PDA

View Full Version : Announcing The ROCK THE REVOLUTION TOUR Coming To A City Near You!

ZakCarter
08-26-2011, 07:37 PM
"I always knew that if you were going to have a revolution you needed two things. Young people, and music." - Ron Paul

We're on our way Dr. Paul!

In 2007, We the Revolution, made history with a BLIMP. In 2011, We’ll make history again with a ROCK THE REVOLUTION TOUR!

It started as an idea floated on the Daily Paul.com.

It quickly sparked interest all over the country, so much that it moved from an idea to organizing in less than 48 hours.

We now have an organization behind this and a website - http://www.rocktherevolutiontour.com/

We believe that this is something that has the potential to become Very Huge.

Imagine great music from artists such as Per Capita, Jordan Page, Jandisco Sound System, Rise, Consise, and Krookid interspersed with liberty messages from featured speakers and voter registration tables and an added ability to identify Ron Paul supporters who we can later encourage to go to the polls for Ron Paul. Imagine a great opportunity for your local Ron Paul meetup and facebook groups to hand out literature and educate your neighbors, who will come out for music but haven’t been paying attention to politics. All of this interspersed with more great music and on tour all fall and winter! From Coast to Coast, and the weather won't slow us down!

We’re planning on keeping the great people at Rock The Vote very busy this election season!

We already have the donated vans. We already have musicians willing to do anything it takes to make this happen, and word of a big name act that is willing to do at least one show along the tour which we’ll announce the name of later. I’d be surprised if more don’t come forward before we get this show on the road.

Before we get this show on the road though we need three things to happen.

1. We need regional coordinators to assist our team with booking venues and promoting the event locally.

2. We need local musicians to come forward who can perform when the tour is in their town. Musicians with their own networks of fans is one of the keys to making this a success. We already have had artists get in touch with us who will be contributing to the tour this way, thank you! We just need to find more of you!

3. We have hopes this becomes self sustaining and even generates money on it's own to help fund other projects in support of Ron Paul, but to get this started we’re going to need donations. We’re going to be able to do things for less than others would pay, we’ve already had a venue manager come forward and give us a rock bottom deal, and again, I’d be surprised if we don’t have more patriots coming forward to help like that. We’re even saving money thanks to John Dennis’s Freedom and Prosperity PAC letting us take donations securely through the PAC rather than relying on Chipin , which has steep fees. We’re more than just a little thankful for all of this help, but there are still going to be expenses that we can’t cover on our own just yet. Your generous donation to the ROCK THE REVOLUTION TOUR will guarantee we get this show on the road!

http://www.rocktherevolutiontour.com/

Thank you, and we’ll see you at the show!

For more information and to get involved, please contact
Zak Carter
206-501-9221
exclusivelyamericanmade@yahoo.com

Airborn
08-26-2011, 09:37 PM
I like this idea!

ZakCarter
08-27-2011, 05:16 AM
an idea anymore!

Working Poor
08-27-2011, 05:47 AM
i am there!!

Oddone
08-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Interesting! when it comes around DFW or Texas I'll be there!

harikaried
08-27-2011, 08:52 AM
You guys are first figuring out which areas will have venues and musicians before planning a route across the country? Or starting on one side and focusing on finding people/places in those areas first?

harikaried
08-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Or perhaps it might make sense to criss-cross back and forth so that people have more time to hear about the successes of the tour and want to attend. ?

LibertyEagle
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Cool. :)

belian78
08-29-2011, 11:44 AM
If you plan on coming through the central IL area, definitely PM me. I live in Peoria IL and I used to be real active in the local music scene. I still have friends playing out, so it all depends on what kinds of music you're wanting.

Also, the Bloomington/Normal meetup is very active and they are only 45 mins away, so they could help promote as well.

dusman
08-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Same here in Indiana. One of my associates runs the largest independent band contest in our State.

ZakCarter
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Our website went live today!!

http://www.rocktherevolutiontour.com/

Uriah
08-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I was discussing an idea like this with friends.

Ron Paul said music and young people.

How about adding a song/lyric writing contest? Prize could be performing your song on stage or having one of the bands perform your song. Just an idea. National liberty/Ron Paul themed song writing contest.

Oddone
08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Music is pretty good, I liked Rise Consise Krookid. "If Ron Paul was President" Bump for you! Everyone check it out.

RonPaulVolunteer
08-31-2011, 03:18 AM
Very cool. You know I did this in 2008 don't you?

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedomtourtv

johnald
09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Is this tour going to be webcasted?

linusPAULing
09-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll be watching for the San Francisco show!

MelissaCato
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Woot Woot !!

Xander Crews
10-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I am thinking about making a trip out to Iowa for the Omaha and Des Moines stops. I am already trying to get a huge group of friends to attend with me. (I grew up in Iowa). Is there a forum on the net specifically for planning this or a thread on a forum? For the Iowa and Omaha stops local bands such as Index Case, Destrophy, and others draw huge crowds in that area, they would be worth contacting. 89.7 the river and the lazer are two local radio stations with huge followings, maybe just maybe, they can be convinced to jump on board. A rocktherevolutiontour forum would be great! You could have sub-forums for each stop and really plan, make this huge!

Xander Crews
10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
I also plan on decking out the entire car we will be taking in giant Ron Paul graphics. Maybe something like "Black this out" on one side of the car, RP's face on the hood. Another slogan on the other side. "RockTheRevolution Or Bust" on the trunk....

Possibly promote this idea? Promote concert goers to be as visible as possible?

kojirodensetsu
10-12-2011, 06:14 PM
This needs to happen.

parocks
10-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I am thinking about making a trip out to Iowa for the Omaha and Des Moines stops. I am already trying to get a huge group of friends to attend with me. (I grew up in Iowa). Is there a forum on the net specifically for planning this or a thread on a forum? For the Iowa and Omaha stops local bands such as Index Case, Destrophy, and others draw huge crowds in that area, they would be worth contacting. 89.7 the river and the lazer are two local radio stations with huge followings, maybe just maybe, they can be convinced to jump on board. A rocktherevolutiontour forum would be great! You could have sub-forums for each stop and really plan, make this huge!

See my sig. I have a separate event set up for all announced shows. With links to other pages.

Today is the 1st one.