for and if you wanted to change it, to get our permission to do so. That is not what you did. There is no excuse for you actions and I for one, will never trust your word again.

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 11:20 AM
//

max
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
The fact still remains, Max, that you raised money under a false premise. You displayed the ad that you said would be run and then, completely changed it, AFTER you had the money you wanted. Actually Max, what you did is illegal as all hell.

The ad did not belong to you, Max. Not once you came to other people and asked for their donations to run it in the paper. You had an obligation to run the ad that we paid for and if you wanted to change it, to get our permission to do so. That is not what you did. There is no excuse for you actions and I for one, will never trust your word again.

"Completely changed"????

what changed other than the RP bullet points that were added?...stuff that comes straight from his own slim jim!!!

the only change would have been the info on the other guys...thats what set you off and then the lemmings followed.....it would have caused tremendous damage to Rudy and Romney and Mccain and Thompson and Huck if those facts got out...

Now, thanks to you and the legion of chickens...the voters of NH wil NEVER find out about these important issue regarding the "top tier"

ItsTime
11-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Ron Paul is running his own ads attacking the top tier here in New Hampshire. So no worries there. However, if you wan to run some 1/4 ads attacking them without Ron Pauls name that would be cool.

"Completely changed"????

what changed other than the RP bullet points that were added?...stuff that comes straight from his own slim jim!!!

the only change would have been the info on the other guys...thats what set you off and then the lemmings followed.....it would have caused tremendous damage to Rudy and Romney and Mccain and Thompson and Huck if those facts got out...

Now, thanks to you and the legion of chickens...the voters of NH wil NEVER find out about these important issue regarding the "top tier"

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 11:27 AM

Here is where i read about you in the news lately:

Romney visits Michigan State and says he's hopeful Cerberus can ...
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071103/UPDATE/711030425/1361

google preview text: "DetNews.com, MI - 20 hours ago
As he shook hands and signed autographs, curious football fans looked on and college-age supporters of upstart GOP candidate Ron Paul held up signs and ..."

max
Ron Paul is running his own ads attacking the top tier here in New Hampshire. So no worries there. However, if you wan to run some 1/4 ads attacking them without Ron Pauls name that would be cool.

RP is running attack ad?...

thats the first I heard of it..

I hope thats true because without attacking WE LOSE..

nice guys finish last...thats what some folks in here cant seem to understand..

the irony is that this ad came from a PAC..not RP campaign. RP's hands would have been clean and these people were STILL afraid to attack

LibertyEagle
Hhmmm..... I don't know about you, Max, but I'm seeing quite a bit of difference between THIS ad and the one you put in the paper. The ad below is the one you displayed when you collected the money from us.

http://www.unitedforliberty.com/assets/front.jpg

Granted, some of the formatting and background would have to be changed for a newspaper layout, but I'm not seeing any of that text at the bottom that you have in the ad you ran in the paper. Are you? And certainly not the candidate comparison that you are complaining about that you also tried to add, after you had collected the money.

What do you think, Max? That we should've just handed you nearly $7000 for you to go do whatever the hell you wanted to? We donated money for a specific ad. You did not have the authority to tack on all kinds of other things to the bottom, just because YOU wanted to. That's not the way this donation thing works.

ItsTime
11-04-2007, 11:29 AM
here you go, heres the radio ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU614yBacV4

RP is running attack ad?...

thats the first I heard of it..

I hope thats true because without attacking WE LOSE..

nice guys finish last...thats what some folks in here cant seem to understand..

the irony is that this ad came from a PAC..not RP campaign. RP's hands would have been clean and these people were STILL afraid to attack

speciallyblend
11-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Liberty,sorry i agree with Max,the ad didnt belong to you either,it belonged to 60 other donors,who all had different ideas. OVERALL MAX YOU DID A GREAT JOB,keep your chin up:)

We also need to run another seperate ad showing the others positions in NH as soon as possible,this one need to be tough and straight forward,which will cause more media attention as RON PAULS MESSAGE GROWS:)

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 11:31 AM
"Completely changed"????

I have to agree with her earlier on the premise that Ron does not attack his competitors. I really like the ad and will donate if you want to run an ad attacking those you mentioned but without any reference to Ron Paul, that is not his style but yours. Nice job. Also will donate only on final copy.

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 11:33 AM
If you want to run attack ads, then be up-front and honest about it. Design the ad and collect money for THAT ad. But, don't do the bait-and-switch routine.

NewEnd
11-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Good Job Max, and thanks for doing the right thing.

:)

LibertyEagle
11-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Liberty,sorry i agree with Max,the ad didnt belong to you either,it belonged to 60 other donors,who all had different ideas. OVERALL MAX YOU DID A GREAT JOB,keep your chin up:)

I never said it belonged to me. However, if money is collected to run a certain ad, that ad should be run. It's called a verbal contract. If Max wanted to change that ad, he should've gone back to the donors and given them the option of getting their money refunded if they did not agree to the changes.

aroberso
11-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Here is where i read about you in the news lately:

Romney visits Michigan State and says he's hopeful Cerberus can ...
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071103/UPDATE/711030425/1361

google preview text: "DetNews.com, MI - 20 hours ago
As he shook hands and signed autographs, curious football fans looked on and college-age supporters of upstart GOP candidate Ron Paul held up signs and ..."

I'll take "college-age" as a compliment since I'm 37 years old! HA!!

Thanks for the link, and I'm looking forward to the videos on YouTube.

speciallyblend
11-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I cant believe people are arguing over this ad,its almost comical if it wasnt real. Instead of arguing,lets wait for about 1-2 weeks and see what happens with it, before,we argue about a bunch OF WHAT IF'S.

ItsTime
11-04-2007, 11:42 AM
were there 2000 people there for Romney? Sorry to hijack the thread, but they pulled the piece.

I'll take "college-age" as a compliment since I'm 37 years old! HA!!

Thanks for the link, and I'm looking forward to the videos on YouTube.

Ibgamer
11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Max you did a great job, thank you so much for doing all of this

As for the guy complaining, I can see if he cut stuff out or made the ad worse you would be pissed, but he added his issues which are very important right now.

This guy spent alot of time on it and you helped donate so just let it go. It looks great and is going to help us out tremendously.

aroberso
11-04-2007, 11:49 AM
No, there were about 30 at the time I saw him. I don't know about the tailgate parties. It was a madhouse with 10's of thousands there for the game so maybe they were elsewhere...who knows.

Here's a pic from the Lansing State Journal. You can see a hint of the RP sign. They were moving pretty hard to get in front of us. His supporters were nice enough and collegial. The police arrived to "watch" us, but they were cool about it too.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007711040701

speciallyblend
11-04-2007, 11:51 AM
The Bottom of the ad says the truth,It's Ron Pauls platform and explains the issues to anyone who reads them.The bottom also encourages more to check out Ron Pauls Message.

WHATS THE FREAKIN PROBLEM THE AD IS GREAT ENUFF SAID,please tell me whats so bad about the bottom part of the ad ,thats so wrong.

Dont even bother to argue,there is not a dam thing wrong with the bottom of the ad.

GREAT WORK MAX and all the people who donated.

Take the argument to pm,geez THE AD IS GREAT PERIOD

aroberso
11-04-2007, 11:52 AM
You can find the piece in the Detroit News by going to www.detnews.com and searching for "Romney". That's what I had to do.

Here's a link that may work:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007711030425

tsetsefly
11-04-2007, 12:05 PM
i really dont like the ad, I think its condescending, especially with the 10 "warned you"...

Lord Xar
11-04-2007, 12:12 PM
The ad is fantastic.

1. ITS ORIGINAL
2. It explains things in a readable way. It draws readers to it!

Max, I know all the work that goes into these things and many times its enough to make your hair fall out! hahahhaha... It is hard getting alot of opinions and suggestions and trying to incorporate them all. Some will love it, some won't. But its not indictative of those who read it. Remember, those here are all "part" of this - so we can be critical.

Fantastic job. I wish somenoe would lay out the paper and take a photo so we can see how the colors and such really looked. Make sure there was no bleed over with colors and such.

synthetic
11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
The small font overlayed on the blurry background writing makes it difficult to read. Good ad, but the background is "noise" imo.

Mr. White
11-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Like the ad Max, I didn't donate.

That being said, the end justifies the means seems to be the line your pulling. You raised money for one ad, and tried to run another. I've got nothing invested in this dispute. Yes it was a good ad and we thank you for putting it together, but don't act like there's no blood on your hands..

Jaykzo
11-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Fantastic ad.

Its money well spent, no matter how you look at it. No one in the world would be "turned off" by this ad, so anyone crying over it is just looking like a fool right now.

maiki
11-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Hhmmm..... I don't know about you, Max, but I'm seeing quite a bit of difference between THIS ad and the one you put in the paper. The ad below is the one you displayed when you collected the money from us.

That is a much prettier ad. It is stylistically consistent, unlike the ad that was run. Also, does not sound like a chain letter. It is possible Max got enough complaints about this ad, but he should have said something about it to the donators if that was the case. That was sort of rude of him.

That said, the ad that was run is not bad either, and I'm glad something was run.

Meatwasp
11-04-2007, 01:54 PM
This whole thread reminds me of a saying R Heinlein wrote
"Have a problem and in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout.
Don't get mad at me for writing that

jgmaynard
11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
The ad looks good to me... Thank you everyone involved in making it happen... There are a few changes I would have made, but...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jgmaynard/great_strategists.jpg

JM

Johnnybags
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Tia.

constituent
11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
a couple of clear, and rather unfortunate errors:

"to keep it that way. But we didn't...

...warned you you of the dangers of government spending."

When you've got one ready next time, i can help you w/ the language a little (particularly the "you attitude") if you'd like.

(P.S. read every sentence backwards before submission ;) )