PDA

View Full Version : NOAA’s Phony “Hurricane” Coming On Shore With 33 MPH Winds

mconder
08-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Over-hyped to get FED disaster funds?

NOAA’s Phony “Hurricane” Coming On Shore With 33 MPH Winds
Posted on August 27, 2011 by stevengoddard
NOAA claims the winds are 85 MPH, but none of the Weather Underground stations in the area report higher than 33 MPH winds. By definition, this is not a hurricane – and is just barely a tropical storm.

pcosmar
08-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Over-hyped to get FED disaster funds?

Posted on August 27, 2011 by stevengoddard

Posted where??,, located where?

It is sunny and nice here.,, likely not too bad at the outer edges of the storm.

asurfaholic
08-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Winds definitely more than 33 mph here at my place. Its a real hurricane... not a phoney. I agree though that the fear mongering is a bit over the top. Thank the fact that the govt has hugely expanded itself by way of fema and other programs since the last significant storm.

Not a severe storm, is causing problems but not major damage. Fishing piers are gone, 2 deaths in nc - one of which was a stupid driver going too fast, hit puddle, hydroplane into tree. Imo that isn't hurricane related. Its stupid related.

mtmedlin
08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I am in Florida....It didnt even hit but it is a REAL hurricane!

pcosmar
08-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Winds definitely more than 33 mph here at my place. Its a real hurricane... not a phoney. I agree though that the fear mongering is a bit over the top.

It always is. It is only a Cat 1 storm.
I have been through several in the Keys. up to Cat 3.
It will make a mess,, trim the trees and can kill anyone stupid enough to go out in it.

But over-hyped as always.

newbitech
08-27-2011, 11:33 AM
It is a huge hurricane! No way it was going to sustain the intensity over the relatively cooler waters of the eastern seaboard, and the dry air getting sucked in to it is because of the Smokey Mountains. Watch all that moisture stack up on the western side of the mountain chain and cause some serious flooding in the Mississippi Valley this fall.

asurfaholic
08-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Looking at weatherunderground there are bunches of places with winds over 33 Mph. My town registering 45 mph sustained, not finding gust info, but I am certain we are getting a 60 mph blow at least once every 2 minutes for the last hour or 2