PDA

View Full Version : Gibson guitar plant raided by feds, CEO responds

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-26-2011, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-taqM5Sk0&feature=player_embedded

CaptainAmerica
08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Unbelievable,really. I have a rosewood Yamaha acoustic guitar with spruce top, and rosewood fretboard.I have a Gisbon 1979 which has a mahogany body and an ebony fretboard. Certain woods are used to produce unique timber and tone from a guitar.

anaconda
08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
This strikes a bad chord with me.

Son of Detroit
08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Looks like the CEO is trying to pick a fight. I wouldn't fret though if I were him.

CaptainAmerica
08-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Looks like the CEO is trying to pick a fight. I wouldn't fret though if I were him. He better pick a fight.

anaconda
08-26-2011, 11:33 PM
The Feds need to be acccountable for these transgressions. I'm sick of this shit.

anaconda
08-26-2011, 11:34 PM
This is so unnecessary. I hate my country.

CaptainAmerica
08-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Who are the real terrorists?

purplechoe
08-27-2011, 01:11 AM
http://thehelplessdancer.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/this-guitar-has-seconds-to-live.gif

DamianTV
08-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Cops and Feds will continue to do this until we hold them accountable for their actions, by any means necessary.

Working Poor
08-27-2011, 05:56 AM
I bet Gibson will get involved with rock the revolution

alsis8xmy
08-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Gibson USA soon to be Gibson China

Revolution9
08-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Gibson USA soon to be Gibson China

And unimportable and if you do get one it gets confiscated at customs. Ouch!

Rev9

crhoades
08-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Les Paul needs more Ron Paul.

CaseyJones
08-27-2011, 07:18 AM
could we use this to get some musicians?

Revolution9
08-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Whoa! They are saying that if I transport my ebony fretboard and rosewood sided guitar across state lines I am violating the Lacey (sp?) Act!

Rev9

CaseyJones
08-27-2011, 07:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPnel7P8jek

NSFW :p

HOLLYWOOD
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Henry J. and Dave Berryman forgot their Political Campaign donations to the ruling elite... this issue has communicated(forcefully) and their won't be anymore lapses in Gibson campaign donations.

Travlyr
08-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Cops and Feds will continue to do this until we hold them accountable for their actions, by any means necessary.

Someday... Common Law Grand Jury (http://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/grandjuryrules.htm)

25 people need to get together and claim authority.

Working Poor
08-27-2011, 09:48 AM
anything to stifle creativity and and recreation

Oh yea and jobs

Napoleon's Shadow
08-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Join the Facebook page "I Support Gibson":

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-support-Gibson-guitars/167358893338633?sk=wall#

Lifesoup
08-27-2011, 10:45 AM
WOW. I had to watch the vid twice.
Crushing.
Here are a couple observations:
The language the CEO of Gibson uses to describe this attack is very stark and honest. He almost sounds like he is using the language and arguments of a full-on libertarian.
At one point, he is asked if there has been any outreach of solidarity from others in the industry. His reply is something like: I haven’t asked for it. There is really not much they could do any way; and I can understand why they don't want to raise their hand on this issue......they could get shot at!! These statements point directly to the FACTS that the American people have NO SWAY over their gov any more AND the irrational and arbitrary premise of coercion thru the threat of physical violence is now the only premise that can be pointed to.
He talks about the divisiveness that has become society's dominant landscape. He talks about the reality of political protectionism sailing under the guise of environmental concern. The only problem I see in his position is that he still feels that with the right and "rational people" at the helm of these monstrous bureaucracies everything would be righted??? This poor guy is embarking into the realm of the "red pill" thru outside forces that have become completely inescapable.......

Crushing. THIS IS A DEMONSTRATION OF A FULL ON POLICE STATE.

Jandrsn21
08-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Definitely sounds like a Ron Paul supporter!

There is one thing I can agree with Michelle Bachmann on, she coined the term, to my knowledge, of gangster government! In order to do business you need to know a congressmen or have some sort of political connection just to do business in this country properly!

Lifesoup
08-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Definitely sounds like a Ron Paul supporter!

There is one thing I can agree with Michelle Bachmann on, she coined the term, to my knowledge, of gangster government! In order to do business you need to know a congressmen or have some sort of political connection just to do business in this country properly!

......What were once tales from behind the Iron Curtain, are now a persistent homeland reality......

heavenlyboy34
08-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Henry J. and Dave Berryman forgot their Political Campaign donations to the ruling elite... this issue has communicated(forcefully) and their won't be anymore lapses in Gibson campaign donations.
qft.

heavenlyboy34
08-27-2011, 01:20 PM
could we use this to get some musicians?
I posted the vid on my musicians and artists for Ron Paul FB page, FWIW.

heavenlyboy34
08-27-2011, 01:23 PM
@ about 24 minutes he says the lacy act was pushed by the timber industry. Corporatocracy at its worst.

Dr.3D
08-27-2011, 01:26 PM
So where in the constitution does it authorize the Federal government to even pass this Lacy Act?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I know a lot of musicians from many genres use Gibson instruments so if any of you guys like or follow facebook, twitter, myspace, etc pages of musicians that are known for using Gibson's than it would be a good idea to post this link on their pages with maybe a friendly message about Ron Paul. I am also going to send this to PRS guitars which has their assembly plant a few miles away. I will also be sending an e-mail to Gibson to let them know that many people are supporting them and asking the CEO to look into Ron Paul if he has not done so already.

roho76
08-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Ron Paul needs to jump on this and make a statement ASAP.

specsaregood
08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Ron Paul needs to jump on this and make a statement ASAP.

Yeah, wouldn't hurt for him to talk to the CEO, then make a statement.
I just got this bit from another music forum:

Gibson’s prior Madagascar ebony and rosewood issue of the November, 2009 raid is one thing, but this new problem (August 24, 2011 raids on 4 locations) with Indian rosewood and ebony fingerboard blanks is another. It seems that India has regulations banning wood exports of anything over 6mm thickness unless it’s been worked beyond simply “sawn wood” inside their country. But it’s not possible to have India process fingerboard blanks any further into a slotted, shaped, inlaid and bound form, and the Indian Ministry of Trade is O.K. with that since the fingerboards aren’t raw lumber and actually have been worked on as far as reasonable. But the U.S. government is insisting that not going all the way makes the blanks “sawn wood” and thus illegal to export according to Indian law even though Indian authorities are fine with fingerboard blanks! Additionally, there’s been some understandable confusion with appropriate tariff code numbers; and also with having the boards drop-shipped from India to a broker and then a storage facility while being invoiced by LMII, especially since Gibson and not LMII are taking ultimate delivery. It’s bureaucratic harassment and abusive enforcement by agencies with almost total power and less than total understanding of their own regs.

LMII has done everything possible to establish conformance with the law and provide all documents, paper trails, chain of custody evidence, etc. But now they’re justifiably worried that big white trucks and heavily armed agents will show up unannounced at their address, a scenario they might not be able to survive. Even though the U.S. instrument industry accounts for but 1% of wood use here, they seem to be getting disproportionately targeted no matter how much such harassment might endanger the industry’s survival or how many jobs could be lost.

If these charges hold up, then virtually all Indian ebony and rosewood fingerboard blanks used in the entire industry are illegal, and everyone’s wood inventories and instruments would be liable to seizure and harsh penalties. In fact, the same would apply to all guitar woods over 6mm thick originating in India. So, I’d imagine that all the big dogs are watching this very closely – as goes Gibson, so goes the whole industry. The U.S. government is quickly making it increasingly difficult for small as well as large businesses to survive rampant over-regulation.

(Private message me your email address and will send attachments of the full search warrant affidavit and Gibson’s official press release response.)

What can we do to revise badly written and unworkable regulations, and stop increasingly abusive enforcement? Let upcoming electoral candidates know there’s a very serious problem that’s quickly endangering a lot of domestic businesses and killing formerly healthy small international sales, as well as negatively impacting all musicians who travel out of the country. If this could become a campaign issue which highlights some of the deeply flawed and over-regulated current federal policies and could gain public support, it’s possible to change things.

Much of the problem has nothing at all to do with material from protected plant and animal species, but more to do with bureaucratic and regulatory demands involving non-listed species and costs that are impossibly complicated and unnecessary. In the case of genuine vintage and antique instruments (and many other non-instrument products) current enforcement practices are really nothing more than permission for federal agencies to vandalize and destroy priceless and irreplaceable objects, harass legitimate businesses, musicians, and collectors, and block many traditional exchanges between cultures.

To address a few points which seem to be causing confusion:

1) The issue isn’t at all about “sawed Indian ebony logs with paperwork identified as finger boards”. It’s about fingerboard blanks, and whether or not they can be considered a product involving enough native labor to satisfy the export laws of India. It’s also about a wrong (but closely related) tariff code being entered on only SOME of the paperwork.

2) What’s an acceptable product? As the agent himself pointed out in Gibson’s search warrant affidavit, there’s a distinction between a “fingerboard” (an unfretted wood blank of rough size) and a “fretboard” (which is slotted and contains fret wire). If so, then those are two different products, and as such it’s possible to have a fingerboard blank as distinguished from simply “sawn wood” – adding slots, wires, inlays, shaping and binding would make that blank into a related but different product. In the same way, we offer flat shell blanks, veneers, Abalam® sheets, and strips made to specifications according to what their intended use is: as materials which may or may not be remanufactured/incorporated into other types of finished products such as inlays, guitars, jewelry, furniture, fishing lures, and so on. Similarly, plywood is imported as a product unto itself without it needing to be in another and more final form such as furniture, boxes, or whatever.

To insist, as the U.S. agencies seem to be doing, that materials from India must be in their ultimate retail form is insane, especially in light of the Indian government not interpreting their own regs that way or insisting on such nonsense.

3) Compelling U.S. citizens to obey foreign laws also isn’t the issue. The Lacey Act assumes that other entities (both foreign and domestic) know best how to manage their respective plant and animal resources, and it attempts to honor those regulations whether they be tribal, regional, state, federal, or foreign. Gibson’s ebony from India is being challenged on the basis of how our agencies interpret the laws of India, regardless of how India herself interprets them.

4) In applying for and accepting most federal permits (such as the USFWS Import/Export Permit), the document specifically states that by signing you have agreed to have authorities examine at any time they wish your premises, paperwork, and inventory. So it’s not an issue of unreasonable search and seizure.

What's confusing is that in the search warrant affidavit Agent Rayfield goes to some length in distinguishing an unslotted "fretboard" from a slotted and fretted "fingerboard" (Para. 13) as found on a finished instrument, and later (para. 22) distinguishes HS 9209.92.00 as "finished parts of musical instruments".

He also mentions (Para. 13) that "importers and exporters have sometimes referred to the sawn pieces of wood intended to be manufactured into fretboards as 'fingerboards' or 'fingerboard blanks'". But he contends that even though these may be informally referred to as "fingerboards" they're actually no more than "sawn wood" and being over 6mm in thickness are "sawn logs" (Para. 19 and 25) and thus a prohibited HS 4407 item (Para. 12).

So at issue is whether or not "fingerboards" exceeding 6mm are "finished parts for musical instruments" as would be allowed under HS 9209.92.00. If not, the argument is that they're "sawn logs" and illegal.

Silly Gibson, trying to manufacture something in the US; what were you thinking!

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 02:32 PM
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Rose wood has been used for centuries in guitar making.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
First then came for the gun owners...

Then they came for the commercial fishermen...

Then they came for the truckers...

Then they came for the ranchers...

Then they came for the Amish...

Then they came for the homeschoolers...

Then they came for the medical marijuana growers...

Then they came for the unprocessed milk producers...

Then they came for the organic farmers...

Then they came for the land owners...

Then they came for the guitar makers...

Then they came for me...

If you are anything but a fully compliant and docile serf, dutifully tending your cube and servicing your mountain of debt, if you are in any way independent of the system, you are a target.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 03:13 PM
4) In applying for and accepting most federal permits (such as the USFWS Import/Export Permit), the document specifically states that by signing you have agreed to have authorities examine at any time they wish your premises, paperwork, and inventory. So it’s not an issue of unreasonable search and seizure.

Silence, Mundane, you have no rights!

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
First then came for the gun owners...

Then they came for the commercial fishermen...

Then they came for the truckers...

Then they came for the Amish...

Then they came for the homeschoolers...

Then they came for the medical marijuana growers...

Then they came for the unprocessed milk producers...

Then they came for the land owners...

Then they came for the guitar makers...

Then they came for me... were you ready?

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
http://thehelplessdancer.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/this-guitar-has-seconds-to-live.gif

Pete Townsend.

Separated at birth?

http://musicmazaa.com/images/joke/funnyimages/hit-any-key-to-contiue.jpg

Anti Federalist
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
were you ready?

As ready as I'll ever be.

CaptainAmerica
08-29-2011, 06:30 PM
As ready as I'll ever be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxr56SQqujE

gls
08-29-2011, 06:40 PM
http://landmarkreport.com/andrew/2011/08/ceo-of-gibson-guitar-a-republican-donor/

Very few MSM articles about this incident. Big surprise.

HOLLYWOOD
08-30-2011, 11:04 AM
So, everyone that has purchase Gibson guitars with the so-called BANNED Indian woods, which Gibson has used for the past 17 years are commiting felonies. If you sell your Gibson guitars that contain any of the woods mentioned in their raids, you violate the Lacy Act. Funny how Fender and PRS use the exact same woods from the exact same distributors... yet no raids on their compaines... Oh, lookie, Fender and PRS donated to Democrats and Obama and Gibson donated to Republicans.

Here's the Latest followup to the Federal crime: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/08/30/gibson_guitar_ceo_feds_are_out_to_get_us

Gibson Guitar CEO: Feds Are Out to Get Us
http://media.townhall.com/townhall/townhallvideothumbs/s137x98/screen-shot-2011-08-30-at-9.29.47-am.png

8/30/2011 | Email Katie Pavlich (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/08/30/gibson_guitar_ceo_feds_are_out_to_get_us#)

Yesterday (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/08/29/priorities_doj_raids_guitar_company_for_illegal_wo od) I brought you the story of the federal raid on Gibson Guitar Company. Last night, Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz called into NRANews Radio's Cam and Company and spoke with host Cam Edwards about how his company is being unfairly targeted. Cam brings up the possibility that this may be a political witch hunt based on political donations made to republicans rather than democrats by the company.
"I believe that these guys are out to get us."
Juszkiewicz says that 20 heavily armed officers from the Fish and Wildlife Service and Homeland Security stormed his factories.
Since when do we heavily arm officers from the Fish and Wildlife Service? Juszkiewicz also explains how Gibson guitar owners must fill out multiple forms of paperwork to prove the material used to build the guitar is legal. Yes, the federal government is now worried about unregistered guitars floating around in the market place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9K8IDGUTrQk

oyarde
08-30-2011, 11:10 AM
@ about 24 minutes he says the lacy act was pushed by the timber industry. Corporatocracy at its worst. That is correct . Who owns all the US timber ?

oyarde
08-30-2011, 11:14 AM
So where in the constitution does it authorize the Federal government to even pass this Lacy Act? It does not . Good call .

brushfire
08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
It was hard to listen to him speak... not just due to the event, but it was just hard to listen to.

The day we lost count of the laws was the day that we all became criminals... Its truly sad to see this.

Just another reason to vote for Ron Paul.

HOLLYWOOD
08-30-2011, 11:29 AM
I wonder if Huckabee will capitalize on this?

You know he's drowling at the mouth for a 1 hour show on this RAID.

There are guitar builders in the US that are using rare banned woods from Brazil and Madagascar... don't see any RAIDS at those sites. Pure Political Chicago Thugery

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
This is an outrage! Did anyone get the gist of this? The US Federal Government is spending enforcement dollars to enforce Indian protectionist laws! Our government is protecting Indian jobs and destroying US jobs! Where are all of the people that scream bloody murder on every thread about tariffs (and call it protectionism)? It's OK if our Federal Government enforces job protectionism for other countries?

This isn't even about a small excise tax. This is about complete stoppage of trade.

I am also going to send this to PRS guitars which has their assembly plant a few miles away.

There's always the possibility that another manufacturer like PRS put the Feds unto Gibson in the first place.

specsaregood
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
This is an outrage! Did anyone get the gist of this? The US Federal Government is spending enforcement dollars to enforce Indian protectionist laws! Our government is protecting Indian jobs and destroying US jobs! Where are all of the people that scream bloody murder on every thread about tariffs (and call it protectionism)? It's OK if our Federal Government enforces job protectionism for other countries?
This isn't even about a small excise tax. This is about complete stoppage of trade.

It is actually worse than that. The Indian government is ok with what Gibson was doing. Since the wood is worked on locally, it just isn't "finished" completely it meets up with their intention for the law. This is the us enforcing an indian law; where the indian govt is saying the law is not being broken.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2011, 11:53 AM
It is actually worse than that. The Indian government is ok with what Gibson was doing. Since the wood is worked on locally, it just isn't "finished" completely it meets up with their intention for the law. This is the us enforcing an indian law; where the indian govt is saying the law is not being broken.

Great, our government going out of it's way to enforce foreign laws without even a request from the foreign government.

My understanding is that the intent of the Indian law is to ensure that all the work up until a "finished" product is produced is done in India. The wiggle room would be exporting a "finished" fingerboard, which is not a completed guitar. Indian law and bureaucracy is even more convoluted and corrupt than US law. No doubt you can get any interpretation you want over there under the right circumstances.

specsaregood
08-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Great, our government going out of it's way to enforce foreign laws without even a request from the foreign government.

My understanding is that the intent of the Indian law is to ensure that all the work up until a "finished" product is produced is done in India. The wiggle room would be exporting a "finished" fingerboard, which is not a completed guitar. Indian law and bureaucracy is even more convoluted and corrupt than US law. No doubt you can get any interpretation you want over there under the right circumstances.

exactly. and my understanding is the indian govt is fine with the fingerboard being the "finished" product. it is the us govt interpretting it as the "finished" product being the guitar/whatever.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2011, 12:02 PM
More on this outrageous story:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/8780-feds-raid-gibson-guitar-to-save-endangered-foreign-trees

Gibson hasn’t actually been notified of any charges against the company. In fact, according to a Gibson press release, they still haven’t been told on what charges “more than a dozen agents with automatic weapons” raided their factory and stole their property in November 2009. They’re being forced to sue in federal court to get their property back, and even there the government is stalling, having requested an indefinite stay of the case.
This year’s raid seems to be about wood from India. The Justice Department “has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India,” Gibson explains. “This action,” the company hastens to point out, “was taken without the support and consent of the government in India.”

In other words, if the U.S. government thinks a U.S. company has violated a foreign law in the course of importing wood products, it then charges (or at least raids) that company under the Lacey Act, confiscating the company’s property and fighting tooth and nail to retain it. This happens whether or not the United States’ interpretation of the law agrees with the foreign country’s interpretation of it and whether or not the foreign country has made a formal request to the U.S. government to charge the company with a violation of its law.

Gibson, for its part, seems to have gone out of its way to comply with the Lacey Act, making sure that its wood complies with Forest Stewardship Council standards, which include ensuring that wood is harvested legally. In addition, the company has kowtowed to environmentalist heavyweights such as the Rainforest Alliance and Greenpeace. One would think this would gain the company some favor in Barack Obama’s Justice Department, but apparently not.

specsaregood
08-30-2011, 12:05 PM
More on this outrageous story:

For those who thought they were in the minority not breaking ANY laws in the us and thus not a criminal. Watch out! Now you have to worry about foreign laws being policed in the US as well.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2011, 12:06 PM
This is the US Federal government enforcing foreign (or international) law, stealing property and shutting down a business without due process, no charges, no trial, no appeal, no nothing.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
For those who thought they were in the minority not breaking ANY laws in the us and thus not a criminal. Watch out! Now you have to worry about foreign laws being policed in the US as well.

Yeah, you heard the part where anyone who buys or resells those guitars, including individuals, is criminally liable, ignorance of the law is no excuse, and there is no due process.

HOLLYWOOD
08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
WOW. I had to watch the vid twice.
Crushing.
Here are a couple observations:
The language the CEO of Gibson uses to describe this attack is very stark and honest. He almost sounds like he is using the language and arguments of a full-on libertarian.
At one point, he is asked if there has been any outreach of solidarity from others in the industry. His reply is something like: I haven’t asked for it. There is really not much they could do any way; and I can understand why they don't want to raise their hand on this issue......they could get shot at!! These statements point directly to the FACTS that the American people have NO SWAY over their gov any more AND the irrational and arbitrary premise of coercion thru the threat of physical violence is now the only premise that can be pointed to.
He talks about the divisiveness that has become society's dominant landscape. He talks about the reality of political protectionism sailing under the guise of environmental concern. The only problem I see in his position is that he still feels that with the right and "rational people" at the helm of these monstrous bureaucracies everything would be righted??? This poor guy is embarking into the realm of the "red pill" thru outside forces that have become completely inescapable.......

Crushing. THIS IS A DEMONSTRATION OF A FULL ON POLICE STATE.Gibson has a ton of new video cameras since they moved into their new factories... I'm sure the FEDS also confiscated those video records. Always good to has some NAS servers mirrored sync'd in remote locations for your own protection against the state tyranny.

Looks like Gibson guitar factories fall under 2 Democratic districts, imagine that :rolleyes:

NASHVILLE 6th Congressional District of Tennessee: Democrat Representative Jim Cooper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Cooper
MEMPHIS 9th Congressional District of Tennessee: Democrat Representative Steve Cohen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cohen

Steve Cohen(D-TN) is the clown that killed Jesse Ventura's RealTV CONSPIRACY THEORY show

I think this could be a huge Grassroots uprising, to roust on these 2 liberal clowns from the Gibson districts.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
soon this will be the only "rock" you can listen too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQUlr4Xc3s

freedomsoundmoney
08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
i'd really like to hear ron comment on this. it would be great if a question regarding this could get included in upcoming presidential debate. i would assume as president ron would do all in his power to stop such things from occurring.

as a guitarist for over 15 years i'm no stranger to gibson guitars. i don't own any giibson guitars currently (they are quite expensive) but own a few epiphones which i modified a bit(which are owned by gibson). hopefully gibson's suit against the govt to get their property back is successful.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Wonder what they would think of "authority" after an O-Dark-Thirty SWAT raid, confiscating all their guitars?

Maybe shooting the family dog for good measure as well.

soon this will be the only "rock" you can listen too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQUlr4Xc3s

Slutter McGee
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Oh give me a fucking break. It has nothing to do with campaign contributions and everything to do with the Federal Government being overbearing and destructive of our liberties. so qfbs.

That means quoted for bullshit.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

low preference guy
08-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Oh give me a fucking break. It has nothing to do with campaign contributions and everything to do with the Federal Government being overbearing and destructive of our liberties. so qfbs.

That means quoted for bullshit.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I'm not sure it's bullshit...

Gibson Guitar CEO Henry Juszkiewicz is a Republican donor. [...] It also turns out that Chris Martin IV, the CEO of Gibson competitor, C.F. Martin and Company, is a long-time donor to Democrats. C.F. Martin uses the same “questionable” Indian rosewood in its guitars, but has the federal government raided a C.F. Martin factory? Didn’t think so. Juszkiewicz said yesterday he feels like this is a personal attack.

Link (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/30/another-interesting-tidbit-in-the-gibson-guitar-saga/)

Anti Federalist
08-30-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure it's bullshit...

Link (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/30/another-interesting-tidbit-in-the-gibson-guitar-saga/)

Government has a long history of being both overbearing and corrupt.

I'm not at all prepared to think it's bullshit either.

heavenlyboy34
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Wonder what they would think of "authority" after an O-Dark-Thirty SWAT raid, confiscating all their guitars?

Maybe shooting the family dog for good measure as well.
I was thinking that song was very tongue-in-cheek at first, but nowadays, I just don't know. :(

Danke
08-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Hour two of Alex Jones today. Has Gibson CEO interview.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Hour two of Alex Jones today. Has Gibson CEO interview.

Awesome, just loaded the mp3 on my player for the flight home.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I was thinking that song was very tongue-in-cheek at first, but nowadays, I just don't know. :(

No, I think they were quite serious.

freedomsoundmoney
09-22-2011, 11:06 PM
ted nugent's thoughts on the matter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miDswgS21qs

freedomsoundmoney
10-13-2011, 08:22 PM
another interview with ceo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Lg7OXY_vQ

AFPVet
10-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Unbelievable,really. I have a rosewood Yamaha acoustic guitar with spruce top, and rosewood fretboard.I have a Gisbon 1979 which has a mahogany body and an ebony fretboard. Certain woods are used to produce unique timber and tone from a guitar.

Yes... wood is vital to the sound. Different types of wood have different resonance. This is why the best sounding drums are made from Birch and Maple

freedomsoundmoney
10-22-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0znHGl1998