PDA

View Full Version : When you encounter a Rick Perry supporter.....

Romulus
08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
(and you will), simply reverse the 'unelectable' meme and strike fear into them. Instead of personally tearing down Perry, which gets people very defensive, I simply say:

"The only one who can beat Obama is Ron Paul." And say it with authority.

From there you can proceed with some poll numbers, or talk about how freedom and truth brings people of all walks together and so on. And then strike fear into them by saying "If we don't get Ron Paul nominated, we will have another 4 years of Obama." That is the LAST thing any R wants. If we counter Perry supporters this way, it avoids confrontation, shares a common ground and further reinforces that Ron Paul CAN and does WIN.

Bruno
08-26-2011, 10:13 PM
+ 1

The Free Hornet
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
To copy someone's sig,

PAUL OR NOTHING

Sentinelrv
08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
This accomplishes two goals at once. It knocks Perry down a notch and it helps to install the belief that not only is Ron Paul electable, but he's the only candidate that has a chance at taking Obama down. Very smart.

EDIT: Another thing, as we move up in the polls, this method will become even more effective and undeniable. I think we have a winning strategy here, one that doesn't require time consuming explanations to win people over. Some of these people will do anything they can to prevent Obama's reelection. If we drill it into their heads that nominating Romney or Perry will guarantee Obama's second term, they'll have no choice but to support Ron, because losing to Obama would be an even worse fate to them than Ron being elected president.

EDIT 2: I would personally use this strategy in the following way...

1. I would first mention the fact that Ron Paul is increasing in the polls and that he polls consistently. All other GOP candidates follow a specific pattern. They jump into the race, the media pushes them up in the polls and then they're rejected by the public and so they start to sink in the polls. Only Ron Paul is sticking.

2. Second, only Ron Paul is getting the support of independents and democrats. Without them, the other GOP candidates don't have a chance.

3. Third, and only after you name points one and two, should you throw in something that damages the other candidates electability. Don't make it seem like you're atttacking those candidates, but that you're just explaining to them things that could potentially bring them down in the election. Tell them that Mitt Romney will be taken down by Romneycare and his constant filp flopping on issues. There is so much stuff on Rick Perry. Tell them that he will be rejected because of his ties to Al Gore, that he got a D in economics, or that he supported TARP. Perry will be laughed out of the election because of these things. And then finish up by telling them that all these problems will bring down the GOP nominee when they face Obama, and that only Ron Paul has a spotless record and no problem issues that could take him down.

RonPaulFever
08-26-2011, 10:20 PM
"Rick Perry supporter"

No such thing.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-26-2011, 10:20 PM
+rep!

flightlesskiwi
08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
definitely. will use this. i won't even argue against perry (or any candidate)... i'll just advocate for Paul. keep it on the positive.

freedom-maniac
08-26-2011, 10:37 PM
The Perry supporters I encounter keep repeating mindless slogans like "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" and "Jobs is (sic) what it's all about" and "Rick Perry can create jobs".

They're brain-zapped zombies along the lines of the Obama '08 supporters ("Change"..."Obama's going to Change things")

Nate-ForLiberty
08-26-2011, 10:38 PM
even with this strategy, though, there is still room to expose Perry. Some people will not back down from you.

wilcox71
08-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Or just say your really going to vote for someone who supported Al Gore? And flip flopped from being a democrat? Or just call him governor good hair.

flightlesskiwi
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Or just say your really going to vote for someone who supported Al Gore? And flip flopped from being a democrat? Or just call him governor good hair.

hahaha!! gubner good 'air (in british accent).

wilcox71
08-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Thats what most of us call him in Texas, he really isnt that popular here. Plus the Texas governor cant do much our constituion is pretty air tight. Last election there where no choices...

Romulus
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
I've done this with both my Dad and Brother who are Neocons. It completely worked with my Dad.. he realized it as truth and it opened the door for more input. With my brother I felt that he reluctantly accepted this as true. It's the most successful I've ever been with talking to them about RP. It completely neutralized the situation and they were not threatened. We were on the same side. From there you need to pick up on their cues, what's important to them, and leverage our solutions with their concerns.

Let's face it, people are not very passionate about Perry right now.. he's still an unknown with little charisma. If they do start to puff up on Perry, do as RP does and simply say "He's part of the status quo like the rest and he will LOSE to Obama" Reinforce the "Ron Paul is the ONLY one who can beat Obama" message! If they get specific, rattle off a few facts about how he's a big govt politician with insider ties and again, he won't be able to beat Obama. The takeaway is that they now Fear that to be true, become Uncertain about his chances and then have Doubts. FUD works! And we come out clean. :)

belian78
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
(and you will), simply reverse the 'unelectable' meme and strike fear into them. Instead of personally tearing down Perry, which gets people very defensive, I simply say:

From there you can proceed with some poll numbers, or talk about how freedom and truth brings people of all walks together and so on. And then strike fear into them by saying "If we don't get Ron Paul nominated, we will have another 4 years of Obama." That is the LAST thing any R wants. If we counter Perry supporters this way, it avoids confrontation, shares a common ground and further reinforces that Ron Paul CAN and does WIN.

I haven't read the thread, however I used this quite successfully just the other day. A neocon'ish co-worker of mine that loves to say Ron is unelectable and a kook. I referenced the recent pollings vs Obama, and the significance of the indy vote, then said if he were serious about wanting Obama out he better start supporting Ron Paul. He hasnt said a word to me about electability since. LOL

Romulus
08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I haven't read the thread, however I used this quite successfully just the other day. A neocon'ish co-worker of mine that loves to say Ron is unelectable and a kook. I referenced the recent pollings vs Obama, and the significance of the indy vote, then said if he were serious about wanting Obama out he better start supporting Ron Paul. He hasnt said a word to me about electability since. LOL

Nice! It does work. Neocons do NOT like to lose.. they're way too prideful. This plays perfectly in our hands.

Carehn
08-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Some one had to post it.

08-26-2011, 11:14 PM
The Al Gore connection will be Perry's undoing when the poo-slinging between candidates starts.

gerryb
08-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice! It does work. Neocons do NOT like to lose.. they're way too prideful. This plays perfectly in our hands.

You could also look at it another way -- The core Ron Paul folks are way too "ideological" towards their conservative principles..

There was a poll in Iowa that showed of the 16% of folks who favored Ron Paul, 49% said they would not vote for any other republican nominee in the general election.

That is 8% of likely republican voters either writing in Ron Paul, voting 3rd party, or sitting home on election day. Elections are won and lost with much smaller margins...

If bringing this up, I would caution not to say that you yourself fall in this category, you're just pointing out some supporters are unwavering.

wilcox71
08-26-2011, 11:28 PM
The Al Gore connection will be Perry's undoing when the poo-slinging between candidates starts.

Not many people no about the Al Gore connection.

Ronpauljones
08-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Until a few days ago I spent about a week on Perry's facebook page doing nothing but posting factual dirt about him. The Perry supporters can never defend him with facts, all they do is pretend im lying, make personal attacks and call Ron Paul crazy.

surf
08-26-2011, 11:44 PM
i work with a ton of people that probably voted for Obama. the only republican they'll vote for is Ron Paul. The republicans i work with or see tend to like governor good-hair but fear Bush 3 (Obama) and would gladly support Ron Paul - though they see him in the it'll-never-happen view.

funny thing is the look on the faces as they tell a die-hard libertarian RP supporter that it won't happen. it's generally like they're letting me know that someone i know just died. of course i disagree with them.

anyway - thanks for the Perry thoughts. he can't win. we can.

Justinfrom1776
08-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Sorry, I didn't read through the entire thread either.. I'm convinced that nobody could beat Obama except Ron Paul. Only Ron can actually take votes away from Obama and count them for himself, this is like getting 2 votes for 1 in a general election. The polls show it too, Obama receives the fewest votes when matched up against Ron.

The everyday non hardcore politicos will be convinced through comedy central and SNL that Rick Perry is the 2nd coming of GWB.

Mitt Romney would be destroyed via Obama's attack ads, his past of trying to be 'everything to everyone' will catch up with him.

Bachmann will destroy herself before we even get to the primaries, every time she opens her mouth she loses votes.

Only Ron can win the whole damn thing because even Neocons like Tricky Dick Morris and Billdo O'Reilly will vote for him in the general.

Suzu
08-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Not many people no about the Al Gore connection.

Can we not even spell "know" now?

Sentinelrv
08-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Another thing, as we move up in the polls, this method will become even more effective and undeniable. I think we have a winning strategy here, one that doesn't require time consuming explanations to win people over. Some of these people will do anything they can to prevent Obama's reelection. If we drill it into their heads that nominating Romney or Perry will guarantee Obama's second term, they'll have no choice but to support Ron, because losing to Obama would be an even worse fate to them than Ron being elected president.

Kregisen
08-27-2011, 02:25 AM
If a Perry supporter came up to me I would just ask them if they're aware of Perry signing an executive order to force all sixth-grade girls to take Gardasil, disregarding parents rights.....not even Obama is liberal enough to do that.

KingRobbStark
08-27-2011, 02:34 AM
*In a french accent*

I fart in their general direction.

KingRobbStark
08-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Can we not even spell "know" now?

No

Ronpauljones
08-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Another thing, as we move up in the polls, this method will become even more effective and undeniable. I think we have a winning strategy here, one that doesn't require time consuming explanations to win people over. Some of these people will do anything they can to prevent Obama's reelection. If we drill it into their heads that nominating Romney or Perry will guarantee Obama's second term, they'll have no choice but to support Ron, because losing to Obama would be an even worse fate to them than Ron being elected president.

And it's true. Romney and Perry are only there because it would be easy for Obama, as unpopular as he is, to tear them apart. Especially Perry, I swear he has so much dirt him vs Charles Manson would be a dead heat.

Ronpauljones
08-27-2011, 03:19 AM
If a Perry supporter came up to me I would just ask them if they're aware of Perry signing an executive order to force all sixth-grade girls to take Gardasil, disregarding parents rights.....not even Obama is liberal enough to do that.

Obama disregards everybody's rights.

morely webb
08-27-2011, 06:14 AM
The Perry supporters I encounter keep repeating mindless slogans like "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" and "Jobs is (sic) what it's all about" and "Rick Perry can create jobs".

They're brain-zapped zombies along the lines of the Obama '08 supporters ("Change"..."Obama's going to Change things")

Here's one for them: "Texas ranks 27th in unemployment in the country." Mediocre, mediocre, mediocre.

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Romulus
08-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Until a few days ago I spent about a week on Perry's facebook page doing nothing but posting factual dirt about him. The Perry supporters can never defend him with facts, all they do is pretend im lying, make personal attacks and call Ron Paul crazy.

You just proved my point right there. Rick Perry supporters don't care about his skeletons! So personally attack him in NOT effective and a waste of time in winning over that voter to our side.

That is 8% of likely republican voters either writing in Ron Paul, voting 3rd party, or sitting home on election day. Elections are won and lost with much smaller margins...

If bringing this up, I would caution not to say that you yourself fall in this category, you're just pointing out some supporters are unwavering.

Exactly - the whole idea is to neutralize the situation and let them know that the Ron Paul base is loyal and wont vote for anyone else.

This is all R's that I know! They want Obama gone and will vote Ron if that's what it takes. It's up to us to keep driving home the message: Ron Paul is the ONLY one who can win!

Revolution9
08-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Rick Perry supporter == Jacques Trapp.

HTH
Rev9

RJB
08-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Good strategy. This is exactly what the neocon talking heads do. Right from the beginning, Hannity et al tell us who has a chance and who doesn't. 2008 was very eye opening how they said "Ron paul has no chance." They even did it with other neocons who weren't in the club such as Duncan Hunter and Tancredo. I heard so many times, "Tancredo is good but he doesn't have a chance..."

And the audience bought it hook line and sinker. It really is disheartening to see how gulible Americans are when trapped in the MSNBC/FOX news, left/right paradigm, but that said, we might as well use their stratagy. It works and it's true, Ron Paul is the only one who can beat Obama.

Working Poor
08-27-2011, 07:19 AM
mention the poll in Texas that Ron won against Perry

Christianlibertarian
08-27-2011, 07:27 AM
I used this strategy with a bunch of neocon coworkers and it seemed to work. They all liked Rick Perry because they just want Obama gone. The one democrat in the group said that he would vote for Ron Paul over Obama if he made it through the primary. That statement got them all thinking.

Also, this whole discussion proves that we are winning. We are setting up a Ron Paul bs Obama mentality.

Tarzan
08-27-2011, 08:27 AM
We made some Dick Parrot handout cards that bring his record into question.
Here they are in case they are useful... playing card size, printable PDF format, 8 per sheet.

http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/perry8.png

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?309034-Rick-Perry-Playing-Card-sized-Handouts

mosquitobite
08-27-2011, 08:59 AM
mention the poll in Texas that Ron won against Perry
link?

Romulus
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
I used this strategy with a bunch of neocon coworkers and it seemed to work. They all liked Rick Perry because they just want Obama gone. The one democrat in the group said that he would vote for Ron Paul over Obama if he made it through the primary. That statement got them all thinking.

Also, this whole discussion proves that we are winning. We are setting up a Ron Paul bs Obama mentality.

+ rep!!

Let's hear more stories folks. This is a winning stragety!

Note: This is NOT about tearing down Perry - even half supporters will get defensive if you attack Perry right from the start. Don't do that! Perry supporters just want Obama to lose - the goal is to get them Fearful of an Obama victory and Doubtful that Perry can beat him.

Just keep reinforcing the idea - Ron Paul is the ONLY ONE who can beat Obama!! Eventually those Perry supporters will be coming our way.. keep it up.

Koz
08-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Thats what most of us call him in Texas, he really isnt that popular here. Plus the Texas governor cant do much our constituion is pretty air tight. Last election there where no choices...

Medina would have been a better choice.

Ronpauljones
08-27-2011, 04:09 PM
+ rep!!

Let's hear more stories folks. This is a winning stragety!

Note: This is NOT about tearing down Perry - even half supporters will get defensive if you attack Perry right from the start. Don't do that! Perry supporters just want Obama to lose - the goal is to get them Fearful of an Obama victory and Doubtful that Perry can beat him.

Just keep reinforcing the idea - Ron Paul is the ONLY ONE who can beat Obama!! Eventually those Perry supporters will be coming our way.. keep it up.

I will switch to this strategy. How do we go about convincing them that Paul is the only candidate that can beat Obama?

Edit: Especially without posting any factual dirt on Perry?

Eric21ND
08-27-2011, 04:27 PM
You're all missing the elephant in the room. Rick Perry's Letter to Nancy Pelosi Urging Support for...TARP

http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452719d69e2015434b760d5970c-pi

Acala
08-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I think we should concede that there is one way Perry might win - if he gets his buddy Al Gore to be his running mate!

Sentinelrv
08-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I would personally use this strategy in the following way...

1. I would first mention the fact that Ron Paul is increasing in the polls and that he polls consistently. All other GOP candidates follow a specific pattern. They jump into the race, the media pushes them up in the polls and then they're rejected by the public and so they start to sink in the polls. Only Ron Paul is sticking.

2. Second, only Ron Paul is getting the support of independents and democrats. Without them, the other GOP candidates don't have a chance.

3. Third, and only after you name points one and two, should you throw in something that damages the other candidates electability. Don't make it seem like you're atttacking those candidates, but that you're just explaining to them things that could potentially bring them down in the election. Tell them that Mitt Romney will be taken down by Romneycare and his constant filp flopping on issues. There is so much stuff on Rick Perry. Tell them that he will be rejected because of his ties to Al Gore, that he got a D in economics, or that he supported TARP. Perry will be laughed out of the election because of these things. And then finish up by telling them that all these problems will bring down the GOP nominee when they face Obama, and that only Ron Paul has a spotless record and no problem issues that could take him down.

If you agree with this, then maybe put it in the first post so everybody will read it, or maybe I could just edit my post on the first page.

Ronpauljones
08-27-2011, 04:44 PM
- First, I would first mention the fact that Ron Paul is increasing in the polls and that he polls consistently. All other GOP candidates follow a specific pattern. They jump into the race, the media pushes them up in the polls and then they're rejected by the public and so they start to sink in the polls. Only Ron Paul is sticking.

- Second, only Ron Paul is getting the support of independents and democrats. Without them, the other GOP candidates don't have a chance.

- And third and only after you named points one and two can you throw in something that damages the other candidates. Tell them that Mitt Romney will be taken down by Romneycare and his constant filp flopping on issues. There is so much stuff on Rick Perry. Tell them that he will be rejected because of his ties to Al Gore, that he got an F in economics, or that he supported TARP. Peryy will be laughed out of the election because of these things. And then finish up by telling them that all these problems will bring down the GOP nominee when they face Obama, and that only Ron Paul has a spotless record and no problem issues that could take him down.

If you agree with this, then maybe put it in the first post so everybody will read it, or maybe I could just edit my post on the first page.

I like this idea alot.

+rep

Justinjj1
08-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I live in Texas, and I have yet to encounter one of those elusive Perry supporters.

MarcNY
08-27-2011, 04:53 PM
I was listening to Mike Savage on the radio and he supports Rick Perry. I'm like are you kidding? I cant stand people like and just about everyone from Fox News and MSNBC who still want everyone to believe its right vs left, republican vs democrat. What its really about is the elistists vs everyone else. Rick Perry is the candidate of the rich elite.

Nate
08-27-2011, 05:01 PM
- First, I would first mention the fact that Ron Paul is increasing in the polls and that he polls consistently. All other GOP candidates follow a specific pattern. They jump into the race, the media pushes them up in the polls and then they're rejected by the public and so they start to sink in the polls. Only Ron Paul is sticking.

- Second, only Ron Paul is getting the support of independents and democrats. Without them, the other GOP candidates don't have a chance.

- And third and only after you named points one and two can you throw in something that damages the other candidates. Tell them that Mitt Romney will be taken down by Romneycare and his constant filp flopping on issues. There is so much stuff on Rick Perry. Tell them that he will be rejected because of his ties to Al Gore, that he got an F in economics, or that he supported TARP. Peryy will be laughed out of the election because of these things. And then finish up by telling them that all these problems will bring down the GOP nominee when they face Obama, and that only Ron Paul has a spotless record and no problem issues that could take him down.

+1
but to correct the part in bold, I believe that he received a D in economics & an F in chemistry. Either way, he's not too bright.

Sentinelrv
08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
One note about point 3 though, which I just added to my post. Don't make it seem like you're atttacking those candidates, but that you're just explaining to them things that could potentially bring them down in the election.

Sentinelrv
08-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Let's try to keep this bumped. Post your stories when using this strategy, both successes and failures, that way we can learn from them.

Mr Tansill
08-28-2011, 01:30 PM

+rep for an idea I can execute on a daily basis.

AFTFNJ
08-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Folks goal 1 atm is become a delegate and help out in NH also other important states.

Tarzan
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM

I strongly agree with this... we should make no DIRECT attacks on any other candidate to their supporters. The idea is to win over those supporters who would never vote for BHO. We need to win them over and not alienate them.

Still... we could make a two sided card for Dick Parrot supporters:

side A
Breath In... flip over
side B
Breath Out... flip over

Ronpauljones
08-28-2011, 02:57 PM
bump

Ronpauljones
08-28-2011, 04:37 PM

I would personally use this strategy in the following way...

I am seeing success with these strategies. And another facebook member that frequents Perry's page has had alot of success in converting people to Ron Paul by using a similar method.

Join The Paul Side
08-28-2011, 06:34 PM
When you encounter a Rick Perry supporter.....

Pee on them. :D

(kidding) :) (sort of) :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
08-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Haven't read the whole thread but I agree 100% with the OP. + Rep

Romulus
08-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Bump for more stories.... lets hear how this tactic worked for you.

Ronpauljones
08-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Bump for more stories.... lets hear how this tactic worked for you.

It has worked because a few Paul supporters have been on Perry's facebook daily and we are always polite and post nothing but facts, with supporting links. And the die hard Rick Perry supporters post lies, call us names and are all around complete assholes. The result is that the people on the page that are on the fence about who they will vote for end up wanting to know more about Ron Paul. And most of these end up saying they will vote for him.

Captain Shays
08-29-2011, 11:55 AM

It brings me back to the last election with Rudy repeating over and over again "I was there on 911". So how did that work out? Ron Paul beat him in the first four primaries until Rudy dropped out. Unfortunately they STILL gave Rudy more press coverage than Ron Paul.

Romulus
08-29-2011, 12:19 PM
It has worked because a few Paul supporters have been on Perry's facebook daily and we are always polite and post nothing but facts, with supporting links. And the die hard Rick Perry supporters post lies, call us names and are all around complete assholes. The result is that the people on the page that are on the fence about who they will vote for end up wanting to know more about Ron Paul. And most of these end up saying they will vote for him.

That is why no amount of truth matters. But when confronted with the idea that Perry can NOT beat Obama and only Ron can, it brings their defenses down and makes the question the electibility of Perry. Keep repeating it.... they want Obama gone too.... Ron Paul is the only one who can Win, and they know it and the polls know it.

Ronpauljones
08-29-2011, 12:32 PM
That is why no amount of truth matters. But when confronted with the idea that Perry can NOT beat Obama and only Ron can, it brings their defenses down and makes the question the electibility of Perry. Keep repeating it.... they want Obama gone too.... Ron Paul is the only one who can Win, and they know it and the polls know it.

So basically refine this strategy completely down to repeating that Ron Paul is the only candidate that can beat Obama, Unless we nominate Ron Paul we will get 4 more years of Obama. And post the polls that back up these statements?

Romulus
08-29-2011, 12:54 PM
So basically refine this strategy completely down to repeating that Ron Paul is the only candidate that can beat Obama, Unless we nominate Ron Paul we will get 4 more years of Obama. And post the polls that back up these statements?

Pretty much. We are just reversing the unelectable FUD that was employed on us and using it on them. And this is powerful now because we have some good polls to prove the point that Ron Paul is the only one who can beat Obama.

Fear (Obama will beat Perry)
Uncertainty (Perry has a lot of liberal baggage that will come out)
Doubt (Perry might lose to Obama)

Answer: Ron Paul is the ONLY one who can beat Obama. Repeat it often enough and it becomes a given. I already believe it to be true, as do many others here... but to Perry supporters, it's simply a method in which we can instill a little FUD and introduce the idea that the only way to beat Obama is for Ron Paul to be nominated.

All of this can be done without getting into personal conflicts, much like how RP campaigns. It's especially great for face to face interactions where we don't want to come across rude or trying to "sell" our candidate.

Of course I'm all for exposing Perry, but this is a doorway to do that, should you think its needed. If it's not, then all the better. If they're hell bent on Perry, simply point out how he is a liberal and let them know that conservatives wont vote for Perry thus he will lose against Obama... bring it all back to the start. Talk about how polls say that:

Ron Paul is the ONLY one who can beat Obama!

Eric21ND
08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Cite the Rasmussen poll.

PRESIDENT – NATIONAL (Rasmussen)

Barack Obama (D-inc) 39% +1%
Ron Paul (R) 38%

Barack Obama (D-inc) 43% +3%
Rick Perry (R) 40%

Barack Obama (D-inc) 43% +4%
Michele Bachmann (R) 39%

Barack Obama (D-inc) 46% +8%
Mitt Romney (R) 38%

Barack Obama (D-inc) 50% +17%
Sarah Palin (R) 33%

cero
08-29-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hubgJVp8H0&feature=player_embedded#!

the fed, SS, what is he going to copy next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekiX4mNLTuY

HeyArchie
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Of course, Perry isn't the only admitted former Democrat in the field; Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has discussed openly in stump speeches that she and her husband had volunteered for Democrat Jimmy Carter in the 1976 presidential campaign.

Oops

Ronpauljones
08-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks for replying guys. I will definitely be putting this to use. I have also been repeating "Support our troops by voting for the candidate THEY support: Ron Paul" with a link of the article about him getting more donations from the military than all other GOP candidates combined.

Sentinelrv
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
I've been using a technique that makes using this strategy even easier. When I'm talking to people about it, I tell them about one of my friends or somebody I was talking to that isn't a Ron Paul supporter. I use this other person as a vehicle to deliver the message, so that it doesn't appear to be coming directly from me. I explain that this other person isn't a die-hard Ron Paul supporter, but that they've recently made the decision to support him because they now realize that he's the only one running that has a chance to beat Obama. I then explain why this other person had a change of heart by citing the evidence, the increasing poll numbers, that only he pulls from independents and democrats and all the baggage that will bring each candidate down in the general election.

What's great about using this technique to act out the strategy is that when you're trashing Perry and Romney by bringing all their baggage to light as the reasons they can't win, you aren't raising as much hostility in the person you're talking to because this story and evidence is supposedly coming from one of your friends or somebody you were talking to online. The message is taken more seriously and isn't rejected as easily because it doesn't seem to be coming directly from you. You're just using your friend as a vehicle to deliver the message, disarming any potential hostility that might come out of the reasons you suggest for them not being able to win.

Eric21ND
08-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I've been using a technique that makes using this strategy even easier. When I'm talking to people about it, I tell them about one of my friends or somebody I was talking to that isn't a Ron Paul supporter. I use this other person as a vehicle to deliver the message, so that it doesn't appear to be coming directly from me. I explain that this other person isn't a die-hard Ron Paul supporter, but that they've recently made the decision to support him because they now realize that he's the only one running that has a chance to beat Obama. I then explain why this other person had a change of heart by citing the evidence, the increasing poll numbers, that only he pulls from independents and democrats and all the baggage that will bring each candidate down in the general election.

What's great about using this technique to act out the strategy is that when you're trashing Perry and Romney by bringing all their baggage to light as the reasons they can't win, you aren't raising as much hostility in the person you're talking to because this story and evidence is supposedly coming from one of your friends or somebody you were talking to online. The message is taken more serioiusly and isn't rejected as easily because it doesn't seem to be coming directly from you. You're just using your friend as a vehicle to deliver the message, disarming any potential hostility that might come out of the reasons you suggest for them not being able to win.
An excellent post and very crafty end-around approach to get people thinking.

RDM
08-29-2011, 10:32 PM
You could also ask them if they support universal healthcare.

http://the-classic-liberal.com/rick-perry-praised-hillary-clintons-health-care-scheme/