PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC hit piece?

pauliticalfan
08-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Flipped to that Lawrence shit a little while ago and caught like the second half of a long segment on RP. Missed most of it, but they were laughing and talking about FEMA and how the American people "actually want FEMA to do more." I think the show repeats in a little while so be looking out for it.

Lafayette
08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Caught it as well.

Found the article on MSNBC site

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312113-Ron-Paul-FEMA-not-necessary

Feeding the Abscess
08-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Show doesn't repeat on Friday night.

Join The Paul Side
08-26-2011, 09:00 PM
MSNBC is still alive? With viewers? That actually have pulses? o.O

Amazing, amazing... :p

LatinsforPaul
08-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-WZoYowLk&feature=share

Dr. Paul has to use this quote in the debates when they ask the FEMA question...

"Only 25 percent of the respondents to a survey conducted in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina identified government as their most important source of aid. Government relief to disaster victims is often less effective than aid provided by volunteers, non-profit organizations, and commercial enterprises, and it often facilitates corruption, encourages growth in disaster-prone areas, and crowds out self-help."

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/profile/7677/blog/2011/08/26/disaster-relief-bad-policy

pauliticalfan
08-26-2011, 09:17 PM
electability, electability, electability.....

There they go again, trying to drill these buzzwords into peoples' minds. We can prove them wrong by voting and electing Ron Paul.

KingRobbStark
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-WZoYowLk&feature=share

Dr. Paul has to use this quote in the debates when they ask the FEMA question...

"Only 25 percent of the respondents to a survey conducted in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina identified government as their most important source of aid. Government relief to disaster victims is often less effective than aid provided by volunteers, non-profit organizations, and commercial enterprises, and it often facilitates corruption, encourages growth in disaster-prone areas, and crowds out self-help."

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/profile/7677/blog/2011/08/26/disaster-relief-bad-policy

This.

anaconda
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
That lady misses the whole point: FEMA utterly failed during Katrina.

Join The Paul Side
08-26-2011, 09:58 PM
That lady misses the whole point: FEMA utterly failed during Katrina.

Good call. :D

BLS
08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Damn I hate the liberal mind. Some people just do NOT get it.

ronpaulitician
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
The most important compliments are those given by your critics.

The respect seems to be growing, and the "unelectable" label is more and more shed.

Crickett
08-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Damn I hate the liberal mind. Some people just do NOT get it.
The weird thing is, is if you are in trouble you will take help from anyone and be grateful. If someone is SUPPOSED to help you (FEMA, tax payer supported) then you can moan about.."they did not do enough". But if you were being carried away by a wave, and some old guy put out his cane and you grabbed it and made it to a safe shore, you would be SO grateful, even if he just left you there, then, panting. The thing IS, the government knows how to force, not be kind. They forced people not to go to their homes, herded them into places then gave them no water, took away guns and other things. They have to control everything and every body in order to "help". We can do it better. There was so much waste with those trailers and debit cards and ridiculous things fema has done. People can help people, individually, much better.

PeteinLA
08-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Actually that wasn't that bad. I thought the anchor actually made a good point. FEMA has only been around since 1979. I didn't know that. I think it's good to use context in an argument and I have often used context to argue against the Dept of Education by saying we didn't even have one until 1980. This can make a big difference to people who just assume that the US has always had one and it would be a disaster without it.

Ron's explanation is much better when he isn't rushed like in a debate. In a debate the FEMA question can come off harsh and for people not familiar with the logic it can throw them off a bit.

Carehn
08-26-2011, 10:37 PM
i know this is a hit peace but I can't help but loving when he is speaking out in the open and not in a speech of some kind. Makes me love the guy even more.

They can't even take out of context video and make him look bad. What should that tell you.

He best win or im calling it a country.

jason43
08-26-2011, 10:39 PM
They see the failures of government and think that they, being great people, can "make it better" and dont see that the government being involved is the actual problem. FEMA wasted billions on Katrina through mismanagement and incompetance. And the people of that city literally grabbed at whatever they could get when the opportunity presented itself. You didn't see that get played out in Japan when half their country got distroyed by an earthquake.

Lymeade-Lady
08-26-2011, 10:55 PM
I liked the term they created: "Ron Paulism".

Cutlerzzz
08-26-2011, 10:56 PM
If the government fails it just means that it needs more money.

beerista
08-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Lawrence says, I believe a few times, that we have a societal obligation to one another to help out in times of disaster. I don't disagree with this point. His mistake, not only common but the common denominator among liberals, is conflating government with society.

anaconda
08-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Lawrence says, I believe a few times, that we have a societal obligation to one another to help out in times of disaster. I don't disagree with this point. His mistake, not only common but the common denominator among liberals, is conflating government with society.

I think that host was a substitute for Lawrence. Lawrence is a jerk and hates the Paul's. He really hates Rand, but I think he's actually either envious or has secret feelings for him that he awkwardly tries to repress..thus his blind rage hateful diatribes about Rand...

beerista
08-26-2011, 11:33 PM
I think that host was a substitute for Lawrence. Lawrence is a jerk and hates the Paul's. He really hates Rand, but I think he's actually either envious or has secret feelings for him that he awkwardly tries to repress..thus his blind rage hateful diatribes about Rand...
Thanks for the clarification. Just reading the name on screen. I don't watch these shows. No tv = better for my peace of mind. I only watch videos of the RP-related material when it gets posted here.
Then, I guess this can't be Lawrence; this guy kinda seems to like Ron... even if he doesn't understand him.

Article V
08-26-2011, 11:51 PM
What people don't seem to understand about New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina:

The hurricane did not cause the devastation to New Orleans. Congress did. It was not a natural disaster. It was a man-made, totally preventable disaster. For 40+ years, Congress underfunded the levees that they controlled. New Orleanians were not allowed to take care of these levees themselves, the levees were under the jurisdiction of the Army Corps of Engineers controlled and funded by the United States Congress. And for over 40 years, they didn't fund the levee maintenance program properly, they always sent less than what was required and the levees sank lower each and every year. Every year, Congress said they'd make up the funding in the next year; but it never happened. New Orleans was left to die by Congress and prevented by Congress from taking care of themselves. So, after Hurricane Katrina, when the under-funded federal levees broke, the federal government absolutely should have played a role in the recovery of New Orleans since it was the federal government who created the problem. Just as BP should have played a role in paying back the New Orleans fishermen after BP destroyed the Louisiana coastline and gulf fishing industry. He who causes the injury should be bound by law to make the injured whole again (or as close to whole as is possible).

If Ron Paul made it clear that New Orleans after Katrina was a man-made disaster created by the federal government, I think all of New Orleans would stand up and cheer! We so wish the rest of the country understood that it wasn't a hurricane that destroyed us, it was the federal government!

R3volutionJedi
08-26-2011, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-WZoYowLk&feature=player_embedded#!

THERE I AM AT 5:06. I am the last person to shake Ron's hand :D

Mr Tansill
08-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Is it just me or did that old video from the 40's or whatever actually make Ron's point?

I guess I shouldn't expect MSNBC to represent the truth.

When did Ron ever say that other people (including people from different states perhaps?) would not help?!?!!?

Misrepresentation is the ultimate form of propaganda.