PDA

View Full Version : Would you make a deal.

Bman
08-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Lets say it was becoming evident that Ron was not going to win the primary. Of course something no one wants to think of, but I always find it healthy to have a plan B. Would you vote for another GOP candidate if they would ask Rand to be VP and Ron to be treasurer?

I'll make it more interesting and let you vote on who such a deal would be most appealing. Of course I'll include a no f-in way option.

BTW you can vote for more than one.

RM918
08-27-2011, 03:41 AM
All 5 of those people are virtually indistinguishable from one another. There is not a single major policy decision one would meaningfully handle differently than the other.

War? More of it. Debt? We'll spend a tad less than we planned on, which is still more than it is now! Nothing would change, except the Reds would totally forget all of the supposed beliefs they discovered since Jan. 21st 2009 and begin reflexively defending everything the new guy does, while the Blues would suddenly start making sense again.

Voting for one of them would be exactly the same as giving up, even with Rand or Ron at some spot in their administration. You can bet they'll be put somewhere where they'll have no real power.

Bman
08-27-2011, 03:52 AM
I'm trying to look at from the point that if Ron doesn't get the nomination our only tactic is for him to threaten a third part run unless there are some serious deals. Making Rand VP would be a big one, especially in light of the fact that they'll (the establishment) will be pushing real hard for Rubio and I'd like to see that nipped in the butt as soon as possible.

If Ron backs some one he pretty much gives them the key to the city. If he doesn't the Republican still has a good chance of winning unless Ron runs 3rd party. I'd like his VP to be one of our guys.

I'm looking at this from a Training Day perspective. i.e. This is chess not checkers.

Akus
08-27-2011, 03:55 AM
I picked no f-ing way. I am Libertarian and RP is the only reason I give a F.

Oddone
08-27-2011, 03:59 AM
If it wasn't for Ron Paul I wouldn't be voting. So no thanks to all of them. Now if Rand Paul decides to run for president in the next elections and Ron Paul doesn't I'd vote for him, but not as Vice president for any of these people.

Imaginos
08-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Over my dead body.

Raudsarw
08-27-2011, 04:40 AM
No compromise with evil.

braane
08-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Everyone on that list is establishment and they all want more wars, more spending, and more government. No way am I voting for anyone on that list.

Ronpauljones
08-27-2011, 05:11 AM
It's Ron or nothing.

Ron Paul presidency 2013-2021
Rand Paul presidency 2021-2029
2029+ hopefully we have another Paul by then...

osan
08-27-2011, 06:15 AM
No compromise with evil.

DING DING DING DING DING... RIGHT ANSWER!

Compromise is what has gotten us into the septic tank in the first place and it is what will keep us there.

Better to lose with honor than win as the scum you claim to despise.

Revolution9
08-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Romney is getting votes from forum members?? Who??

Rev9

No Free Beer
08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
If I could not write in Dr. Paul, I will vote for Obama...to ruin the GOP even more.

pcosmar
08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
People still want to sell me shit.

It does not matter how pretty you paint a turd. It is still a piece of shit.

S.Shorland
08-27-2011, 07:35 AM

S.Shorland
08-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Poll percentages don't add up. 'No f-in way ' should be 66% not 85%.

mosquitobite
08-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Romney is getting votes from forum members?? Who??

Rev9

yeah, OP should have made it an open poll. LOL!

WilliamC
08-27-2011, 07:45 AM
If Ron Paul and Sarah Palin could work something out I would support it.

I haven't seen anything out of Palin which caused me to actively dislike her, and I don't think she is totally under the control of the establishment either.

Besides, there was talk here back in 2007 about a Paul/Palin ticket before McCain tapped her for VP.

Err, might be some bad imagry in the above sentence... sorry.

bluesc
08-27-2011, 07:52 AM
If Ron Paul and Sarah Palin could work something out I would support it.

I haven't seen anything out of Palin which caused me to actively dislike her, and I don't think she is totally under the control of the establishment either.

Besides, there was talk here back in 2007 about a Paul/Palin ticket before McCain tapped her for VP.

Err, might be some bad imagry in the above sentence... sorry.

Palin would only be useful for the Republican nomination, and he can't announce before he has the nomination in the bag anyway. She would scare off too many independents and dems in the general.

Think back to 2008.. "Palin would be a heartbeat away from having control of the nukes", ect.

I want DeMint as VP.

Jingles
08-27-2011, 07:52 AM
If I could not write in Dr. Paul, I will vote for Obama...to ruin the GOP even more.

Have some dignity man and at least vote for the LP or CP candidate if that is the case.

johnald
08-27-2011, 08:17 AM
If RP doesn't get the GOP nomination, I will vote for obummer. The GOP gets what it deserves if it doesn't support Ron Paul and so does the country.

WilliamC
08-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I'll vote either Constitution or Libertarian but not for Obama.

There are other choices, even if they don't work.

What's the point of voting for the establishement?

Evilfox
08-27-2011, 08:29 AM
If he were to be a VP or any other position it would be a cave on principal imo. He firmly stated last go around he would not support any of the other candidates and I believe he feels the same this time, that's why he is running, he is the only one with the message he wants in that office.

johnald
08-27-2011, 08:33 AM
I'll vote either Constitution or Libertarian but not for Obama.

There are other choices, even if they don't work.

What's the point of voting for the establishement?

The sooner Obumer breaks this country completely the sooner WE can rebuild it.

Occam's Banana
08-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Voted "No F-in Way!!!" To paraphrase Ayn Rand, "In any compromise between food and poison, only death can win."

That's because it's a multiple choice poll (more than one option can be selected).

Anti Federalist
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Like Pete said, you can polish a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

Ron Paul 2012, no matter what.

I just hope there is more spine shown around here than last time, when more than couple of RPF members crimped and folded at the last minute and voted McCain.

boneyard bill
08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
There are two types of candidates in this race: deal-makers and Ron Paul.

xRedfoxx
08-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Do you go into a football game with a plan B....???

Here is how the coach's pump up speach goes...

ok fellas!! We're gonna fight hard, but if we lose...here is how I want it to go down......

Come on RP supporters!! I want to hear how we're going to triple out support to get this man elected for sure!!

KingRobbStark
08-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Compromising principals is as good as getting rid of them all together.

Bman
08-27-2011, 05:11 PM

They add up. You can select more than one option. All selections are against 100%.

I will say I'm bit surprised that over 80% would go with no fin way. I figured it would be #1 but that's amazing.

devil21
08-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Crap poll. VERY few Paul supporters would consider voting for anyone else so the results should have been self evident. Secondly, Paul wouldn't accept a cabinet position anyway.

HeyArchie
08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Gary Johnson.

orenbus
08-27-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbcLYmvU7E

MJU1983
08-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I didn't see any other real conservatives, or constitutionalists, or anyone who doesn't waffle, waver, or flip-flop. So of course I had to vote "No F-in Way!!!". :)

Esoteric
08-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I think that Newt has a very high opinion of Ron, so he got my vote.

NJames
08-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Newt is the only other GOP I might vote for in the general election. I came to really be disgusted with myself for voting for John f'in McCain and I'm not doing that again.

Teaser Rate
08-28-2011, 07:48 AM
I would vote for almost any Republican candidate if they selected Rand as VP. I'll probably end up supporting the Republican nominee even if Rand isn't on the ticket.

There are good reasons to vote your conscience during the Primaries, but once the general election comes along, things are narrowed down to two choices; a vote for the Republican nominee and a vote for Obama. Voting for a third party which doesn't have a chance to win or writing in Ron Paul's name is a vote for Obama.

If you believe that Obama is a better choice than Romney or Perry, then I respect that and by all means vote for the Libertarian or Constitution Party nominee. But if you're like me and believe that 4 years of hope and change were enough, then you have to vote Republican in the general.