PDA

View Full Version : CNN looking for editors!

newmedia4ron
11-04-2007, 03:22 AM
http://anonym.to/?http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/11/03/the-best-political-team-wants-you/

lasenorita
11-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Bwahahaha. It'd be awesome if the associate editor they select is a Ron Paul supporter. :D

I'd apply but alas! I don't have the 'strong news writing ability and experience covering politics' they require. I'll pass the message along to others though. Thanks for the info! :)

dude58677
11-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Posting Job Title Producer I, Situation Room
TimeWarner Division Turner Broadcasting
Location United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Requisition # 90430BR
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description Qualifications: Two to five years editorial research and reporting on politics, the internet, and international affairs. Strong electronic research skills. Strong knowledge of the political process, political history, international affairs, and Washington. Strong reporting skills. Extensive contacts in the political and policy community are desirable.

Solid communications skills, knowledge of the political process, detailed knowledge of political leaders (past and present), global news awareness, and outstanding organizational skills are all a must.

Bachelors degree required, liberal arts preferred with educational background in political science, history, and international affairs.

Duties: The position will be producing on-air segments for the Situation Room relating to the internet. The producer will work directly with Abbi Tatton on multiple internet segments per day. The position demands someone who loves politics, and is an avid internet user/blog reader. The position requires someone who can enterprise story ideas, knows good television and can manage the most sensitive scripts through the editorial process. Familiarity with graphics production, package production, and video servers is vital.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.

Mr. White
11-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Extensive contacts in the political and policy community are desirable.

says it all.

Corydoras
11-04-2007, 09:12 AM

says it all.

Sad, sad, sad.
:mad:

rodent
11-04-2007, 10:28 AM

says it all.

I think I'll apply anyway. I'm unemployed.

Maybe I can infiltrate the system. I live in New York, too.

Oops. I can't apply. This one is in DC. Bummer.

constituent
11-04-2007, 10:31 AM
i would apply, but got an error page on the CNN site. :(

guess it's not meant to be.

BuddyRey
11-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Bachelors degree required.

To Hell with academic elitism! :mad: I've had enough schooling to know that there's an apostrophe in "Bachelor's Degree"!