PDA

View Full Version : Why Palin, Bachmann, Perry, etc are considered Tea Party candidates

realtonygoodwin
08-27-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/35988.html

Tea party activists are divided roughly into two camps, according to a new POLITICO/TargetPoint poll: one that’s libertarian-minded and largely indifferent to hot-button values issues and another that’s culturally conservative and equally concerned about social and fiscal issues.

It seems many people here don't seem to understand why certain candidates are promoted as Tea Party candidates over Ron Paul, who arguably started the movement. This article does a decent job of explaining how this is possible. There are essentially two different Tea Parties (which have some overlap), but the media tends not to differentiate. That is how Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are both considered Tea Party politicians even though they have several very different views.

For us as Ron Paul supporters to lump any non-Ron Paul Tea Party types into the "establishment" category is unfair to everyone, and makes us look out of touch. We must realize that we need to recognize our audience and speak to them in the terms they understand, not the terms we understand.

sam9657
08-27-2011, 03:08 PM
We should call them neo tea party!

Brett85
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
In my opinion, candidates like Bachmann and Perry are fairly good on domestic issues. At least, I find myself agreeing with most of their rhetoric. It's mostly just foreign policy issues where candidates like Perry and Bachmann go off the deep end. They support a small government domestic policy at least rhetorically, and then they support this big government foreign policy that promotes nation building and endless war overseas. I'll never understand why so many Republicans don't realize that it's contradictory to support limited government at home and a big government foreign policy. Those two things simply don't go together.

realtonygoodwin
08-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Well, people that want an interventionist foreign policy are misguided (as I used to be). But I see 2 legit reasons for their views.

1. They want to spread freedom and democracy through force and nation build...these are neocons.
2. They honestly feel threatened by the people we are fighting and want to fight "over there" as opposed to "over here." THESE ARE NOT NEOCONS.

realtonygoodwin
08-27-2011, 11:33 PM
We should call them neo tea party!

I have heard teo-cons.

Kregisen
08-28-2011, 01:04 AM
In my opinion, candidates like Bachmann and Perry are fairly good on domestic issues. At least, I find myself agreeing with most of their rhetoric. It's mostly just foreign policy issues where candidates like Perry and Bachmann go off the deep end. They support a small government domestic policy at least rhetorically, and then they support this big government foreign policy that promotes nation building and endless war overseas. I'll never understand why so many Republicans don't realize that it's contradictory to support limited government at home and a big government foreign policy. Those two things simply don't go together.

lol but even Obama isn't liberal enough to sign an executive order having every 6th-grade girl take Gardasil.....B.S. to the notion that Perry is small government even domestically.

At least Bachmann is decent domestically...she is just horrible when it comes to civil liberties, foreign policy, and she lies/makes stuff up more than every other candidate according to reputable sources. (and she's stupid...$2/gallon gas...."I support a constitutional amendment on marriage but i dont tell states what to do")

Jandrsn21
08-28-2011, 01:34 AM
They're Teocons, slightly reformed Bush nut huggers. :)

MJU1983
08-28-2011, 02:39 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312304-Neo-Tea-Party

realtonygoodwin
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312304-Neo-Tea-Party

Nice

Cleaner44
08-28-2011, 07:52 PM
We need to hammer the fact that war is expensive and the policy of borrow and spend sucks... even for undeclared wars.

AGRP
08-28-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.thenorthwestreport.com/top-10-tea-party-crashers/

moderate libertarian
08-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Romney is Mormon and Santorum is Catholic, so it is hard for them get Tea Pawty charisma.

But seriously, I have no idea.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-29-2011, 12:23 AM
They are media creations. They aren't supported by any non-corrupted tea parties I bet.

realtonygoodwin
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Romney is Mormon and Santorum is Catholic, so it is hard for them get Tea Pawty charisma.

But seriously, I have no idea.

I have no idea what this means.

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Because the Democrats have officially put a big stink bomb on the label "Tea Party" and anyone associated with it will indefinitely lose the 2012 elections. This is why nearly all the candidates will be labeled as "tea party" candidates.

realtonygoodwin
09-02-2011, 01:16 PM
This explains why in some polling, Ron doesn't do well among those who label themselves Tea Party.

CaptainAmerica
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Because after Obama defeated McCain and the neoconservative platform, Sarah Palin had to salvage her demolished political career and save face by hijacking the "Tea Party" which Ron Paul began. Sarah Palin quickly took claim to being the creator of the tea party because she needed a new ship after her neo-con mccain ship got wrecked in front of the entire nation in 2008.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM

If you think that about Perry means you haven't researched him enough yet. His rhetoric does not match his actions.
http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea/2011/06/23/rick-perry/

LibertyEagle
09-02-2011, 01:21 PM
At least Bachmann is decent domestically...she is just horrible when it comes to civil liberties, foreign policy, and she lies/makes stuff up more than every other candidate according to reputable sources. (and she's stupid...$2/gallon gas...."I support a constitutional amendment on marriage but i dont tell states what to do")

She probably shouldn't have mentioned a number, but are you going to tell me that if drilling was opened up that the price of gas would not fall? Because I am pretty sure that it would.

Mr Tansill
09-02-2011, 01:41 PM
The reason is because the instant the tea party formed (I mean the real tea party, the Ron Paul tea party), the establishment began it's attempt to assimilate it back into itself with its own set of interlopers.

It's all part of their plan. You and I know Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, and Sarah Palin have absolutely nothing to do with the tea party - they are establishment candidates.

sorianofan
09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
The fake tea party are a bunch of white racists that a re fine with welfare as long as its for white people, and they also like killing brown people in other countries. Small gov't talk is limited to browns and blacks.

moderate libertarian
09-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I have no idea what this means.

One tea party I had observed way back looked like a church get together. I realized later there are many tea parties but I think hardcore church going demographic is a significant part of current Tea Party movement and for many of them separating their religious beliefs from political choice imay not be easy. I won't be surprised if many in that segment do not consider Romney and Santorun "Christian".

That was where my skeptical comment came from.

realtonygoodwin
09-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh.