PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry, Ron Paul and a tea party

bobbyw24
08-27-2011, 04:50 AM
So much for that predicted epidemic of "Texan fatigue."

Gov. Rick Perry leads by double digits in the campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, according to one poll due today. But that's not the most surprising news.

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul has tripled his support in Iowa since the 2008 election and has pulled into contention nationally alongside Minnesota Republican Michele Bachmann, based on the Iowa straw poll and a new Gallup Poll.

According to Gallup, either Perry or Paul would finish in a virtual tie with President Barack Obama today on an imaginary presidential ballot, and Paul draws more Democratic and independent support than Perry or Bachmann.

Paul, a Lake Jackson obstetrician, former Libertarian candidate and favorite of some Tea Party groups, has already joked to crowds that Perry's early Texas tough talk "makes me sound like a moderate."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/08/27/121835/commentary-rick-perry-ron-paul.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=news#ixzz1WE216XKr

mosquitobite
08-27-2011, 06:10 AM
I'd love to ask all these fake, wanna-be tea partiers if they think Bush was a tea partier. If they say no, ask them to define how Perry is any different than Bush. If they say yes, then why even have a tea party, they already had the Republican party.

Whoever came up with the Taxed Enough Already acronym really did the party a disservice. It just made all the one issue (tax) voters jump on a bandwagon they had no clue what it was really about. I'm sure it was a neo-con ;)

bobbyw24
08-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I agree.

I don't know why people use this dumb label

Superfly
08-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I agree.

I don't know why people use this dumb label

The way i see it...the more the neoconservatives masquerading as tea partiers are forced to interact with true liberty patriots, the more our message will resonate and win. We must win the battle for the tea party to grow the liberty message.

bobbyw24
08-27-2011, 07:43 AM
The way i see it...the more the neoconservatives masquerading as tea partiers are forced to interact with true liberty patriots, the more our message will resonate and win. We must win the battle for the tea party to grow the liberty message.

True-there is potential

mosquitobite
08-27-2011, 07:45 AM

The problem is how many of them are simply neo-con sheep. They will vote for Perry because the media is now calling him the tea party favorite. *puke*

Peace&Freedom
08-27-2011, 07:53 AM
The Tea party shook up the establishment last year when the movement ousted incumbents of both parties in the primaries, and was an unaligned presence on the political scene. The elite and the media has tried to push it into a GOP box ever since, in order to neuter it. Perry is just the latest attempt. But if Perry fails to get the real tea party vote in the upcoming primaries, what are they going to be able to say?