PDA

View Full Version : Reagan Speech Ready for Video Editors Here!

LBT
11-04-2007, 03:32 AM
Video editors who want to use clips from Ronald Reagan's classic 1964 speech "A Time for Choosing" can get the best of that speech, in .wmv format here: I collected the bits that are similar to the positions of Ron Paul.

UPDATE!!!
http://www2.sendthisfile.com/d.jsp?t=taXbF04BB7dghL89Da2oyetT ALL DOWNLOADS USED!!!

Use this URL:
http://download.yousendit.com/8EA45FE23B73E83C

Should last at least 30 downloads.
...and it is .wmv file. So you may need to add that to the file name.

30mb 10 mins of video.

I'm not sure how many downloads can be made from that site, so if someone can host it, that would be great.

Here is the youtube version of the edited bits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STLR6tFP4S4

LBT
11-04-2007, 04:06 AM
I've been thinking for a while, that the Ron Paul revolution would get a massive burst of publicity and communication if we had a video editors portal.

This portal would collect a big range of video and photographic images relevant to the Ron Paul campaign, including all TV appearances. These would be in .wmv , avi or mpeg format for easy editing, and would be tagged clearly for relevance such as 'constitution', 'global warming', 'talk shows' etc etc so that video producers can quickly source relevant materials and put together inspirational videos.

At the moment, it is a very slow process to find relevant clips, to download them, to convert them and then to edit and save them. Editors are repeating each other's work.

If someone can host this site I for one am willing to work on clipping video segments by category and collecting new videos to be uploaded. I'd even chipin for the hosting costs.

This would really be a powerful resource for the Ron Paul revolution. Within hours of debates, great videos could be put out debunking claims by media, Giuliani, Hillary etc.

So could someone with a little hosting / programming skill set up a site that would allow various editors such as myself to organize, collect and upload clips that we all could share as source materials for new videos?

Mortikhi
11-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Its already reached its maximum allowable downloads :(

LBT
11-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Its already reached its maximum allowable downloads :(
wow, I thought sendthisfile.com would allow more downloads.

I'm currently uploading to yousendit.com Will take about 30 mins.

I tried to upload the file to one of my blogs but it wouldn't take the 30 mb.

Can anyone recommend a better hosting service?

Mark
11-04-2007, 07:01 AM
wow, I thought sendthisfile.com would allow more downloads.

I'm currently uploading to yousendit.com Will take about 30 mins.

I tried to upload the file to one of my blogs but it wouldn't take the 30 mb.

Can anyone recommend a better hosting service?

I downloaded it ...but it was a html file??

I tried upload to my hosting account.. didn't work..

I can't even open the file.. it's just gibberish...

it's a 30 mb file.. why is it am 'html' file???

Aren't they audio or video files??

Shouldn't.. it/they.. be/be a.. designated a 'media file type'??

Like.. mp3.. mpg.. ect??

LBT
11-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I downloaded it ...but it was a html file??

I tried upload to my hosting account.. didn't work..

I can't even open the file.. it's just gibberish...

it's a 30 mb file.. why is it am 'html' file???

Aren't they audio or video files??

Shouldn't.. it/they.. be/be a.. designated a 'media file type'??

Like.. mp3.. mpg.. ect??

I've no idea why it came up as an html file. It is a .wmv file. You could try renaming it if you got the whole 30mb like that.

I'll have a new download link ready in 5 minutes and then update my post above.

Mark
11-04-2007, 07:10 AM
I've no idea why it came up as an html file. It is a .wmv file. You could try renaming it if you got the whole 30mb like that.

I'll have a new download link ready in 5 minutes and then update my post above.

I was able to open it in windows media player.. but.. it downloaded as a .htm file

I renamed.. changed the program it opens with.. but.. it's still an .htm file..

I DO have it all (30 mb)

but.. I'm not sure if I can change the original 'file type'...

p.s.

I even opened the file in notepad and tried to change the extention (.htm).. but.. it didn't work..

it'll play in windows media player..
but a warning is given that the media player doesn't support such files and may not'play properly..

BTW.. I'm going to create a forum (like here) that people can discuss
all these subjects.. ect..

p.s.s.

well.. I figured out how to change the file extention to '.wmv'.. but.. media player won't open at all now
because.. it says.. the "file format doesn't match the extention"...

it WILL open in media player with the original extention... still get the warning though..

LBT
11-04-2007, 07:20 AM
5 mins later....here is the new link.

LBT
11-04-2007, 07:27 AM
I was able to open it in windows media player.. but.. it downloaded as a .htm file

I renamed.. changed the program it opens with.. but.. it's still an .htm file..

I DO have it all (30 mb)

but.. I'm not sure if I can change the original 'file type'...

p.s.

I even opened the file in notepad and tried to change the extention (.htm).. but.. it didn't work..

it'll play in windows media player..
but a warning is given that the media player doesn't support such files and may not'play properly..

BTW.. I'm going to create a forum (like here) that people can discuss
all these subjects.. ect..

That's weird, but I haven't done much file sharing like this. Might just be a bug with sendthisfile.com

Yeah, we really need a central hub for video editors to cooperate and save each other a lot of work. Nothing promotes ideas like videos and videos can be pumped out quickly and with good quality with a great resource library and a community video geeks helping each other.

Mark
11-04-2007, 07:32 AM

ok.. got it as a .wmv file now! :)

will upload.. last time I did it took about 10 minutes or so..

Thanks brother..

we'll get it all together... Patriots don't quit... "liberty or death"... ;)

p.s.

Just uploaded it.. doesn't show in the file :confused:

trying again..

Mark
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Okay.... I won't bore you with the frustrating details.. :p

however... it's 'hosted' now.. :cool:

'right click_save as' to download.. or..

click the link below to download the 30MB file to play..
(please try to avoid doing so in order to save my download bandwidth)

#################################

PLEASE.. if you just want to watch it.. use Youtube.. thanks..

"Here is the youtube version of the edited bits."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STLR6tFP4S4

####################################

Link to... 'right click_save as'... NOTE: (large file) 30MB file size

http://www.revmark.org/files/reagan/rc.wmv

p.s. I'll now start working on creating a forum for the new "Ron Paul Multimedia Workshop"

LBT
11-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks Mark! :)
-----------------

As Mark said, use the download link in the first post of this thread until that runs out. Should have 30+ downloads before it eats up yousendit.com's 1 gig monthly limit.

Hope this helps some editors put together a nice compilation of similar soundbites between Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan.

goldenequity
11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for this.....been wanting to host/stream this clip.
randy :)

Mark
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM

Okay.. my first 'real' forum.. :cool:

Ready to go.. :)

Please Begin Creating... Multimedia People!!

I'm not a 'multimedia guy or guru'.. however..

please promote this forum to ALL who ARE..

as a place to coordinate efforts.. thanks..

http://www.revmark.org/pmf/

p.s.

My hosting account is paid-up for a year.. so.. if I die tomorrow..
it should still be avaiable for a year.. :p :D :rolleyes:

Mortikhi
11-04-2007, 10:21 AM
5 mins later....here is the new link.

niiiice.

Thanks so much.

I tried to get that speech from google video, but the download would die around 8mb

tangent4ronpaul
11-05-2007, 01:28 AM

Okay.. my first 'real' forum.. :cool:

Ready to go.. :)

Please Begin Creating... Multimedia People!!

I'm not a 'multimedia guy or guru'.. however..

please promote this forum to ALL who ARE..

as a place to coordinate efforts.. thanks..

http://www.revmark.org/pmf/

p.s.

My hosting account is paid-up for a year.. so.. if I die tomorrow..
it should still be avaiable for a year.. :p :D :rolleyes:

Hi Mark,

your timing is horrible! A couple of us have been exploring rolling out something similar in the next week or two but with a wider focus. You also seem to have issues with mass storage and perhaps bandwidth.

For the record, I established the group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RonPaulVideoPosters/

on March 5th, 2007 and tried to "sell" it to the video poster community. It never really caught on, but there is some very good material in early posts.

I saw the need for a larger file storage/transfer area as yahoo only gives you 100MB total. Through another supporter website, I arranged for a 4GB file transfer area that I believe is still in operation. Details are in the intro to that group. If it's not, you can contact me and I'll talk to the webmaster. We were also using that for the rotating banner ad project.

We were looking at tracking down video posters in order to get access to raw, uncompressed, video footage for the intended audiences of: people making Ron Paul video's for Youtube/Google video/etc, those making broadcast quality TV commercials and people putting together Ron Paul DVD's.

The quality of clips captured from YouTube when displayed on a TV is not good - it pixilates (gets fuzzy) badly!

We were also planning to have a forum and host DVD downloads via FTP and torrents. I believe the programmer is already working on the front end to glue the torrents and other software together. Hosting other material, like graphics and flyers was also being considered.

To do this, we were looking at a devoted server with 250GB+ disk storage, no transfer limitations, a fast processor, large pipe and 2-4GB RAM. It ain't cheap! I was willing to pay for the first 2-3 months and then if chipin didn't cover it, it would go away. It's still a fairly large $ commitment for 2-3 months.

I normally operate by finding an idea, developing it, doing it, promoting it, hoping it catches on (sometimes it does, sometimes not - bad idea, or too soon), then finding someone that is active and GOOD in the field to run it so I can spin it off and look for something else to do. Checking in only occasionally, so I can get it back on track, if needed and in extreme cases find a new person to run the project.

You are a conundrum. This is the first time I've considered spending some substantial $ on a project - especially a project that has failed before. But we are A LOT bigger now, and hopefully ready to do this. I would not mind at all NOT spending that money and effort! Letting you run with it. At the same time, basic forum - maybe. The support to other communities/projects, I don't think you can pull it off. Storrage/bandwidth I also only see you posting here. You REALLY have to work the networks if you have any hope. We are a very distributed community. You need to track and contact individual vloggers. u need to broadcast that to all major forums and follow that up. I don't see you doing that. We see a common problem and a common(?) ideal solution to this. Lets talk and maybe work together.

thanks,

-n

Mark
11-05-2007, 02:01 AM

Hey tangent4ronpaul..

I'm just waking up (took a nap after promoting Nov5th all day/weekend)
so.. my brain is still sleepy.. but I wanted to touch base quickly for now..

Actually.. it was "LBT"'s idea/thoughts about the Reagan clips that got me
thinking about the dedicated forum (I just joined your Yahoo group btw)

So.. by no means.. am I 'claiming' this idea or 'insisting' (at all)
that it's has to be done through the new forum..

LBT just needed a place to 'host' his Reagan '.wmv' file.. so.. I offered space
through my fairly new hosting account.

Although.. I'm not sure what you meant by 'limited' storage/bandwidth..
the account does have 300GB of storage/space and 3000GB bandwidth/month.. (quite a bit for $3.95/month)

however.. it IS 'shared' hosting and NOT a dedicated server like you mentioned..

however.. it's already 'paid-up' for a year.. and CHEAP.. ($3.95/month.. )

But PLEASE.. let me be clear in my 'still sleepy' state.. ;)

I'm ALL for coordination ect.. and.. it sounds like you have things underway..

this new forum through my hosting account was just a.. 'need one/I have one'.. thing..

If nothing else.. I can host LOTS of files with 300GB of space..
and DL's would be a LOT faster than a torrent ect..

But yeah.. let's talk and I'm SURE we can fiqure out what to do..

you know.. I've never created a 'forum' before to admin.. so..
I'm just learning and 'experts' are MORE THAN WELCOME.. :p

No egos here Brother..

I just want THE BEST for Dr Paul and the campaign and our combined
'grassroots' efforts.. whichever method it is... :)

You know.. I just had never heard of anyone else doing something similiar.. so..
I just went ahead and did it..

But please don't worry.. I darn sure don't mind a better way..

"We'll talk".. lol

peace.. always.. AND ON TO VICTORY!!!