PDA

View Full Version : Great Opportunity to get huge donations for Ron Paul

Monique
08-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Has anyone seen this? http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/starbucks-ceo-says-100-businesses-withhold-campaign-donations-155827913.html

100 businesses are withholding campaign donations over the high debt limit. Is anyone willing to contact them, or can we organize something here where we all contact them and ask them to donate to Ron instead? We would need to draft a letter and send it to these businesses.

This could be huge.

FriedChicken
08-27-2011, 07:27 AM
I don't think we'd get them but I don't see the harm in trying.

harikaried
08-27-2011, 08:48 AM
I wonder if we can reach out to John Mackey (co-CEO of Whole Foods) to talk to Walter Robb (other co-CEO of Whole Foods named in the article) to donate towards Ron Paul. Then potentially to the rest of the business leaders following Schultz' initiative.

PRIEST
08-27-2011, 12:05 PM
John Mackey knows me personally and I have his contact information. I wouldn't normally bug him but this is of importance. He's of the Austrian mindset and is known for being outspoken against establishment thinking and famously spoke out against Obamacare.

If I have a good letter, I will certainly send it to him.

eaglesfan48
08-27-2011, 12:09 PM
This has potential and is absolutely worth an effort

raider4paul
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Can somebody write up a standard e-mail to send with quickfacts? It needs to be short enough to read but still have enough information to get them onboard.

harikaried
08-27-2011, 12:49 PM
The focus here is money and the economy.

- Ron Paul understands why the US dollar is weakening
- Ron Paul wants to reduce the overall debt
-- voted against increasing debt ceiling
-- cancel debt to Federal reserve $1.4 trillion and lower debt ceiling
-- start reducing debt by freezing the budget to previous year's
- Ron Paul wants to remove repatriation tax on foreign income
- Ron Paul wants to keep tax payer money in the US instead of sending it overseas in wars and foreign entitlements

Esoteric
08-27-2011, 01:41 PM
The focus here is money and the economy.

- Ron Paul understands why the US dollar is weakening
- Ron Paul wants to reduce the overall debt
-- voted against increasing debt ceiling
-- cancel debt to Federal reserve $1.4 trillion and lower debt ceiling
-- start reducing debt by freezing the budget to previous year's
- Ron Paul wants to remove repatriation tax on foreign income
- Ron Paul wants to keep tax payer money in the US instead of sending it overseas in wars and foreign entitlements

None of that matters to them if they don't think Ron Paul *CAN WIN*. That's the point you need to nail home.

harikaried
08-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Sure. Then show the head-to-head results where Obama does worst against Ron Paul. Show the results where Ron Paul does best among all Republican candidates against Obama. Show that if the GOP doesn't have Ron Paul as the nominee, Obama will have another 4 years to ruin the economy even more.

Cleaner44
08-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Sure. Then show the head-to-head results where Obama does worst against Ron Paul. Show the results where Ron Paul does best among all Republican candidates against Obama. Show that if the GOP doesn't have Ron Paul as the nominee, Obama will have another 4 years to ruin the economy even more.

Associated Press-GfK poll: Ron Paul the most favorable GOP candidate
http://wp.me/p1AgMm-4G

Rasmussen Reports: Ron Paul best vs Barack Obama
http://wp.me/p1AgMm-41