PDA

View Full Version : How 'new' is Ron Paul?

The Magic Hoof
08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm still learning stuff about politics every day. I was never interested in politics because I could always smell a liar from a mile a way, and since the time that I was a child I noticed that both the left and the right were full of it. I never thought I'd be registered to vote since I never trusted either side...... and then I discovered Ron in 2007 or so.

Ok so, Ron has been painted as being this radical extremist with these weird ideas, kind of like we've never heard of any of this before. As I learn, I think I'm noticing how much that what Ron is saying isn't some new idea, but rather an OLD idea. When he brings up his points, he's most-like the founding fathers. And my theory as to why people dislike him a lot is because they're unfamiliar with what he's saying and THINK that it's some 'new' revolution that Ron started himself.

Maybe it's that we've drifted so far from what we used to have that once someone tries to go back to the old school, we paint them as being radical since we're not used to that these days?

WilliamC
08-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Raudsarw
08-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Freedom is a young idea. That a man has inalianable rights, that might does NOT make right, that is a fresh concept in comparison to the statism we face. America was the first experiment in individual liberty, and it was a remarkable success. We're giving that away for some reason.

iamse7en
08-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes Ron's ideas are not new. He champions the principles of liberty, and you'll notice that he sounds very much like many of the original founders. We have gone astray from the principles of liberty and Ron is trying to bring them back.

Raudsarw
08-26-2011, 10:48 AM
The ideas of the statists aren't new. "Do as I say or else" has been been the philosophy that has dominated since the birth of the state over 5000 years ago. "Live and Let live" is fairly new and untested, but its time will come.