PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire Investor Jim Rogers Throws support behind Ron Paul!

Jtorsella
08-27-2011, 02:24 PM
--

swissaustrian
08-27-2011, 02:29 PM
This statement is from the last election cycle.
But Jim appeared on the last moneybomb radio 2 months ago, so he still supports Ron.
His financial support to the RevPAC would be great.
Please write him emails:
jim@jimrogers.com
Also write his wife:
paige@paigeparker.com

Jtorsella
08-27-2011, 02:36 PM
But Jim appeared on the last moneybomb radio 2 months ago, so he still supports Ron.
Please write him emails:
jim@jimrogers.com
Also write his wife:
paige@paigeparker.com
No the date is from today.

Agorism
08-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Billionaire?

LibertyEagle
08-27-2011, 02:37 PM

Yup. It darn sure is. :D

swissaustrian
08-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I know but the video originally posted at zerohedge is a copy from an older one:
11-11-2007
starting at 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=airxvVmGnqc

Here is the "new" one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKZzAGikKU

Aratus
08-27-2011, 02:44 PM
the sweet fishfry straw poll tie down in georgia helped this along?

LibertyEagle
08-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I would recommend removing their email addresses, so we aren't contributing to their email boxes being spammed. Just let people know they can contact you if they need their contact information.

swissaustrian
08-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I would recommend removing their email addresses, so we aren't contributing to their email boxes being spammed. Just let people know they can contact you if they need their contact information.
This is public information on the main page of his website:
http://jimrogers.com/

LibertyEagle
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
LOL. Ok, well, nevermind then. :)

swissaustrian
08-27-2011, 02:53 PM
LOL. Ok, well, nevermind then. :)
He probably has employees who check his emails anyway, so I donīt think that a little spamming will hurt us :)

wilcox71
08-27-2011, 03:00 PM
There are a few other billionaires I fully expect to support him. We will have to wait and see.

Shane Harris
08-27-2011, 03:05 PM
ugh to be a billionaire. if i was a billionaire and had the ability to cause a major change in an election, i would easily kick 50 million to this campaign and not think twice. such a small sum of money when youre worth that much. especially if you see it as an investment in your country

tsai3904
08-27-2011, 03:11 PM
The original interview was conducted by Financial Times on October 28, 2007:
http://video.ft.com/v/62246820001/JIM-ROGERS-international-investor-and-author-on-the-dollar

Jim Rogers does continue to support Ron Paul though. This year, he's contributed to Ron's Liberty PAC and Congressional account.

swissaustrian
08-27-2011, 03:15 PM
ugh to be a billionaire. if i was a billionaire and had the ability to cause a major change in an election, i would easily kick 50 million to this campaign and not think twice. such a small sum of money when youre worth that much. especially if you see it as an investment in your country
Thatīs what Soros and Buffet are doing. Sadly, theyīre crony capitalists who support Obombmao.

Esoteric
08-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Anyone can write an article in the examiner.. and this is old news.

Rogers moved to Singapore last year, and is never coming back.

dusman
08-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Now let's just hope the RevPac puts their focus on obtaining contributions from these people.

mit26chell
08-27-2011, 03:37 PM

No- the video they cite for the endorsement is from 2007. Still supports Paul though I'm sure.

Roxi
08-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Where's Ghemminger when you need him?

mit26chell
08-27-2011, 03:41 PM
I hope any billionaire that supports Paul gives multiple millions to the super PAC. I know, I know, easy for me to suggest they do that since it's not my money, but I can only imagine if I were someone like Rogers I would pledge at least $10 million, probably more, to guaranteeing Paul's win.

r3volution
08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Where's Ghemminger when you need him?

he is still busy trying to eat his shoe

specialkornflake
08-27-2011, 03:58 PM
I know Jim Rogers moved to Signapore but he is still a USA resident. I always enjoy listening to Jim Rogers, he has a very interesting delivery style to me.

Eric21ND
08-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Anyone can write an article in the examiner.. and this is old news.

Rogers moved to Singapore last year, and is never coming back.
Irreverent. Rogers is still a US citizen, pays US taxes, votes in US elections, and donates to Ron's campaigns.

evilfunnystuff
08-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Singpore, the place where you get caned for chewing gum, seems an odd place for a RP supporter to move.

Buchananite
08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Nice, though he isn't a billionaire. According to this he is worth 300 million. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/wall-street/jim-rogers-net-worth/

I think its interesting he partnered with Soros to found Quantrum Funds. Guess a split was ineveitable.

Diurdi
08-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Singpore, the place where you get caned for chewing gum, seems an odd place for a RP supporter to move. However it's #2 on the Heritage Economic Freedom Index. Only Hong Kong is higher. It's not a bastion of freedom, but neither is the US - atleast they don't try to deliberately drive away business.

Working Poor
08-27-2011, 07:06 PM
did you not hear him say that if he supports Ron he will not win?

Lafayette
08-27-2011, 07:10 PM
"In this election if Ron Paul gets anywhere near the nomination I would certainly support him. He is the only one that I've seen in American politics that seems to have a clue about what's going on."

He won't get close unless you start dropping wad's of cash into the super pac , Jimmy.

:P

LisaNY
08-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Singpore, the place where you get caned for chewing gum, seems an odd place for a RP supporter to move.

Please...cops have killed people in this country for much less. Just ask anti-fed :)

rp08orbust
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Irreverent. Rogers is still a US citizen, pays US taxes, votes in US elections, and donates to Ron's campaigns.

Yes, irrelevant. I've moved to Australia and am most likely never coming back.

anaconda
08-28-2011, 12:48 AM

swissaustrian is right. this is from 4 years ago.

anaconda
08-28-2011, 12:50 AM

Isn't Australia totally in bed with the U.S. operatives for the one world police state?

Eric21ND
08-28-2011, 03:18 AM
What are the women like there?

Tarzan
08-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Please write him emails:
jim@jimrogers.com
Also write his wife:
paige@paigeparker.com

I have never personally known anyone with THIS much money. But, I do know some folks we would all consider very rich. Everybody and their brother is regularly trying to get money from them... they get a bit annoyed because of the constant requests... and, it is why many of them make donation anonymously. Asking him, or his wife, to contribute a large sum to an unproven organization (RPAC) is extremely unlikely to happen. Frankly, in my experience, it is more likely to piss him off. He will do due diligence and not consider the organization worthy of a large contribution from him. Keep in mind that having one Super PAC does not preclude us from having two... or, several.

Instead of asking him for a contribution I would suggest the following:
As HIM, or his wife, to setup their own Super PAC and hire people they know to run things. He could certainly count of what help I could provide as a grassroots supporter and I suspect would find similar support and volunteer assistance from others on this forum. While his personal focus might be on the economic issues, issues that by themselves could win this election, a grassroots committee of our best professionals could assist in providing direction to help on other election willing issues as well.

This is the type of guy we need heading a Super PAC. He has the knowledge, access to other potential large contributors, and experience dealing with the amounts of money that would be needed to compete with our opponents Super PACs. Rather than asking for money... let's ask him to setup a Super PAC. Part of the pitch would be that with Ron Paul as President the American economy would have a chance for recovery and that business (such as his) would have a chance to prosper and grow. This would help all Americans as well as American business and businesses around the world because the dollar would once again be a stable and reliable currency... and, to put it bluntly... there is something in it for him personally if Ron Paul wins... a stable economy here and less volatility abroad. The personal benefit should not be over stressed... but, it is germane to the issue if anyone makes such a request.