PDA

View Full Version : NH GOP chairman: "He's gone"

Agorism
08-25-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/25/new-hampshire-state-chairman_n_936784.html

One other executive committee member not named in the letter told HuffPost he will vote to remove Kimball, and another Republican source not on the committee said he knew of three additional committee members who have committed to vote for Kimball's removal, bringing the total number of votes to at least 25 and possibly 26.

"He's gone. There's no doubt about it. None of those people are going to change their vote," said the committee member.

Kimball has so far refused to resign, and on Thursday he strode defiantly into a mid-morning press conference in Manchester to defend himself. He said what some of his supporters have been threatening for a few days now: His ouster would cause a permanent rift between Tea Party activists in the state and the Republican establishment and would "damage the party."

Agorism
08-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Can the Paul campaign hire him?

mit26chell
08-25-2011, 08:34 PM
anyone care to fill me in on this?

Anti Federalist
08-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I've read all these articles about how the NH GOP is going to run him off, but I've yet to determine, through the muddy fog of words that passes for journalism these days, what, precisely, they are running him off for.

Clue a brother in somebody...

TexMac
08-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Here's what politico says:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62066.html

Kimball’s just seven months into his chairmanship, but committee members are pummeling him for lackluster fundraising, local special elections defeats and signing a petition to place the Libertarian Party on the 2012 ballot. The party witnessed one of its bank accounts depleted to just $1,300, and last week Kimball fired party executive director Will Wrobleski after he refused to step down. Republicans complain that Kimball has done little to build relationships with party officials and activists.
Kimball’s victory in January over the party’s establishment candidate — backed by former Gov. John Sununu — was celebrated as a victory for tea party activists. He won by just 23 votes, 222-199.
The Dover small business owner got his start in politics in 2009 when he founded the tea party group Granite State Patriots Liberty PAC.

Hmm, establishment vs Tea Party? But, which Tea Party?

Agorism
08-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I've read all these articles about how the NH GOP is going to run him off, but I've yet to determine, through the muddy fog of words that passes for journalism these days, what, precisely, they are running him off for.

If they're trying to run him off, that must mean he's good.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Seem kind of Michelle Bachmannish religious:

http://gsplpac.com/

FSP-Rebel
08-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Kimball is closet Ron Paul, why else the civil war in the NH GOP? Raising money is a must but the nationals must realize Kimball is not going to butter their bread. Kimball really represents the "Live free or die" attitude.

CaptainAmerica
08-25-2011, 08:51 PM
:mad: this infuriates me!

orenbus
08-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Hmm, establishment vs Tea Party? But, which Tea Party?

LoL this made me laugh, it's crazy we have to think like this now adays but I know what you mean.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Just looking at his PAC website, it doesn't look like they are Ron Paul people.

libertybrewcity
08-25-2011, 09:30 PM

he couldn't raise money for the party.

LibertyEagle
08-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Seem kind of Michelle Bachmannish religious:

http://gsplpac.com/

Huh? The Mission Statement seems pretty aligned with Ron Paul's beliefs.

Just looking at his PAC website, it doesn't look like they are Ron Paul people.

What specifically are you having a problem with on his website? I see nothing in there that indicates his PAC is counter to Ron Paul at all. Maybe you are talking about some of the articles. I'm still checking them out.

SpicyTurkey
08-25-2011, 09:42 PM
If he's on our side, then we should plan a fundraiser.

bluesc
08-25-2011, 09:45 PM

Absolutely. We need NH. I'm positive the guy that will replace him will not be so friendly to liberty.

The question is: Is it too late?

LibertyEagle
08-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Ugh. This article is depressing. http://www.wbur.org/2011/08/15/perry-nh

LibertyEagle
08-25-2011, 09:47 PM

He's tea party, but that doesn't necesarily mean he's for Paul. It is yet to be determined whether he has drunk the Perry kool-aid.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Huh? The Mission Statement seems pretty aligned with Ron Paul's beliefs.

What specifically are you having a problem with on his website? I see nothing in there that indicates his PAC is counter to Ron Paul at all. Maybe you are talking about some of the articles. I'm still checking them out.

Aren't the 9/12 Projects that Glenn Beck thing?

TexMac
08-25-2011, 09:56 PM
They're having a Help Us Save Israel Rally - "We will be screening Glenn Beck’s Restoring Courage Rally from Israel beginning at 8 PM. Bring a blanket!"

Tinnuhana
08-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Yup...9/12 = Beck. Was he leaning any way in the primary? Seems like the lack of fundraising and the depletion of the fund might have more to do with things than his affiliations. There are other liberty people with lots of pull in NH that aren't catching this sort of flak. Not making excuses for the party people trying to run him off, but I wouldn't want to come to any conclusions without knowing a lot more about the situation.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 10:11 PM
The NH Union Leader has a whole page of details of what the fight was about. Looks like it's chronological with the latest developments first.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110824/NEWS0602/707289999

morely webb
08-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Fundraising and National GOP Support
Lack of fund-raising ability is one of the main reasons the GOP leaders in New Hampshire have said they want to oust Jack Kimball. The Tea Party helped the NH GOP to win strong control of the legislature in 2010, and Kimball became NH GOP Chairman in January 2011. Yet the record shows that the national GOP has given Kimball and the NH GOP no financial support at all this year, compared to previous years:

Transfers from the Republican National Committee to the NH State Republican Committee:
2007 $ 56,440
2008 $816,033
2009 $227,684
2010 $324,455
2011 $ ZERO

The $100,000 Offer
“(Kimball) … confirmed he'd been visited by New Hampshire House Speaker William O'Brien and Republican activist Jennifer Horn, who sought his resignation and told him the Republican Governors Association was prepared to donate $100,000 to state GOP coffers if he resigned.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/25/3097910/nh-gop-chair-tea-party-activist.html#ixzz1W8ca4AB9

On August 10, William O'Brien was in San Antonio, Texas for the National Conference of State Legislators and met with Rick Perry. Perry was head of the Republican Governors Conference until he announced his candidacy for President on August 13. Did O'Brien make the $100,000 offer from the Republican Governors Association on behalf of Rick Perry?

mosquitobite
08-26-2011, 07:20 AM
ha - so the national Republicans stopped donating and then blasted him for lack of being able to raise funds. Sounds typical.

Here in my county our local tea party leader was the head of the Republican Womens Club. They ousted her with a blindside at a meeting.

It really does look like it's going to come to a split in the party because the Republicans are too thick in the head to see the forest through the trees!

Cowlesy
08-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Lack of fund-raising ability is one of the main reasons the GOP leaders in New Hampshire have said they want to oust Jack Kimball. The Tea Party helped the NH GOP to win strong control of the legislature in 2010, and Kimball became NH GOP Chairman in January 2011. Yet the record shows that the national GOP has given Kimball and the NH GOP no financial support at all this year, compared to previous years:

Transfers from the Republican National Committee to the NH State Republican Committee:
2007 $ 56,440
2008 $816,033
2009 $227,684
2010 $324,455
2011 $ ZERO

The $100,000 Offer
“(Kimball) … confirmed he'd been visited by New Hampshire House Speaker William O'Brien and Republican activist Jennifer Horn, who sought his resignation and told him the Republican Governors Association was prepared to donate $100,000 to state GOP coffers if he resigned.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/25/3097910/nh-gop-chair-tea-party-activist.html#ixzz1W8ca4AB9

On August 10, William O'Brien was in San Antonio, Texas for the National Conference of State Legislators and met with Rick Perry. Perry was head of the Republican Governors Conference until he announced his candidacy for President on August 13. Did O'Brien make the $100,000 offer from the Republican Governors Association on behalf of Rick Perry?

Nowww it makes sense. This guy who may be sympathetic to traditional conservatives (ie Ron Paul conservatives) gets in charge of the party, at RNC's Mordor-on-the-Potomac office cuts off the money to squeeze him out.

Yep, makes perfect sense now.

BUSHLIED
08-26-2011, 07:36 AM
After the tea-party smack-down of 2010, the establishment has reorganized...the battle for the GOP continues...we have to continue to knock off establishment candidates in the primary again...as if they didn't get the message in 2010.

JoshLowry
08-26-2011, 07:43 AM

2007 $ 56,440
2008 $816,033
2009 $227,684
2010 $324,455
2011 $ ZERO

The $100,000 Offer

Post more! ;)

mtmedlin
08-26-2011, 07:48 AM
We could make a counter argument that if he pledges support for Ron Paul and endorses him we will raise him $100,000. The New Hampshire GOP doesnt stand a chance against the RP fundraising machine!

erowe1
08-26-2011, 08:16 AM

To the NH GOP?

Count me out. I'll donate to PAC's and individuals I support. But I won't give my money to have it get donated to help some establishment guy beat one of ours in a primary.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Someone should look him up on OpenSecrets.org and see who he has donated to in the past

Cowlesy
08-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Ron Paul could host an online fundraiser for the NH GOP if and only if the saber-rattling stops by the establishment-types. Carrot and stick.

specsaregood
08-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Ron Paul could host an online fundraiser for the NH GOP if and only if the saber-rattling stops by the establishment-types. Carrot and stick.

Better yet, to specific candidates in NH. There is no way I will ever give a dime to the GOP, but I'm more than happy to give to candidates with similar views.

erowe1
08-26-2011, 08:31 AM

I'd consider that. But I don't think they'd do it unless they had an Ace up their sleeves. And when it comes to winning the battles of backroom deals, the advantage is theirs.

I think the way to go is more to make public what's going on and show conservative activists that their party is getting stolen from them. Get more people who haven't realized it before to say to the party, "After seeing what you just did, you'll never get another dime from me." And make sure pressure is put on party leaders down to the county level to distance themselves from the national leadership.

mosquitobite
08-26-2011, 08:49 AM
We could make a counter argument that if he pledges support for Ron Paul and endorses him we will raise him $100,000. The New Hampshire GOP doesnt stand a chance against the RP fundraising machine!

I love this idea. Many are tapped out on max campaign contributions to Dr Paul, but if we start asking for endorsements and money flows to those people - many many more candidates will "get it".

You're right - the GOP at the LOCAL level cannot beat the RP fundraising machine. They might be able to nationally, but if we force them to work more locally in EVERY locality...

erowe1
08-26-2011, 08:53 AM
You're right - the GOP at the LOCAL level cannot beat the RP fundraising machine.

I'm pretty sure they can with ease.

mosquitobite
08-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Not if we concentrate our efforts to those to whom the establishment GOP is being hostile.

erowe1
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Not if we concentrate our efforts to those to whom the establishment GOP is being hostile.

If you mean concentrate our nationwide movement against a local party, then sure. But as Morely Webb's post showed, what we would be up against would not be just the local party. Their local funding would beat our local funding, and their outside funding would beat our outside funding.

speciallyblend
08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
sad but the more i read rpf . The more i realize the gop will elect obama(D) or obama(R) before they elect a Real Republican!!!!!!Ron Paul 2012 , sounds like i will be supporting a 3rd party!!

lucky_bg
08-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they can with ease.

Sadly, this is true... :(

TexMac
09-01-2011, 08:10 PM
So, now he's really gone.

Jack Kimball resigns as NHGOP chair (http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110901/NEWS06/110909988)

low preference guy
09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Jack Kimball resigns as NHGOP chair (http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110901/NEWS06/110909988)

I guess that's what happens if you're not part of the big government establishment.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2011, 08:24 PM

I think it is way past time for us to rattle our own sabres and put the GOP machine on notice:

"We (meaning RP people) represent a large voting bloc within the GOP now. You have two choices: unite behind Ron Paul and we come in for the big win or, place another establishment tool at the top of the ticket, in which case, we walk and you get another four years of Obama. Our bloc is enough to sway this election."

Now, at the upper levels, nobody will give a shit, since both parties are playing for the same team, Obama, Perry, Romney, it's all the same to them.

But that threat might be enough to give mid level apparatchiks and rank and file of the GOP, consternation and move them in the right direction.

Of course, that assumes that we keep our own people from crimping and folding.

FSP-Rebel
09-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I think it is way past time for us to rattle our own sabres and put the GOP machine on notice:

"We (meaning RP people) represent a large voting bloc within the GOP now. You have two choices: unite behind Ron Paul and we come in for the big win or, place another establishment tool at the top of the ticket, in which case, we walk and you get another four years of Obama. Our bloc is enough to sway this election."

Now, at the upper levels, nobody will give a shit, since both parties are playing for the same team, Obama, Perry, Romney, it's all the same to them.

But that threat might be enough to give mid level apparatchiks and rank and file of the GOP, consternation and move them in the right direction.

Of course, that assumes that we keep our own people from crimping and folding.
*Raises glass. I think NH has enough activists to make it right. The FSP has induced more blood at the right time to keep the NH GOP where it should be, speaking of the legislature. Time to take the party back from the Romney-Perry glazers that want a good conservative head mount over whatever else. The NH GOP seemed to me (overall as far as activists) like self-aggrandizing country clubbers that want to mingle amongst the betters but who also follow the lead and a guy like RP isn't pushed as much by the leaders. Working at the HQ in Concord was enough to give me that drift. Any thoughts?

tremendoustie
09-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I think what you're describing is what will go down, AF, whether they realize it, and whether it's formalized or not.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I think what you're describing is what will go down, AF, whether they realize it, and whether it's formalized or not.

I, for one, will be following that strategy.

It's Ron Paul in 2012 for me or nothing.

There is no one in the current GOP stable, that has even considered running, that I would get behind.

Anti Federalist
09-01-2011, 09:26 PM
*Raises glass. I think NH has enough activists to make it right. The FSP has induced more blood at the right time to keep the NH GOP where it should be, speaking of the legislature. Time to take the party back from the Romney-Perry glazers that want a good conservative head mount over whatever else. The NH GOP seemed to me (overall as far as activists) like self-aggrandizing country clubbers that want to mingle amongst the betters but who also follow the lead and a guy like RP isn't pushed as much by the leaders. Working at the HQ in Concord was enough to give me that drift. Any thoughts?

I concur.

There is definitely the blue blood crowd that does not care for us scruffy upstarts.