PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Attack Question on Fox News Sunday

Article V
08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Considering Hurricane Irene's media domination this weekend, is Ron Paul ready to answer a question about federal aid during/after natural disasters? His response to the Hurricane Katrina-esque question needs to be a bit better than, "I won't help anyone. Americans should fend for themselves." That kind of response will not play well anywhere in America especially when there are bound to be videos popping up of people in need.

Ron Paul needs to be prepared with a much more appropriate and caring response that identifies his position without falling into the media trap of "so you'd just let people suffer?"

Romulus
08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
He should use Joplin MO Tornado as an example of how people from near and far all came together to help. It's what we do naturally. All sorts of people volunteered their time, money and effort, either personally or through private charity, to get through that tough time.

No one in govt should force anyone to do anything though some bureaucratic waste of taxpayer money. The people are good samaritans and always willing to help as we've seen from Joplin to Japan.

That's how I would respond.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-26-2011, 05:00 PM
It's possible the interview may be preempted due to the storm.

dusman
08-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Most of the mentions of Ron Paul on Twitter right now are about Ron Paul saying we don't need FEMA. Good call on this OP.. we'll need some damage control on this one it seems. People forgot about how they handled Katrina.

Guitarzan
08-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Considering Hurricane Irene's media domination this weekend, is Ron Paul ready to answer a question about federal aid during/after natural disasters? His response to the Hurricane Katrina-esque question needs to be a bit better than, "I won't help anyone. Americans should fend for themselves." That kind of response will not play well anywhere in America especially when there are bound to be videos popping up of people in need.

Ron Paul needs to be prepared with a much more appropriate and caring response that identifies his position without falling into the media trap of "so you'd just let people suffer?"

When has Ron ever answered the question using those words?

anaconda
08-26-2011, 05:26 PM

If Ron wants to keep bringing up the hurricane clean up in 1900 Galveston he should ferret out some details as to how it happened and translate it into a current day model. Talk about how a community can help itself and their neighbors in 2011, in some detail. And keep harping on the "failure" of FEMA in Katrina.

mhad
08-26-2011, 05:32 PM
this is a very good point from the OP, I hope HQ takes notice....

Harald
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Good call.

Salon, WashigtonSomething, MSNBC and Politico are all harping about Ron Paul wanting to go back to 1900 on FEMA.

Rudeman
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
When has Ron ever answered the question using those words?

The media will spin it that way, so Ron Paul needs to explain the position clearly.

Esoteric
08-26-2011, 06:03 PM
bump. pass this along, collins!

robert9712000
08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
i think he needs to twist the question around to if you want to help the people the most efficiently it needs to be through private charity groups like the red cross.He should then talk about how bad fema screwed up helping people during katrina ,because government is never efficient,private companys are

Lafayette
08-26-2011, 06:27 PM
MSMBC just had something about Paul and FEMA, just caught the tail end, like 10 seconds of it.

CaptUSA
08-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Yesterday's discussion on this topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311668-A-Foreseeable-Hurdle

Brett85
08-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Most of the mentions of Ron Paul on Twitter right now are about Ron Paul saying we don't need FEMA. Good call on this OP.. we'll need some damage control on this one it seems. People forgot about how they handled Katrina.

This would hurt Ron in a general election, but not in the GOP primary. Any issue that distracts from the foreign policy issues will only help Ron.