PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in Florida? Sachs/Mason-Dixon poll UGLY

michaelkellenger
08-25-2011, 02:55 PM
hxxp:// www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/fla-poll-romney-beating-obama-neck-and-neck-w-perry

Mitt Romney 28%
Rick Perry 21%
Michelle Bachman 13%
Herman Cain 7%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Ron Paul 4%
Rick Santorum 2%
Jon Huntsman -
Someone Else 3%
Undecided 17%

kah13176
08-25-2011, 02:59 PM
What the hell is going on?

bkreigh
08-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Nothing is going on down here. I dont hear anything from any of the candidates. The only i have received is something in the mail from Huntsman regarding Presidency 5. Its quiet.

PastaRocket848
08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
huntsman's office is down the street from my house. i havent even seen him around.. much less anyone else. i wouldn't worry about it.

JohnGalt23g
08-25-2011, 03:04 PM
FLA GOP primary voters consist largely of two groups; senior citizens worried about their Social Security, and anti-Castro Cubans.

Forget about Florida, at least in the primary. If things play out like they did last year, their delegates won't even matter.

orenbus
08-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Take a look at the 2008 Florida Primary results here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Republican_primary,_2008

The numbers around relatively the same.

This is what I have been saying all along, we cannot continue to live in a bubble this can not be a national campaign, we need to pick our battles and right now the most important states needs to be the ones that will have the largest impact on the other states, i.e., Iowa and New Hampshire. We need to bridge the generational gap and reach out to older voters through phone calls and door to door canvassing activities since you know we won't get that much play in the media and need to reach out to Republican voters directly. Unless we do the work that is necessary our chances of overcoming the challenges ahead is difficult.

amyre
08-25-2011, 04:35 PM
My town in Florida seems so extreme.....Christian conservatives who will vote on the social issues OR those deeply dependent on welfare programs. Obviously not EVERYONE falls into one of those two categories, but from my casual observation it seems as though many do. Those that don't fall into one of those two categories seem pretty level headed and open for discussion, so there is hope.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Ron will win the other states by FIRST coming in top 3 in Iowa, and winning NH and NV. Joining the phone from home program is vitally important.

Brett85
08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
In all honestly, the only chance Ron has to win the GOP nomination is if he gets an upset win in Iowa. If he could do that, he would get a huge wave of momentum which would make his national numbers skyrocket. So I think it's really a good idea to ignore all these other states. Ron needs to go all out in Iowa.

Badger Paul
08-26-2011, 04:09 PM
"this can not be a national campaign, we need to pick our battles and right now the most important states needs to be the ones that will have the largest impact on the other states, i.e., Iowa and New Hampshire."

Exactly. What happens in Florida is going to be influenced by what happens in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina, just like it was four years ago. Obviously RP is not going to poll well in Florida because the demographics are against him and this wasn't a very big sample of the Florida GOP. That doesn't mean we abandon the state but for right now it's a grassroots show, like for the straw poll Presidency 5 for example.

Aratus
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
What the hell is going on?

JEB is watching things!

Slutter McGee
08-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Ron will win the other states by FIRST coming in top 3 in Iowa, and winning NH and NV. Joining the phone from home program is vitally important.

I actually think it is more possible to win Iowa than NH. Romney has a pretty good hold on NH. I would be happy with a strong second. If we don't win Iowa, I think a strong second could propel us to a win in NV which would be absolutely necessary. Win none of the first four states, then we probably morph into a more educational campaign again. The difference being, right now we should be trying to win votes, not win people over to all of our views. I think there is a big difference.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

trey4sports
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Winning an early state is the only way we boost FL numbers, but i think winning Iowa is a lot more doable than winning NH. IMO

trey4sports
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I actually think it is more possible to win Iowa than NH. Romney has a pretty good hold on NH. I would be happy with a strong second. If we don't win Iowa, I think a strong second could propel us to a win in NV which would be absolutely necessary. Win none of the first four states, then we probably morph into a more educational campaign again. The difference being, right now we should be trying to win votes, not win people over to all of our views. I think there is a big difference.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Nevada will be downplayed again. Winning Iowa or NH is vital

orenbus
08-26-2011, 05:27 PM
"this can not be a national campaign, we need to pick our battles and right now the most important states needs to be the ones that will have the largest impact on the other states, i.e., Iowa and New Hampshire."

Exactly. What happens in Florida is going to be influenced by what happens in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina, just like it was four years ago. Obviously RP is not going to poll well in Florida because the demographics are against him and this wasn't a very big sample of the Florida GOP. That doesn't mean we abandon the state but for right now it's a grassroots show, like for the straw poll Presidency 5 for example.

The reason for my post is to point out that we need to focus on Iowa and New Hampshire, I agree we just don't abandon the state of Florida like if there are events such as a straw poll yea let the grassroots have fun and absolutely participate with that. However the grassroots in Florida need to determine what is the best use of their valuable time and in the short amount of time they have before the Iowa and NH caucus/primary.

Although I am a huge proponent of sign waves, putting up signs and doing local and internet based projects I think the only way we can win is if states like Florida figure out ways to help NH and Iowa for example the phone calls and sending people north to get more boots on the ground in states where it is absolutely critical that we win. If we cannot win Iowa or NH or come very close to winning I honestly don't see a strategy where we can catch up later. Ron Paul supporters need to understand this and do what they can to help ensure victory in those states.

I will be honest with you, in December of 2007 when I went up to New Hampshire and saw the shortage of volunteers that we needed to do door to door canvassing (compared to what other campaigns were doing) I knew in my heart it was over. And I can honestly say if we do not win Iowa and if I go up to New Hampshire this year and see another shortage of volunteers up there things are not going to look good. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again, check my signature below.