PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul scores success in media assault

RonPaulFanInGA
08-25-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62087.html

Pheonix
08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Good read; explains the TIME magazine article and the O'Reilly mishap.

PastaRocket848
08-25-2011, 03:06 PM
so the article begs the question: who's side is Kokesh on? seems like he's doing more harm than good with his attacks on the campaign. it was a scheduling conflict, why would a "supporter" say such things about the campaign?

IndianaPolitico
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Very nice to see an article like this on Politico. Sadly, Kokesh's facebook posts are coming back to haunt him, and more importantly the campaign.

ScotTX
08-25-2011, 03:14 PM
And WHY was Kokesh mentioned there at the end??? Do we really think Benton is keeping RP from the media? There are just some shows that aren't worth going on and O'Riley is one.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Not bad.

bluesc
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
It was OK, fair for the most part.

Kokesh really fucked up though. There really was no need for what he has been saying publicly. They just had to throw that in there at the end.

mello
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
This was interesting:

Benton said Paul was campaigning in New Hampshire last week when he was invited, and had a scheduling conflict, but would be happy to go on O’Reilly’s show in the future.

MRoCkEd
08-25-2011, 03:40 PM
“There is no ‘media blackout’ on Ron Paul,” [Adam Kokesh] wrote, going on to complain about Benton

Thanks Adam! :rolleyes:

belian78
08-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Omg... Reading the comments on Adam's FB page. Ron and Jesse cointelpro? /facepalm

NJames
08-25-2011, 04:14 PM
The discussion of media ignoring presidential candidates got a LOT of time on the Rush Limbaugh show today. Oddly, the name most mentioned was Herman Cain. (Whatever) The guest host Mark Davis was saying that there are no conspiracies amongst the media to ignore anyone. But of course, the reasons why candidates are rightfully ignored are that they have no support and no money. If anyone looks into Ron Paul's campaign as a result of the today's Limbaugh show, they will quickly see that neither of those reasons apply.

It's fun to be top tier, huh?

Eric21ND
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks like Adam caught Herman Cain's foot in mouth disease.

Restore-America-NOW
08-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Adam's doing nothing but hurting our campaign right now and I don't appreciate it at all....

Billay
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Adam Kokesh is a douche.

aclove
08-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Are we so sure Kokesh's animosity is harmful? Most Tea Party activists, if they know about him at all, despise him as a Code Pink-type liberal radical. Hawkish types have tried guilt-by-association attacks against Ron for his endorsement of Kokesh for a couple of years now. Seems to me like this might take that weapon out of their hands.

Billay
08-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Are we so sure Kokesh's animosity is harmful? Most Tea Party activists, if they know about him at all, despise him as a Code Pink-type liberal radical. Hawkish types have tried guilt-by-association attacks against Ron for his endorsement of Kokesh for a couple of years now. Seems to me like this might take that weapon out of their hands.

It's a great thing he's a loon. I wish Alex Jones would do the same.

DinahWest
08-25-2011, 08:23 PM
What this article tells me is that people around here need to chill out and take it down a couple of notches. That whole O'Reilly frenzy was whipped up based on what, speculation. And it is interesting IMO to see how testy people can get when they are not in the loop and automatically assume and presume the worst.

KramerDSP
08-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Great comment below:

I am a constituent, and believe me! the people have not heard from Paul yet!!!!!
He is an amazing politician and his enemies underestimate him and the power he brings to the table with him.
He is in his glory now, feeling his way through this and using what he has learned from history.
Even his own supporters dont know how much support they have and how smart their leader is.
Paul is a well polished and very practiced individual.
He wins elections by having done EXACTLY WHAT CORPORATE media and his foes are doing to him.
He uses this to win and has learned how to pull end runs around them and their lack of coverage and smears.
He plays them all like fiddles and spends almost NO MONEY with them.
They ASK him to do interviews and HE ALLOWS them.
He NEVER calls media or will give one thin dime to corporate media for advertizing.
He views the MSM as the enemy of the Constitution and the American people.
AND THEY ARE!
Paul will slowly work his way through out the US going to HS and college campuses.
This is where the energy is that he desires and can keep up with.
Paul is a rock star to the younger generation.

He has the young people willing to do what ever it takes to get him elected.
This is where Pauls power lies.
It is with the young people.
He speaks their language and our young Americans have never let their country down before.

This election season, Paul may be BIGGER then JFK.
The time for his message has come and young people all over the world are standing up for Ron Paul.
Even our own military gives Ron the most donations. More then all the others COMBINED!

Just remember, MLK was a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN.
I wonder if he would have voted for Ron Paul this next time around or B Obama?

FSP-Rebel
08-25-2011, 09:11 PM
From what I see is that Adam broke FEC law by endorsing donating to Ron (and the moneybomb) via his show. This is likely why RT let him go. Now Ron is embroiled in this mess with his lawyers. Anyone can say anything but just read the facts, I could be wrong. This is not the Russian Gov funding Ron or any mentioning of supporting him. RT is propaganda in our realm just like we do "Radio Free Korea" and the rest of them amongst others. Tit for tat. We all know we fund bull in other areas/countries, RT is a small outlet over here and it is what it is.

Ronpauljones
08-25-2011, 09:19 PM
It's a great thing he's a loon. I wish Alex Jones would do the same.

You wish Alex Jones would do what?

brushfire
08-25-2011, 09:20 PM
From what I see is that Adam broke FEC law by endorsing donating to Ron (and the moneybomb) via his show. This is likely why RT let him go. Now Ron is embroiled in this mess with his lawyers.

I might have missed something, but how does Adam's fk up burden Dr Paul? Unless Ron Paul (or his campaign) was conspiring, how is this a legal issue for the Paul campaign?

If that's all it took, who's stopping RT from advertising for Perry - that'd bounce him pretty quick. For that matter, they might as well knock obama out too.