PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to stage a FACT ATTACK on the media.

James R
11-04-2007, 07:30 AM
On the 5th we will be getting mostly good coverage, but some bad too. The *second* you see anything where "anarchists" are mentioned, immediately plaster the author and his/her employer with facts, as follows, (while avoiding insults because if you insult even a little bit then your message is guaranteed ignored and deleted) and do not relent until they cry uncle. Remember, the most effective method of communication will be PHONE CALLS. After that consider letters and email:

Summary:
Fact 1: "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November" originates from an English poem where the idea is that committing treason will not be tolerated.
Fact 2: November 5 is celebrated only in Britain.
Fact 3: Britain celebrates November 5 by burning Guy Fawkes in effigy, because after all he is a traitor.

Conclusion: Guy Fawkes day is not a celebration of Guy Fawkes. It is a celebration of the FOILING of his plot against government and it is celebrated by burning him in effigy.

Fact 4: Next to 100% of the donors to the November5th campaign consider "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November", means lets give Ron Paul $100 because he deserves to be our next president. They do not know or care who Guy Fawkes is, or that each Nov 5th Britain celebrates his demise.

Fact 5: Ron Paul has clearly stated hundreds of times that he supports a Republic form of government, not anarchy.

Citation of facts:
http://www.rhymes.org.uk/remember_re...h_november.htm
QUOTE from that website:
"In England the 5th of November is still commemorated each year with fireworks and bonfires culminating with the burning of effigies of Guy Fawkes."

The website states that "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November" is from a poem. It goes on to explain that the entire purpose of the poem is to remind people that committing treason will not be tolerated. So there you have it.

We should not spend all day on negative press and responding to it, or even a good part of it. I'm saying that on Nov5 and the following days it will be worth our time to do so. Five to ten minutes a day spent on fact-attacks will be a valuable use of our time.

Remember, attack with facts, not with insults. Insults will hurt them they can defend themself by ignoring you. However, facts will kill them because facts cannot be ignored. The more accurate, provable, and concise the fact is, the more it hurts. Remind them that printing incorrect and harmful facts is illegal in *every* message you send.

After you attack with facts, deliver the fatal blow with a spear of moral values through their heart as follows:
1. Joel Stein, I'm sure you must have very high self-esteem after verbally attacking the "nerds" and taking what little they had left.
2. Joel Stein, how much were you paid to belittle Ron Paul and his supports? Probably nothing... you probably just enjoy belittling people who don't have the same views as yourself. Let me know though.
3. Joel Stein, did your parents raise you to verbally insult someone by calling them "crazy" if you don't agree with everything they say. Seriously, that would be a bad way to raise a child and I hope it isn't how you will raise yours.

Do you see how that hurts so much more than:
1. Joel, you suck ass.
2. Joel, eat my big toe, loser.
3. Joel, go to hell, retard.

In summary:
1. Attack with facts.
2. Follow up with a spear constructed of moral values through their shriveled heart for the kill. Remember, their heart is shriveled and weak.

Hopefully this Fact Attack guide will serve you well!

PS
I'd advise everyone here to practice a fact-attack on the author of the Time article who said we were "crazy" 'ugly' 'crabgrass' "anarchist" "9/11 truther" 'nerds' who's "little guy" (Ron Paul) "seems confused". His name is Joel Stein and he works for Time magazine.

tfelice
11-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Nice thoughts and advice. The problem though is that the "Ron Paul is an Anarchist" story will be on page 1 and the retraction will be on page 10.

James R
11-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Nice thoughts and advice. The problem though is that the "Ron Paul is an Anarchist" story will be on page 1 and the retraction will be on page 10.

Very true, but you can bet the next time they will know better :)

paulitics
11-04-2007, 10:03 AM

true. The whole Guy Falkes thing is somewhat ambiguous. For the average Joe, they will interpret it as terrorism, or anarchism. For those well read on history, or swing libertarian, they may see him as a hero. Why do we think the world will suddenly see our limited point of view, whether right or wrong, when 52% of Americans want to Nuke a sovereign nation that is no threat to us.

NewEnd
11-04-2007, 11:29 AM
For the average Joe, they will interpret it as terrorism, or anarchism.

No, the average Joe will interperet it as, "who the hell is guy fawkes? and who cares?"

ItsTime
11-04-2007, 11:39 AM
we have a winner!

No, the average Joe will interperet it as, "who the hell is guy fawkes? and who cares?"

Lord Xar
11-04-2007, 11:48 AM
joel "stein" is nothing more than a puppet to those he wishes to curry favor with. He attacks his followers to discredit ron paul himself. "Stein" is a shill, nothing more. He believes his own hype and has already discarded his integrity a while ago.

kahless
11-04-2007, 11:51 AM
The V people need to study past campaigns. This is fairly easy without even opening a history book. Just go around and ask people how they feel about Pat Buchanan.

You will hear responses such about Hitler, Nazi's, racism, etc. However the guy ran a campaign that looked like the Rainbow coalition made up of Jews, blacks, etc. He even had Ezola Foster, an African American woman running on his ticket as VP.

It was the media and his political opponents that falsely created the perception of him being racist to destroy his message (one mind you that is very similiar to Pauls).

Paul4Prez
11-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Most Americans have no idea who Guy Fawkes was, and don't care. Many Americans watched V for Vendetta, and will assume that is the reference. They remember it as the people standing up against a totalitarian government.

A huge fundraising day on November 5th will generate a lot of publicity, and a lot of money. Let 'er rip.

me3
11-04-2007, 11:56 AM
There are more people on here paranoid about Guy Fawkes than there are people who have even heard the name before and watching MSM.

If anything, all of these paranoid threads serve to provide information and opinion on how to talk down the fund raising. People seem to forget that the forum is read by the media, and is available through Google. Everything you post, including fear, gets read by all.

kahless
11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
There is likely also allot of people that are not familiar with the latest V movie at all and may even associate it with the Sci-FI V mini-series from the early 80s. These folks will be trying to figure out the association between Ron Paul and the Lizard space aliens.

So here is my obscure V Sci-Fi mini-series quote, spoken by the very old Jewish man as he grabs the can of paint from the teenager and sprays V. "Tell all your friends, V".

jgmaynard
11-04-2007, 01:23 PM
There is likely also allot of people that are not familiar with the latest V movie at all and may even associate it with the Sci-FI V mini-series from the early 80s. These folks will be trying to figure out the association between Ron Paul and the Lizard space aliens.

Oh my... I thought I was the only person in the world that remembers that series...

Aliens... Hhhmmm... Rudy is protecting us from them, Kucinich is seeing them... How does Ron fit in? :D

JM

James R
11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
*bump*

Suzu
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM
We have no need to seek media attention. To do so would be perceived as weak. Let them come to us. They will.

James R
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
At this point I'm not worried. So far CNN has covered us, and they covered it well. The idea that the Nov5th website was run by violent anarchists is ridiculous, and CNN in fact reported that the website owner mentioned it was non-violent. So there you have it. So far, so good. Fox coverage will be bad, but I don't care and won't waste my time writing them.

The Nov5th website guys thought it was just a fun anti-government date. If they knew people would think it had anything to do with violence they wouldn't have done it.

I have no plans to seek out media attention. We don't need to do that after a record-breaking day.

kill the banks
11-05-2007, 08:08 PM
On the 5th we will be getting mostly good coverage, but some bad too. The *second* you see anything where "anarchists" are mentioned, immediately plaster the author and his/her employer with facts, as follows, (while avoiding insults because if you insult even a little bit then your message is guaranteed ignored and deleted) and do not relent until they cry uncle. Remember, the most effective method of communication will be PHONE CALLS. After that consider letters and email:

Summary:
Fact 1: "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November" originates from an English poem where the idea is that committing treason will not be tolerated.
Fact 2: November 5 is celebrated only in Britain.
Fact 3: Britain celebrates November 5 by burning Guy Fawkes in effigy, because after all he is a traitor.

Conclusion: Guy Fawkes day is not a celebration of Guy Fawkes. It is a celebration of the FOILING of his plot against government and it is celebrated by burning him in effigy.

Fact 4: Next to 100% of the donors to the November5th campaign consider "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November", means lets give Ron Paul $100 because he deserves to be our next president. They do not know or care who Guy Fawkes is, or that each Nov 5th Britain celebrates his demise.

Fact 5: Ron Paul has clearly stated hundreds of times that he supports a Republic form of government, not anarchy.

Citation of facts:
http://www.rhymes.org.uk/remember_re...h_november.htm
QUOTE from that website:
"In England the 5th of November is still commemorated each year with fireworks and bonfires culminating with the burning of effigies of Guy Fawkes."

The website states that "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November" is from a poem. It goes on to explain that the entire purpose of the poem is to remind people that committing treason will not be tolerated. So there you have it.

We should not spend all day on negative press and responding to it, or even a good part of it. I'm saying that on Nov5 and the following days it will be worth our time to do so. Five to ten minutes a day spent on fact-attacks will be a valuable use of our time.

Remember, attack with facts, not with insults. Insults will hurt them they can defend themself by ignoring you. However, facts will kill them because facts cannot be ignored. The more accurate, provable, and concise the fact is, the more it hurts. Remind them that printing incorrect and harmful facts is illegal in *every* message you send.

After you attack with facts, deliver the fatal blow with a spear of moral values through their heart as follows:
1. Joel Stein, I'm sure you must have very high self-esteem after verbally attacking the "nerds" and taking what little they had left.
2. Joel Stein, how much were you paid to belittle Ron Paul and his supports? Probably nothing... you probably just enjoy belittling people who don't have the same views as yourself. Let me know though.
3. Joel Stein, did your parents raise you to verbally insult someone by calling them "crazy" if you don't agree with everything they say. Seriously, that would be a bad way to raise a child and I hope it isn't how you will raise yours.

Do you see how that hurts so much more than:
1. Joel, you suck ass.
2. Joel, eat my big toe, loser.
3. Joel, go to hell, retard.

In summary:
1. Attack with facts.
2. Follow up with a spear constructed of moral values through their shriveled heart for the kill. Remember, their heart is shriveled and weak.

Hopefully this Fact Attack guide will serve you well!

PS
I'd advise everyone here to practice a fact-attack on the author of the Time article who said we were "crazy" 'ugly' 'crabgrass' "anarchist" "9/11 truther" 'nerds' who's "little guy" (Ron Paul) "seems confused". His name is Joel Stein and he works for Time magazine.

excellent ... attack with facts is my motto ...

kill the banks

James R
11-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately, the first of several attacks on us came:
http://www.rollingstone.com/nationalaffairs/index.php/2007/11/06/ron-pauls-42-million-haul/

My initial email reads as follows (I clumped Ron Paul into RonPaul because soon enough any email containing "Ron Paul" will be put in a designated folder. Later emails will have more variations to escape this fate:

-----------------------------------------
The following link contains incorrect information, which should be removed as soon as possible.
ww.rollingstone.com/nationalaffairs/index.php/2007/11/06/ron-pauls-42-million-haul

"the fact that this Republican fund-raising surge this is all somehow in honor of terrorist"
I explain below why and how this is a harmful lie that should be removed:

1. "Remember, Remember, the 5th of Nobember" is from a British poem. The meaning of the poem is that all traitors will be found and punished.

2. Britain is the only country that celebrates Guy Fawkes day. Guy Fawkes day is a celebration of THE FOILING OF HIS PLOT. Guy Fawkes day is celebrated by burning Guy Fawkes in effigy.

3. Guy Fawkes day is *NOT* in honor of Guy Fawkes. Guy Fawkes day is in DIShonor of Guy Fawkes. Do Rolling Stones authors don't have to check facts before they smear people with lies?

3. Let me say this again, because its clear and obvious to anyone in Britain where Guy Fawkes day is celebrated: November 5th is a day Guy Fawkes is DIShonored. See the "DIS" there, Rolling Stones author?

4. Guy Fawkes day DIShonors Guy Fawkes.

5. Guy Fawkes day (Nov 5th) DISHONORS Guy Fawkes.

So I've repeated myself five times, but the author of this article should, as a punishment, be required to write it 1,000 times on a chalk board.

Change the word "honor" in your sentence to "dishonor". And in the future educate yourself before you go around saying things like the Republican party honors a terrorist.

Should I write to the Ron Paul campaign and suggest they use a few thousand of their new found millions to sue your asses for saying Republicans honor a terrorist when Guy Fawkes day explicitly DIShonors a terrorist?

You guys should be honest like RonPaul instead of DIShonest like yourselves.

------------------------------------------

Keep in mind the above letter can be vastly improved. Each day they don't respond I'll come up with a new and improved version until I do get a response.

Of all the places to expect an attack from, Rolling Stones you would think would be the last place. I guess Rolling Stones has turned into a lame place to work and another cog in the MSM machine of stupidity. But, maybe they just have one stodgy old fool on their payroll, who knows.

Nefertiti
11-06-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm more worried than anything else that they will paint this fundraising as a campaign effort rather than a grassroots effort, and that is the fact we need to correct when it comes up. I've never understood why everyone is so paranoid about this V thing and I still don't get it.

Nefertiti
11-06-2007, 05:25 AM

Now that you mention it, that is why this whole V thing sounded vaguely familiar to me. The new movie I had never heard of but I did have some vague notion about space aliens and V.

James R
11-06-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm more worried than anything else that they will paint this fundraising as a campaign effort rather than a grassroots effort, and that is the fact we need to correct when it comes up. I've never understood why everyone is so paranoid about this V thing and I still don't get it.

The AP actually did try to peg this on Ron Paul, and here is what I wrote to them:

Dear Associated Press Staff,

Your company has released a harmful and false statement rearding the presidential candidate Ron Paul. In addition, your company has released a harmful and false statement and implication about the organizers of the http://www.thisNovember5th.com website.

We are confident that you'll immediately retract and correct the false remarks associated with Ron Paul and the http://www.thisNovember5th.com website for the reason that publishing harmful false statements is illegal and unethical. The false statements are published under the article "Paul Raises More Than $3.5M in One Day" By Jim Kuhnhenn.

First false statement. In regard to Ron Paul:
"Paul, the Texas congressman... entered heady fundraising territory... tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day."
Correction: In fact Ron Paul was in not connected in any way to the www.thisNovember5th.com fundraising drive, in which approximately $4 million was raised. The grassroot effort http://www.thisNovember5th.com is fully and solely responsible for the fundraising drive.

Second false statement, In regard to the thisNovember5th.com website:
"a surge of Web-based giving tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day."
Correction: In fact the web-based giving (thisNovember5th.com) was tied to the commemoration of a fictional character in the movie "V for Vendetta".

Damaging false implication:
"commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day"
Correction: Guy Fawkes Day is a day in which Guy Fawkes is dishonored. Britain is the sole country to celebrate Guy Fawkes day on November 5th. The celebration is a dishonor of Guy Fawkes, where he is burned in effigy in various locations across the country. Furthermore, the catch phrase "Remember, Remember the 5th of November" originates from a British poem which emphasizes that those who commit treason are to be dishonored.

Proof of damage:
Citing your article, RollingStone.com cited your article in saying "this [fundraising drive] is all somehow in honor of terrorist". Your statement leads most, including authors of Rolling Stone, to believe that the fundraising effort was in honor of a terrorist.

I therefore ask that you immedately retract the two false statements, publish corrections immediately, and clarify the false implication which has resulted in undue damage to the Ron Paul campaign and the ThisNovember5th.com fundraising drive.

Sincerely,
My Name

I plan to call them as soon as I can but most the damage will be done by then.

Phenom24
11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Guess we had better email Morning Joe then, because their whole piece was basically saying we raised money in honor of a terrorist..

Ridiculous
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Guess we had better email Morning Joe then, because their whole piece was basically saying we raised money in honor of a terrorist..

I knew this shit was going to happen.

The video's on youtube that associate the drive with the 5th quote Guy Fawkes like he's some kind of hero. On the Situation Room piece they showed a frame of a guy fawkes quote from you tube promoting the drive.