PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul scores success in media assault

bobbyw24
08-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Paul scores success in media assault
By: Keach Hagey and Dan Hirschhorn
August 25, 2011 04:46 PM EDT

In the campaign to get more attention for his campaign, Ron Paul has scored a win.

The Texas congressman and his legions of vocal supporters turned what they deemed insufficient coverage of his close-second finish at Ames straw poll into a story with legs — and now a whole new set of stories. With a new Gallup poll out this week showing him in third place in the nomination race, Paul is scheduled to appear on “Fox News Sunday” this weekend, and a four-page Time magazine feature on his campaign’s momentum will hit newsstands tomorrow.

Paul’s complaints contributed to Time’s decision to do its first major piece on him this campaign season, said its author, Alex Altman, who blogged about the upcoming piece.

“He performed strongly at Ames,” Altman told POLITICO. “I thought, and my editors think, that he had a valid complaint that he was being overlooked.”

That sort of admission has Paul’s camp crowing.

“Media outlets heard from their readership voicing their displeasure about Ron’s exclusion from their post-Ames coverage,” said top Paul political advisor Jesse Benton. “I think the point has been taken, and they’ve giving Ron some level of the coverage that he deserves.”

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=5ADDDE97-F80E-4687-9C50-524C8964217C

muh_roads
08-26-2011, 07:29 PM
On Thursday, Adam Kokesh, a Paul supporter whose show on Russia Today was just cancelled, began to attack Benton on his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/KokeshforCongress) for declining to make Paul available for an interview.

“There is no ‘media blackout’ on Ron Paul,” he wrote, going on to complain about Benton.

So now Adam Kokesh has turned against us? Does he have sand in his vagina because his show has been canceled and now he is looking for someone to blame?

Money and a desire for fame corrupts absolutely.

AGRP
08-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I still stand by this post:

Think about it.

If he would have won, the media would have dismissed the entire thing, meaning the polls results would have not have mattered and Perry would have been the lonely star of the week.

But, LESS THAN 1% separated him from first place, which is a statistical tie for first. Because Bachmann won, the media was given the green light to parade her AND the results around, all while blatantly ignoring Paul.

The media was forced to show their hand and now Paul is getting way more attention in a way that puts THE MEDIA ON DEFENSE as the bad guy from here on out. If Paul would have won, they would have put Paul on the defense.

The result and the way the media ran with it backfired in their face.

kah13176
08-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Paul's appearance on Fox News Sunday will most likely be canceled due to the hurricane.

Also, I went to Kokesh's Facebook, and he had posted this. He has no beef with Paul, just Benton (oh well).

My support for Ron Paul is unwavering. He is the only man on the planet from whom I would take orders without question.

noxagol
08-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I still stand by this post:

Yes.

bobbyw24
08-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Paul’s complaints contributed to Time’s decision to do its first major piece on him this campaign season, said its author, Alex Altman