PDA

View Full Version : Magellan Strategies polls S.C. GOP primary

Agorism
08-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Perry with the huge lead of course

http://www.magellanstrategies.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Magellan-South-Carolina-2012-Republican-Presidential-Primary-Survey-Topline-Results-0826111.pdf

PRESIDENT – SOUTH CAROLINA – GOP PRIMARY (Magellan)
Rick Perry 31%
Mitt Romney 20%
Michele Bachmann 14%
Herman Cain 9%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Ron Paul 4%
Rick Santorum 2%
Jon Huntsman 2%

This poll was done August 22-23 among 637 likely voters.

rp08orbust
08-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Ouch.

Agorism
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
This is why I preferred PPP to poll Kentucky rather than S.C. in their upcoming polls.

majinkoola
08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Magellan's strategy is to screw Ron Paul.

I know the polls are generally correct, but this particular company always underestimates Paul. I know SC is not a good state for him, but no way is he polling at pretty much what he got in 2008, when every other poll shows him doing better.

bluesc
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
In Iowa, these guys showed Ron 6-7% lower than the major pollsters had him. People say "don't ignore the polls like you did last time", I won't ignore Rasmussen, PPP, Gallup, ect. I'll wait till I see S.C. from one of those before I believe this.

James Madison
08-26-2011, 01:50 PM
What did you all expect? Ron has never done well in the south.

TheTyke
08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Magellan was the one that called Rand's huge lead... bizarre. But I guess since poll companies are rated for accuracy only in the final month, they can game the results as much as they want the rest of the time.

Billay
08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Magellan's strategy is to screw Ron Paul.

I know the polls are generally correct, but this particular company always underestimates Paul. I know SC is not a good state for him, but no way is he polling at pretty much what he got in 2008, when every other poll shows him doing better.

At what point to people stop with the conspiracy bullshit?

majinkoola
08-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Where did I say there was a conspiracy? Where? Nowhere, genius.

I'm saying I don't believe this particular polling company is accurate in their polling. Wow, what a conspiracy. So when Nate Silver ranks the pollsters, saying that some are more accurate than others, he must be a conspiracy theorist!

Dumb.

Billay
08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Where did I say there was a conspiracy? Where? Nowhere, genius.

I'm saying I don't believe this particular polling company is accurate in their polling. Wow, what a conspiracy. So when Nate Silver ranks the pollsters, saying that some are more accurate than others, he must be a conspiracy theorist!

Dumb.

Indicating that a poll is trying to screw Ron. A candidate who talks about legalizing drugs and against going to war is going to poll poorly in alot of southern states. Thats just the facts.

Brett85
08-26-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm about as "anti conspiracy" as you can possibly get, but it's very clear that this particular polling organization consistently has Ron lower than all the other polling organizations. They have Ron at 9% in Iowa, when all the other organizations have him at 16%. So you can basically add 7% to Ron's number here, and he's at 11% in South Carolina.