PDA

View Full Version : How Ron should address the constant Iran nuclear bomb questions:

hazek
08-27-2011, 08:09 AM
I know this post is almost pointless as it will probably never reach Ron and if it did I doubt he would listen and learn as he never does when it comes to communicating his philosophy so this is more or less just for the record.

When Ron is asked about the following scenario: You are elected president and the first day in office the CIA comes to you and tells you that Iran has a nuclear bomb, what do you do?

How Ron should answer: There are two sides to the answer. First there is the military side of the answer where I'm the commander-in-chief of the U.S. armed forces but this does not make me a King and give me the authority to do what I want. According to the constitution I have no authority to do anything without imminent threat to our country. So what I would do is I would present this information to the people and the congress and let them decide weather this is a threat to our national security and how they want to respond. Second there is the diplomatic side of the answer where I would do as we did with the Soviets, I would try to talk to the Iranians, I would try to encourage trade with them if they wanted and I would try to do my out most to preserve peace.

It's not like Ron's current answers to these type of questions are terrible it's just that I don't like the insinuations of most reporters that the president is King and it's up to him on how to respond to such a situation.

FL John
08-30-2011, 02:55 PM
When Ron is asked about the following scenario: You are elected president and the first day in office the CIA comes to you and tells you that Iran has a nuclear bomb, what do you do?

I tell the DCI (Director of Central Intelligence) to figure out what are the likely plans that Iran has for the nuke, and tell SECDEF and SECSTATE to give me coordinated options on how to deal with those plans. Then I would notify the appropriate congressional committees. I would remind all of my advisers that some of our greatest foes in history, such as the Soviet Union and China, had many many nukes, and we dealt with the problem peacefully. It is reasonable that we can deal with a small distant country like Iran without provoking a confrontation.

(As a fellow INTJ, I LOL'ed at your signature. This forum is probably thick with them (us)!)

LineHogs
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I tell the DCI (Director of Central Intelligence) to figure out what are the likely plans that Iran has for the nuke, and tell SECDEF and SECSTATE to give me coordinated options on how to deal with those plans. Then I would notify the appropriate congressional committees. I would remind all of my advisers that some of our greatest foes in history, such as the Soviet Union and China, had many many nukes, and we dealt with the problem peacefully. It is reasonable that we can deal with a small distant country like Iran without provoking a confrontation.

(As a fellow INTJ, I LOL'ed at your signature. This forum is probably thick with them (us)!)

I think you have a lot of options other than the kneejerk as you pointed out. First obviously is details. What are their intentions, do we know where it is, ect ect ect. Then you have various stags of strategy. I don't see any conflict between liberty and imminent threat to the U.S. and her allies. Obviously we want to avoid all foreign entanglements if possiblebut that doesn't mean we have to be impotent.

Regardless it doesn't matter. Liberty is about freedom and that applies in many many ways. The true strength of freedom is just how broad and expansive it is. For example. If Iran smuggles a Nuke into Israel and it explodes thereby stirring up the hornets nest bringing all forces against our ally we can easily use Liberty as our foreign policy. I would go to my citizens and tell them the truth. Tell them it appears as though Iran has intiated an un-provoked attack........ ect ect and offer them this idea. If you want to go and fight for our ally you are free to do so and your citizenship will remain intact lol. Sounds rediculous? so what. That's liberty. You the citizen ARE America. Why not act on her behalf in any way you see fit. Allow our citizens to choose where and when they fight with the only stipulation that no matter what they will be citizens the minute their boots hit our soil. Any ugly international incidents can be dealt with from a different perspective. It sounds rediculous at first but how many militia would jump at that chance. How many GREAt stories would hit the people of this FREE army of people who chose to come and fight for our brothers. People would laugh at first but rejoice in the national pride instillied byt such an act especially if it works. Regardless choice is the key. Liberty can be used in all things. It may be unconventional but why should it be anything but. Everything is the people. Broad and expansive.

There are any number of ideas which can be used. This is mine. I would like to point out that there is NOOOOOO reason for Iran to USE a Nuclear weapon unless they are under heavy assault. Think about it. With all the Russian Nukes sold on the black market why would Iran want to develop their own bomb? For the same reason any country does. Global respect and defense.

The most important thing to remember about Liberty is that it is reactionary. Use that, understand it, and stand tall.