PDA

View Full Version : How to Fundraise and Campaign for your Local Meetup?

Memphis4Ron
08-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Hey guys,
We're looking into buying campaign slimjims in bulk but first need to raise money.

Any tips on:

1.) How to raise money in a meetup

2.) The most efficient way to spend such funds (buy those packs of slim jims? Make our own?)

RonPaul101.com
08-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the forum,

Raising money is easy so long as you don't need to raise much and are trusted among your RP meetup community. Start a meetup, and maybe make it a 'working lunch' on a weekend and charge $5~$10 a person as a cost for lunch. You'll need to feed these folks lunch and the "working" part can be to discuss the best way to use the proceeds of the day to support RP locally.

I prefer to purchase all my stuff from the official campaign. I know they are NOT the cheapest, ever; but I want to support them by letting them have the profit from this stuff whenever I can (instead of some dot com store). Plus, I've never seen campaign material that looked nicer or more professional then the stuff from ronpaul2012.com. I hate that Vista Print crap, I think it makes us supporters look second rate. (Just my opinion)

belian78
08-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Well, the thing about buying from the campaign store is that it counts as a personal donation. Not only that, but as I just recently found out, they put a 5 day hold on your card. So other peoples money would be donated under another persons name. Not only that, but if its a large purchase, that's a lot of funds to be held for 5 days. Buying from the campaign store could be organized and different things could be purchased by each member.

However info packets, tables at fairs and festivals, promotional fliers, screening of 'For Liberty'.... These things and many other initiatives could be paid for by pooling money together.

gerryb
08-26-2011, 12:32 PM
You shouldn't need too many funds. To get a tabling operation set up will cost about $250 for all of the material. Most people will be willing to contribute if you have tabling events scheduled and plan to staff them. There was just a good thread about this here, search for orange county tabling.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
www.ChipIn.com is the best resource for raising money.