PDA

View Full Version : Amazing WSJ story about RP's influence growing in Europe

KramerDSP
08-25-2011, 04:11 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576530592633853796.html

Ron Paul's Amis

Participants at the annual Summer University of the New Economics in France have been focused on Ron Paul's issue: sound money and the political propensity to inflate away debt..

If Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul is dissatisfied with the attention he's getting in America, here's another audience he might try: southeastern France.

This week European free-market economists, activists and students gathered in Aix en Provence for the annual Summer University of the New Economics. The sessions concern the crisis of the welfare state and paths back to fiscal sanity. But participants so far have been focused on Mr. Paul's issue of the summer -- sound money and the political propensity to inflate away debt.

French professor Pascal Salin of the Université Paris-Dauphine, twice on Monday thundered that "it is not necessary to create money," adding that "real money is investment, that's real wealth creation. . . . Morally, devaluation is nothing more than theft."

The University of Geneva's Victoria Curzon-Price adds that central banks carry no small amount of risk to society. "Confidence in money can disappear very quickly. How can we have confidence in states that steal, in central banks that say one thing and do another." Henri Lepage, president of the free-market think tank Institut Turgot, concluded that "at the heart of [this crisis] is the monopoly of central banks.".....

Click the link to finish the article. It's amazing how much of an impact a President Paul would have around the world. It would be profound in many ways.

mello
08-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Ron had meet-up groups all over the world in the previous election. It wasn't even close when you compared it to the other candidates.

KramerDSP
08-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Ron had meet-up groups all over the world in the previous election. It wasn't even close when you compared it to the other candidates.

Reminds me of this video from 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az2lhPhBCUo

KramerDSP
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Jonathan Nitzan
1 comment collapsed Collapse Expand

What these media morons -- with their overpriced salaries and confined desk jobs in perfectly air-conditioned studios and officers -- don't realize, is that Ron Paul's fight for God-given liberty and resistance against tyranny has gone viral. People all over the world are hearing about it. I met a 50 year-old British guy in Taiwan 4 months ago who matter-of-factly affirmed, "Ron Paul... he's the only hope."

I'm a 25-year old expat living in Asia, white and speak fluent Mandarin, have started 2 businesses from nothing and starting the third (would NEVER start a business in the heavily anti-capitalist regulatory hell that is the US), and I can tell you first hand that people in China are starting to get excited about the Ron Paul revolution happening in the US.

P.S. Ted Turner himself on the devastatingly anti-freedom media conglomerate: Google "ted turner beef with big media"
show more show less

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2011/08/25/ron-paul-cant-get-any-respect/#ixzz1W5FJl31U

Oh.My.God.

BucksforPaul
08-25-2011, 05:38 PM
There is no one like Dr. Paul in the entire world and this is not an exaggeration by any means. His political beliefs, voting record and philosophy are unmatched and no one can hold water to the giant that he is. We are lucky enough to live in these times as supporters of this amazing man. I understand that some might say that we should support the message instead of the messenger, but there is no one out there who is delivering the message as he is. You may find a perfect candidate when it comes to civil liberties, but that same person cannot comprehend economic freedoms. You may find an anti aggressive war person, but he or she fails on personal freedoms or the role of government. And I am not just talking about the US, but the entire world.

I would like to congratulate all of you here and the rest of the movement that supports Dr. Paul because history will remember us and our efforts in trying to save all of humanity and not just the US citizens. So be proud of finding the truth and taking action in trying to promote it.

PS: I lived in Belgium for 4 years and clearly remember the formation of EU propaganda of the late 80s and early 90s, but that story is for another day.

Diurdi
08-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I qualify as an international victim of RP :x

torchbearer
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I qualify as an international victim of RP :x

which country?

Diurdi
08-25-2011, 05:48 PM
which country? Finland of all places