PDA

View Full Version : Obama on SNL....

Roxi
11-04-2007, 07:18 AM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/11/obama_continues_to_poke_fun_at.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8NTl0tQNZw

Obama continues to poke fun at Clinton on 'SNL'

by John McCormick

Sen. Barack Obama went into Sen. Hillary Clinton's backyard Saturday night to continue his day-long criticism of Clinton and her former president husband.

Appearing in the opening sketch of "Saturday Night Live," Obama joined impersonators Amy Poehler and Darrell Hammond who were portraying the former first couple, as they often do.

The bit had the Clintons hosting a Halloween party, when near the end, a man walked in wearing an Obama mask. The Illinois Democrat then removed the mask to show that he was indeed Obama.

“Well, you know Hillary, I have nothing to hide. I enjoy being myself,” Obama said. "I'm not going to change who I am just because it is Halloween."

Earlier Saturday, in South Carolina and in an interview with the Tribune, Obama had suggested that with Clinton at the top of the Democratic ticket the party would likely be only "barely" able to win a national election. He had also taken a subtle swipe at former President Bill Clinton by listing problems that "existed long before George Bush took office."

Obama wrapped up his brief appearance with the show's signature starting line: "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night."

He had previously said that he planned to wear a mask for Halloween, although he was also seen that day at his children's school in Chicago wearing sweat pants and a White Sox baseball cap.

Posted by John McCormick on November 4, 2007 7:43 AM | Permalink

jgmaynard
11-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I saw that too and it made me crack up (laughing, not mentally ;) ). However, just to be nit-picky (cause that is what the internet is for), I thought they were really harsh to Gravel, putting him in a straight jacket (costume??? "Yeah. Yeah. That's what it is - a costume!"). But overall, I laughed.

JM

johngr
11-04-2007, 10:39 AM
They should have Osama on there. It would be more interesting and probably get better ratings.

james1906
11-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I was pretty pissed about they painted Gravel. I wonder how they'll paint RP when the time comes.

Sir VotesALot
11-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, Mike Gravel is the crazy the one. Not all of the others. Great job, SNL!

(Sketch comedy will be so much better once writers start getting their news from the internet.)

0zzy
11-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I hate how they make Gravel look like some nut. And Dennis as some fairy. But overall it's funny :0.

Man from La Mancha
11-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Well they probably show Ron's arms moving all around.

Corydoras
11-04-2007, 12:53 PM
It's too bad that SNL has nobody as good at doing politicians as Dana Carvey. This cycle, I've seen clips of him on Leno as Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani.

SWATH
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Any way we can get Ron on SNL?

denvervoipguru
11-05-2007, 12:22 AM
http://tinyurl.com/24z34a

yaz
11-05-2007, 01:27 AM
gravel is kinda crazy

LizF
11-05-2007, 01:50 AM
gravel is kinda crazy

I see it more as a righteous anger about all that has gone wrong with our country as a result of bad government policies.

trispear
11-05-2007, 02:38 AM
Holy crap, the only news to me is that people still watch SNL? That show was complete crap 12 years back, and I can only imagine it went further downhill. Heck, even MadTV (at it's beginning) was way better than SNL years back.

It used to be a launchpad for good comedians and I can't name any I know of from SNL the last 12 years. (I'm not usually a grandpa on the porch type, I just know there's way better comedy at other places these days.)