PDA

View Full Version : I need your help again guys (:

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Okay, so for those of you who don't know me, I'm Alexa (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rzCJDAwn0s

The big problem that I'm looking at, is that a lot of my videos for every monday will generate a lot of attention in the Ron Paul Community, but there is not one video that will really stick out more than the rest..I'm trying to come up with an idea for just one very well put together video that could attract hundreds of thousands of viewers, and that way, more people will find out about Ron Paul Mondays, and my channel!

What are your thoughts? and will you guys work together to come up with maybe two or three really strong Ideas, and tell me what you think about everyone else's ideas....

(:

Thank you guys so much!

matt0611
08-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I'll have to take some time to think about it and get back to you. But wow, +rep for doing this, sounds like a great idea. Subscribed as well.

specsaregood
08-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey, I'm just trying to help the cause.

Seriously dude; we don't need to be scaring her off.

Icymudpuppy
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Kissing booth for Paul?

To get a kiss they have to write a donation check to the campaign or show that they have already maxed out contributions.

Video tape the event, then edit for highlights.

Should be a good looking young man supporter too to get the cougar donations.

P.S. There aren't many supporter around here, so I have no chance of participating in this event.

dannno
08-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Seriously dude; we don't need to be scaring her off.

Kissing booth for Paul?

To get a kiss they have to write a donation check to the campaign or show that they have already maxed out contributions.

Video tape the event, then edit for highlights.

Should be a good looking young man supporter too to get the cougar donations.

P.S. There aren't many supporter around here, so I have no chance of participating in this event.

Geez.

My idea was at least ten times tamer, wasn't directed at the OP, and it got deleted. Not to mention it would have raised thousands of dollars for the campaign and promoted this specific cause. Sometimes I think my posts are judged not based solely on content.

Anyways, this won't work because RP supporters are spread too far across the country. And it's not promoting the Monday t-shirt cause.

Matthew5
08-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I subscribed as well! Arizona State has a "Be Bold, Wear Gold" campaign every Friday. In fact, I'm wearing my ASU shirt now at the office! haha So it can be a very effective idea.

As far as getting the word out, content is king, as they say in social media. So make sure you're consistent with updates! Make sure to include content with supporter's reactions, videos, and photos, it'll make everyone feel more connected.

Maybe you could do a "Where the hell is Matt?" style video and put together a montage of Ron Paul supporters showing off their swag in locations all across the globe? It seems like music (whether good or bad) plays a big part in videos. Maybe you could get a musically talented friend (or yourself, if you're so inclined) to write and record a Ron Paul Monday song?

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 01:08 PM
New Idea guys! And danno, message me your idea! I will be openminded, as I have no idea what you put, but if it is not as bad as the last poster, than I'm all ears! (:

Anyways. My idea is to break up the biggest issues that face America today, and then make a video about what I think, and how Ron thinks.......

For instance, I'd have a video on abortion, and then another video on gay marriage, or the war, or just whatever! (:

Icymudpuppy
08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Geez.

My idea was at least ten times tamer, wasn't directed at the OP, and it got deleted. Not to mention it would have raised thousands of dollars for the campaign and promoted this specific cause. Sometimes I think my posts are judged not based solely on content.

Anyways, this won't work because RP supporters are spread too far across the country. And it's not promoting the Monday t-shirt cause.

Your suggestion involved a certain amount of lewdness specifically referring to braless tits. Kissing is not lewd.

Icymudpuppy
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
New Idea guys! And danno, message me your idea! I will be openminded, as I have no idea what you put, but if it is not as bad as the last poster, than I'm all ears! (:

Anyways. My idea is to break up the biggest issues that face America today, and then make a video about what I think, and how Ron thinks.......

For instance, I'd have a video on abortion, and then another video on gay marriage, or the war, or just whatever! (:

Abortion, and gay marriage are two topics that are extremely divisive even amonst Paul supporters. I'd avoid those topics. Anti-war is a good topic, though. Especially make sure to include why his stance actually makes America stronger and more secure.

Chieppa1
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Well I don't have a camera on my computer. But I will be video-taping Ron Paul's visit to Webster Hall (again) in late Sept. Going to try to get some interviews of people while we stand in line. Oh, and that shit is on a Monday. So we'll have a couple hundred RP activists wandering NYC all day decked out in swag.

P.S. Who's in the NYC area? Webster Hall was the shit last time.

dannno
08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Your suggestion involved a certain amount of lewdness specifically referring to braless tits. Kissing is not lewd.

Wearing a shirt without a bra is not lewd either.

Plus that part was certainly not required, it was just a suggestion for greater success, none of it was directed at the OP, and god dammit, what's the point of posting that part if I can't get the rest of the idea up here??

I just thought some female Ron Paul supporter (not necessarily the OP) could auction off some shirts (different kind each week) that she wore personally in weekly videos promoting the weekly RP shirt-wearing theme to remind everyone and donate the proceeds to RevolutionPAC.

Chieppa1
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
This place is hilarious.

V3n
08-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I like the idea of breaking down issues of the day, doing some research on what Ron Paul has said on it, and a quick 2-5 minute report on his stance.

Or breaking down the Constitution, the Amendments, or history of either.

Even a Weekly News Update - "since last Monday these polls were released... Ron could be seen on these shows... RP issued a press release on Libya (expound)... This is what I've done for Ron Paul (talk about t-shirt Monday and your experience or however else you were politically active this week) end with 'so send me a video and let us know what you've done!'" -of course you wouldn't just be reading it flat like that - you'd use your own words and flare. :)

We could even keep a running thread each week of polls, appearances, etc.. in a clear bullet-ed list to help keep things straight.

I'll try to think of other things.

CaptainAmerica
08-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I volunteer DANNO to wear a big cape that says Ron Paul 2012 every friday.

eduardo89
08-26-2011, 01:30 PM
I volunteer DANNO to wear a big cape that says Ron Paul 2012 every friday.I propose dannno dresses up in a Ron Paul bra every Friday and does a video about an issue.

Sorry dannno, I promise this is the last time I pick on you.

ForLiberty2012
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey Alexa! I need your help as well! We have about 30 or so of us filming a speech, and wondered if you wanted to help out? (In need of more females for sure... want to keep our group diverse) Check out the thread here: here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311948-The-speech-that-will-change-the-election!). Thanks!

gerryb
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Abortion, and gay marriage are two topics that are extremely divisive even amonst Paul supporters. I'd avoid those topics. Anti-war is a good topic, though. Especially make sure to include why his stance actually makes America stronger and more secure.

+1
We need to concentrate on where we can pick up supporters without turning others off, when going to public forums like youtube.

Keep the concept of the Leesburg grid in mind when developing a messaging strategy; http://www.yourpatriot.com/Leesburg_Diagram.aspx

If anyone needs help developing a messaging strategy or creating Leesburg grid's for yourself or your cause, PM me.

dannno
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I volunteer DANNO to wear a big cape that says Ron Paul 2012 every friday.

That sounds more like your department ;)

CaptainAmerica
08-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I propose dannno dresses up in a Ron Paul bra every Friday and does a video about an issue.

rep + for humor

dannno
08-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I propose dannno dresses up in a Ron Paul bra every Friday and does a video about an issue.

Well surf season is coming up soon, I need to get in shape anyway. I'll see what I can do.

CaptainAmerica
08-26-2011, 01:42 PM
That sounds more like your department ;)Sometimes chancho..real men wear stretchy pants!

V3n
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Even a Weekly News Update - "since last Monday these polls were released... Ron could be seen on these shows... RP issued a press release on Libya (expound)... This is what I've done for Ron Paul (talk about t-shirt Monday and your experience or however else you were politically active this week) end with 'so send me a video and let us know what you've done!'" -of course you wouldn't just be reading it flat like that - you'd use your own words and flare. :)

We could even keep a running thread each week of polls, appearances, etc.. in a clear bullet-ed list to help keep things straight.

That's a really good idea V3n! Thanks for keeping this thread on track and not letting these jokers de-rail it. Here's a very committed young lady with the willingness to put herself 'out-there' for the cause of Liberty with the serious opportunity to reach tons of new folks! +rep

InTradePro
08-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Okay, so for those of you who don't know me, I'm Alexa (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rzCJDAwn0s

The big problem that I'm looking at, is that a lot of my videos for every monday will generate a lot of attention in the Ron Paul Community, but there is not one video that will really stick out more than the rest..I'm trying to come up with an idea for just one very well put together video that could attract hundreds of thousands of viewers, and that way, more people will find out about Ron Paul Mondays, and my channel!

What are your thoughts? and will you guys work together to come up with maybe two or three really strong Ideas, and tell me what you think about everyone else's ideas....

(:

Thank you guys so much!

Virals are from either incredible unique content(funny, cute, music, TV shows), coverage of a major event(tsunami) or lots of subscribers and facebook.
To get lots of subscribers quickly, laverage those channels with huge subscriber bases.

Talk to Philip DeFranco(sxephil (http://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil)), ask him for help, he is long time Ron Paul supporter and can give better advice then me. He can advise you but also he maybe(just maybe) willing to cover you on his show or do something collaborative with you, both of which would increase your coverage vastly.
There maybe some other tubers who would be open but start with sexy Phil as he is a Dr Paul supporter, with 1.7+ million subscribers and a helpful honest guy.
Don't forget facebook, a good idea is to post your fresh videos to all the Ron Paul facebook groups and people will share them if the video impresses, in that light you kinda want a viral video to be light hearted, so that people feel is can be shared without offening anyone - not a small order with political stuff. Lastly, timing can make all the difference, if you make and post a Ron Paul videos at the times of TV coverage(from debates) you'll find major increase in views both from Youtube, Facebook but also possible from Google if there is a suitable title.

BTW Why are you videos flipper/mirrored, same with the smiley :)

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 02:19 PM
That's a really good idea V3n! Thanks for keeping this thread on track and not letting these jokers de-rail it. Here's a very committed young lady with the willingness to put herself 'out-there' for the cause of Liberty with the serious opportunity to reach tons of new folks! +rep

I really like that idea! ! !

Steve-in-NY
08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I think that maybe trying to do one big thing wouldnt be as effective as many little things.

That is also a major point in creating a successful channel... keeping it updated.

May I suggest doing something small each week to promote or raise money for Ron Pauls campaign?
You could so a short video on each and urge others to do the same.

You could start REALLY small.

For example:
Do a video suggesting donating your loose change each month or something.
Maybe do a car wash with some friends, you can hold signs, or hand out flyers and donate the proceeds to the campaign.
Perhaps a "what did YOU do this week for Ron Paul?" kind of theme...

Just my 2 cents. Ultimately, Im pleased that you are supporting Paul, and if you have gotten a single person to buy a shirt from the campaign that otherwise would not have, you have already succeeded in my opinion.

Im also glad that you are trying to continue your momentum. Its best to strike while the irons hot!
Good luck!

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Also, I'm looking for ideas of the best shirt to order! (:

Matthew5
08-26-2011, 02:38 PM

Ditto, money is tight for me. Need the best bang for the buck. I'd like one polo (so I can wear it at work) and one T-shirt.

mmarshin
08-26-2011, 02:38 PM

I personally like the red "I support Ron Paul" shirts on his campaign website. As always, each purchase goes toward the campaign.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/t-shirts/official-i-support-ron-paul-t-shirt/

Chieppa1
08-26-2011, 02:42 PM

IMO, anything from RonPaulswag.com. Just has more style potential. Unless your looking for everyone to be more uniform, then the blue campaign T.

Romulus
08-26-2011, 02:42 PM

There's a link in my sig... I've added some girls shirts too... :)

Props to you for putting yourself out there and pro-active. Great job!

You could do video updates on the conversations that your Ron Paul T-shirts get you into.... I know I've had some interesting ones wearing mine out.

InTradePro
08-26-2011, 02:43 PM

I think that a two sided message is preferable, but how about trying a range of them. You could try some out, sign them Alexa for Ron Paul and resell them on ebay.

gerryb
08-26-2011, 02:43 PM

What are the top issues you support?

danda
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I agree that anti-war topic is a good one. More suitable for independents though.

"Ron Paul was right" about the economy is a good topic. The more we can hammer that home, the better. It plays well with conservatives, republicans. Show clips from 2002, 2003 of Ron Predicting the bubble, etc.

De-fang Gold Standard kookiness. Call it "sound money" or "honest money". I would like to see a video that clearly explains Ron's position on *competitive currencies* and going forward to a new honest money system. Should frame it as something new, not a return to what people regard as a failed gold standard (bi-metallism.) Point out that it is because the gov has a monopoly on money that they can do all the inflating, finance these wars, finance the welfare state, etc. The simple act of legalizing competitive currencies and removing taxation from precious metal sales would start us down the road to recovery. Truly, i think this is THE point people need to understand and is much more important than auditing or even ending the fed.

Brad Zink
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
How about a series of adventure videos?

You could go to different landmarks and interview the public. If it's edited sharply and has some entertainment value, the public could really become interested in your videos.

ronpaultag
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
De-fang Gold Standard kookiness. Call it "sound money" or "honest money". I would like to see a video that clearly explains Ron's position on *competitive currencies* and going forward to a new honest money system. Should frame it as something new, not a return to what people regard as a failed gold standard (bi-metallism.) Point out that it is because the gov has a monopoly on money that they can do all the inflating, finance these wars, finance the welfare state, etc. The simple act of legalizing competitive currencies and removing taxation from precious metal sales would start us down the road to recovery. Truly, i think this is THE point people need to understand and is much more important than auditing or even ending the fed.

+1

eaglesfan48
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Great great great great Job!!! Keep up the good work!!

purplechoe
08-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I would love to have something like this on a t-shirt...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/libertyprosperitypeace.jpg

danda
08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Here is a good overview and rationale for the free competition in currency act. This is really worth a video.

http://www.downsizedc.org/etp/honest-money/

Another one that might resonate with working people is the tax free tips act:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=41222

libertarian4321
08-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I watched her first video and had to chuckle a bit when she said "I wore this RP shirt for the first time and I can't believe how many reactions I got." I'm guessing a lot more reactions than most of us will ever get wearing a RP shirt. Probably because she's smoking hot, and the rest of us aren't.

Anyway, I'll wear one of my RP shirts on Monday. I try to wear them all the time when I'm out, except when I'm at work.

TIMB0B
08-26-2011, 05:17 PM

I think gay marriage is divisive for the repub primaries, but Paul's feelings on abortion shouldn't be. We have to get the religious right on board. But I don't know how we get the elderly on SS and Medicare. I don't think many of them watch youtube or even use the internet. I guess as someone else suggested, perhaps a little field reporting could help. Maybe this sounds like a loser, but how about going to a retirement center to spread his message? I don't know. It's the elderly that are being sold a bill of goods by the establishment, and we need to correct it.

speciallyblend
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM

hmmm i always thought bras were lewd and even painful!! FREE THE TA-TAs ,if it is good enough for breast cancer. Its good enough Ron Paul 2012!!!!

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Okay guys and girls! I think I have a really good official idea that blends a lot of really good ideas together. What if I made one video titled, "We the People" and under this video, I'll pledge to vote for Ron Paul in the republican primary, and why!

Like an official pledge to vote for Ron Paul video, and why you want to vote for them or what inspires you to vote for him, and that way EVERY Ron Paul supporter can participate! ....Kind of the same theme as, the beautiful "We the people" video.....then, after so many people send video responses, we could make a combined effort, and make some sort of montage film!

(: Ideas?

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 05:48 PM
And maybe we could get really well known Ron Paul supporters to make a video response to these videos! And Maybe the campaign could try and get a lot of people to make pledge videos!!

eduardo89
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
And maybe we could get really well known Ron Paul supporters to make a video response to these videos! And Maybe the campaign could try and get a lot of people to make pledge videos!!Awesome idea!

Let's get Tom Woods to post a reply lol

alexaforronpaul
08-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I want everyone to look at this youtube channel....

http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

That video got over 1,000 youtube responses, and I know that if they can, that the Ron Paul army can as well for a Ron Paul pledge to vote for him!

InTradePro
08-26-2011, 06:10 PM
I love the idea but it won't go viral and attract new people it will attract existing supporters and possibly some fence siters, that can be a good thing, but not the original intention of the thread.

Nate-ForLiberty
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
I want everyone to look at this youtube channel....

http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

That video got over 1,000 youtube responses, and I know that if they can, that the Ron Paul army can as well for a Ron Paul pledge to vote for him!

it's all about content, Alexa. "If you make it, they will come." Yes, there is some advertising involved. But in the end, if the mass of people want to spread it, they will. And if not, it's difficult to force it. The important thing to remember is that if it doesn't work the first time, you keep trying.

InTradePro
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
And maybe we could get really well known Ron Paul supporters to make a video response to these videos! And Maybe the campaign could try and get a lot of people to make pledge videos!!

+1

eduardo89
08-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Is it possible to give all my rep to Alexa? She deserves it way more than a rep-whore like me lol

wstrucke
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Something good to discuss might be the misconceptions about Ron Paul and clearly stating the truth -- there is already a site set up listing and debunking many of these by members of this forum: http://ronpaulmyths.com/

It's not live yet but AFAIK it should be up any day (or minute) now.

eduardo89
08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Something good to discuss might be the misconceptions about Ron Paul and clearly stating the truth -- there is already a site set up listing and debunking many of these by members of this forum: http://ronpaulmyths.com/

It's not live yet but AFAIK it should be up any day (or minute) now.Thats actually a great idea!

V3n
08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
alexaforronpaul - I don't think it really matters what you put out there - people will tune in - you'll have some hits and some misses - it may take several attempts until you hit on that one thing - that one magical concoction that goes viral and spreads like wild fire. Take whatever you can from this thread or what they say on youtube, and you just do you. Be you. Use your own voice and your own creativity and you cannot go wrong.

TIMB0B
08-26-2011, 11:30 PM

It's not live yet but AFAIK it should be up any day (or minute) now.

Yes, the important thing is spreading information about Ron Paul. Pledging to vote for him means didly, if people don't know why you are voting for him.

Nirvikalpa
08-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Seriously, how many damn times are you going to post this?

KingRobbStark
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Seriously, how many damn times are you going to post this?

This.

justinpagewood
08-27-2011, 03:00 AM

I'd have to plug my designs at www.ronpauldesigns.com and www.zazzle.com/ronpauldesigns for this T-shirt stuff.

Here's a photo of a member from our OC Ron Paul group wearing the shirt from our Zazzle store.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VqRPD4doK8E/TliyKhCyC3I/AAAAAAAABCk/pB1zypPVWKg/s1600/andrea+copy.jpg

eric_cartman
08-27-2011, 03:15 AM
i love the ron paul t-shirt monday's idea!!! even though i'm Canadian and i live in Toronto... i'll be wearing one of my 3 ron paul t-shirts every monday for sure

ptruthp34
08-27-2011, 03:19 AM
Hey everyone, first post.

Someone else already mentioned this, but I think a great idea would be to have someone record you interacting with the public... Like one of those skits where you walk around and stop random people and talk to them about Ron Paul. I think it would be really interesting to see how people react coming from a messenger such as yourself.

Ask people some open ended questions like: What does Liberty mean to you? How do you feel about the economy? Do you watch mainstream cable news? What do you know about Ron Paul? etc. Then you can try and explain to people what Ron Paul's stances are, debunk the misconceptions, or just get people really excited about:

1) The only candidate who accurately predicted the economic crisis and who knows how to fix it.
2) The only candidate that will end all of the wars and bring the troops home. The only real peace candidate.

Those are pretty basic concepts that people can rally around and shouldn't be too difficultt to convey to people in a short amount of time.

Maybe we can all pool together and send you a bunch of t-shirts to walk around and hand out to the people who you talk to and who respond well to the message. Post a video every week showing you interviewing the public, spreading the word, and handing out t-shirts. I bet it would inspire a lot of people!!!

Great job so far!

ptruthp34
08-27-2011, 03:31 AM
A few more ideas:

Once you get a few of these videos posted, we can try and get some of the youtube wizzes out there to splice together some of the interview answers, combine them with Ron Paul clips, and play some inspirational music during it to get people fired up by showing how Ron Paul's message resonates with the average American.

And now here's the key: in order to get a free t-shirt from you, the person has to go on camera and say "my name is ______ and I am voting for Ron Paul!" or something like that. Then the compliation video can end with a bunch of clips of people making those statements. That would be pretty powerful.

If it goes viral, you can start encouraging other people to do the same. In addition to the money bombs, we could organize a massive "t-shirt" bomb day where everyone goes out with 5 or 10 t-shirts, records themselves interacting with the public and giving out t-shirts to new supporters, and posts to youtube.

Tarzan
08-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Ditto, money is tight for me. Need the best bang for the buck. I'd like one polo (so I can wear it at work) and one T-shirt.

We just added a screen printed Polo to our collection (several Tees, other Styles & colors):

http://itstimeforronpaul.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20

eduardo89
08-28-2011, 08:37 AM
i love the ron paul t-shirt monday's idea!!! even though i'm Canadian and i live in Toronto... i'll be wearing one of my 3 ron paul t-shirts every monday for sureYeah I'm in Spain but I'll be doing the same. I'd have done it even if I was still living in Vancouver too.
There's a lot of Americans at my university, most doing semesters abroad. Sadly most of them are Harvard progressives...

Well, the important thing is I'll be doing my small part for Ron Paul (and Alexa ;) )