PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul should take Rick Perry to the woodshed" The Hill Article

jrice
08-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Ron Paul should take Rick Perry to the woodshed
By Brent Budowsky - 08/26/11 01:26 PM ET

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) should, and probably will, take Texas Gov. Rick Perry to the woodshed as America’s leading phony conservative flavor of the month, and launch the mother of all Ron Paul money bombs. While Ron Paul is an authentic libertarian Rick Perry, is a polyester political libertine who moves effortlessly from championing Al Gore to imitating Ron Paul.

While Ron Paul discusses monetary policy for 30 years, Rick Perry is a monetary parvenu who probably thinks QE2 is an ocean liner and descends to the gutter with language about the Fed that implies treason and appears to imply violence.

While Ron Paul is against deficit spending, Rick Perry has run up deficits in Texas. While Ron Paul abhors government programs, Rick Perry gobbled up Obama stimulus money like a rabbit in heat, and then used government programs to raise pay-for-play campaign dough with a gusto that would make former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich proud.

While Ron Paul raises money from real Americans who believe in his vision, Rick Perry raises money from special interests that exploit the kind of programs Paul opposes, which Perry pretends to oppose while holding fundraisers for government contractors.

While Ron Paul offers serious discussion of foreign policy, whether one agrees with Paul or not, Perry offers trite neocon platitudes that sound like leftovers from Dick Cheney speeches in which Perry appears hell-bent to find big wars for America to fight.

Ron Paul offers a choice between a genuine conservative libertarian versus a polyester political libertine. Ron Paul advocated his philosophy for more than a generation while Rick Perry shape-shifted from championing Al Gore to imitating Ron Paul, sounding like Dick Cheney, creating Texas deficits, gobbling up Obama stimulus cash and raising campaign dough from government contractors.

I am no conservative. Neither was George W. Bush. And neither is Rick Perry, who Ron Paul should take to the woodshed.

garyallen59
08-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Wow, nice article!

Napoleon's Shadow
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Is there a link?!!?

ItsTime
08-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Link?! Going to spread this one around.

BuddyRey
08-26-2011, 01:22 PM
This article must go viral. It simply must!

Plus, I learned a new word..."parvenu"! Me likey!

bluesc
08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Link: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/178379-ron-paul-should-take-rick-perry-to-the-woodshed

ItsTime
08-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Link: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/178379-ron-paul-should-take-rick-perry-to-the-woodshed

This has to go viral. Pure awesomeness!

ItsTime
08-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Hell half those lines should be used in a super pac ad

Guitarzan
08-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Pontius Perry, the Polyester Paul haha

Matthew5
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Awesome, I'll be saving and sharing this one. I'm shocked that Republicans like Perry so much...then I remember where the GOP has been the last decade.

afwjam
08-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Reddit.com Please upvote!
hxxp://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/jvfch/ron_paul_should_take_rick_perry_to_the_woodshed/

Ronpauljones
08-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Awesome, I'll be saving and sharing this one. I'm shocked that Republicans like Perry so much...then I remember where the GOP has been the last decade.

^ This

ItsTime
08-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Reddit.com Please upvote!
hxxp://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/jvfch/ron_paul_should_take_rick_perry_to_the_woodshed/

Up voted.

rawful
08-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Budowsky is a statist flake. He praises or writes a hit piece depending on which way the wind is blowing.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/economy-a-budget/176019-the-great-bipartisan-crash-of-2011
By Brent Budowsky - 08/09/11 09:49 AM ET

Ron Paul continues his effort to crash the world economy. The only change in recent days is proof positive that major players in both parties are acting as silly and irresponsibly as Dr. Paul. If anyone were foolish enough to follow Paul's advice and destroy any attempt to reach a bipartisan agreement through a committee, every rating agency would downgrade the U.S. The American and world economies and global markets would crash.

Those who parrot the Republican talking points about "Obama's downgrade" are trite, silly, irrelevant and ridiculous. Those who parrot the White House talking points about the "Tea Party downgrade" are equally trite, silly, irrelevant and ridiculous. In this season of silliness and danger to the nation, everyone is acting like Ron Paul.

Matthew5
08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Budowsky is a statist flake. He praises or writes a hit piece depending on which way the wind is blowing.

A blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. :D

Dlynne
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Love this! Lots of good Ron Paul press this week, it seems. There just may be some real changes afoot with the American public.

Aratus
08-26-2011, 04:13 PM
^ agreed ^ debra medina would have been a better governor!

purplechoe
08-26-2011, 05:07 PM
A blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. :D

A broken clock is right twice a day... :)

jason43
08-26-2011, 05:43 PM
If Ron gets the chance to engage Perry on any kind of economic issue, its game over for Perry. His support is based on Limbaugh and Hannity telling people he is the answer to Obama. The week it took him to get on top will be about the same amount of time it takes to go away again. The guy hasnt even done any interviews or debates... Has anyone heard him answer a real question?

scrosnoe
08-26-2011, 05:52 PM
http://r3publican.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bg_headhill.jpg?w=500&h=84

many good things about the article but what harms us (and is subtle) is the continuing effort on the Hill and quite frankly here as well is the attempt to paint him as a Libertarian. He is a Republican Congressman in good standing. This is a tactic by the Washington pundits that we must correct at every turn IF we are serious about the Republican Party nomination. I am sharing the link and the quote and correcting it inline as an Editor's note -- just as a suggestion for any interested:

Here is a link to the post just up on R3publicans >>> (http://r3publican.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/the-hill-ron-paul-should-take-rick-perry-to-the-woodshed-and-more/)

KEEF
08-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Drudge it up ya'll

FreedomProsperityPeace
08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
The guy hasnt even done any interviews or debates... Has anyone heard him answer a real question?He will on Sept. 5th, at Demint's Palmetto Freedom Forum. It sounds like a tough format too. He won't be able to pass himself off as a Tea Partier during this.

The forum, officially titled the "American Principles Project Palmetto Freedom Forum," will be fronted by DeMint, Iowa Rep. Steve King and Robert George, a conservative legal scholar and the founder of the American Principles Project.

Candidates will take turns fielding questions from the trio of panelists for roughly 20 minutes at a time.

According to organizers, candidates will be asked to "engage in a thoughtful, substantive discussion of their stances on critical issues facing our country."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/22/four-gop-candidates-sign-up-for-demint-presidential-forum/

jason43
08-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Id really like for Ron to point out that he was a Texas Republican when Perry tries to skate by with being a Democrat was what everyone was doing.

QE Is Theft
08-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I agree with the article's author.

I know Ron Paul is a political "gentleman" but politics is a nasty business.

Many people falsely believe Rick Perry is a true conservative.

Paul needs to call him out via Youtube and the MSM, and tell the American people what Perry really is.

A FAKE conservative.

Ronpauljones
08-26-2011, 10:36 PM
A broken clock is right twice a day... :)

Whats the saying in Texas? Everybody gets lucky sometimes.

Suzu
08-27-2011, 09:25 AM
If the article in the OP has actually been published at "The Hill", I have to wonder whether that site has any editors.

While Ron Paul is an authentic libertarian Rick Perry, is a polyester political libertine..."

The comma in this line belongs after "libertarian".

While Ron Paul discusses monetary policy for 30 years, Rick Perry is a monetary parvenu ..."

The grammatically correct way to write the above is "While Ron Paul has been discussing..."

Rick Perry gobbled up Obama stimulus money like a rabbit in heat...

What a strange turn of phrase, given that rabbits do not eat money, nor would they be more inclined to do so during estrus.

While Ron Paul raises money from real Americans who believe in his vision, Rick Perry raises money from special interests that exploit the kind of programs Paul opposes, which Perry pretends to oppose while holding fundraisers for government contractors.

Any reader, no matter how accustomed to lengthy and complex sentences, is going to wince with the above. It would read much better in three sentences rather than one. I would have written: "While Ron Paul raises money from real Americans who believe in his vision, Rick Perry raises it from special interests. Those special interests exploit the kind of programs Paul opposes. Perry pretends to oppose the special interests, yet his campaign holds fundraisers for government contractors."

While Ron Paul offers serious discussion of foreign policy, whether one agrees with Paul or not, Perry offers trite neocon platitudes that sound like leftovers from Dick Cheney speeches in which Perry appears hell-bent to find big wars for America to fight.

As written, the above appears to be saying that Dick Cheney gives speeches about Rick Perry's urge to start more wars. Heck, maybe he does, for all I know....

Ron Paul offers a choice between a genuine conservative libertarian versus a polyester political libertine.

The above line needs a comma after "genuine".

WilliamC
08-27-2011, 09:32 AM
And I thought I was picky when it came to grammar!

It is sad to see how little attention supposedly professional writers pay to their craft in these days of email and texting.

Why did you know they don't even teach cursive writing in school anymore?

Not that I actually remember exactly how to write in cursive anymore...