PDA

View Full Version : A Snap-Shot of the Future GOP

TexMac
08-25-2011, 11:13 AM
A pretty amazing article for this hardcore Republican blog. They're looking at the internals of the latest Gallup poll:

A Snap-Shot of the Future GOP (http://race42012.com/2011/08/25/a-snap-shot-of-the-future-gop/)

Amongst the people who are going to comprise the bulk of the mainstream GOP in 20-40 years, Ron Paul is far and away the frontrunner, with 29% of the vote. Perry follows at 21%, with Bachmann at 12%, and Romney in a distant fourth place at 11%.

This younger generation is a generation that has a stomach for severe fiscal austerity, that is culturally modern, and that is fed up with endless, pointless wars. They’re comfortable supporting a candidate who promises to slash entitlements, because they know they’re not going to get any of the benefits they’re supposedly paying for. They gladly support a candidate who wants to roll back the big-government foreign policy, because they’ve been used and abused in unnecessary wars and nation-building. They’re fine with voting for a guy who’s going to end the War on Drugs, because they–like their great grandparents did–see that prohibition has been a complete failure.

Paul and Bachmann, two of the most anti-establishment, fiscally conservative, state sovereignty-supporting, non-interventionist voices in the current Republican line-up (apart from Johnson), both poll best among this group. Combined, they make up 41% of this electorate. Factor in the support for other socially moderate candidates (Giuliani, Huntsman, Pataki, Johnson), and even–to an extent–the supporters of Palin, who would basically de-fund marijuana prohibition and pare down the Patriot Act, and this sounds the death knell for the Moral Majority, government-in-your-bedroom Republicans.

More at the link.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't think Bachmann is a non-interventionist.

gls
08-25-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't think Bachmann is a non-interventionist.

...or "anti-establishment" in any way, shape or form.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, still the gist of the article is right, even though they try to shoehorn in the candidates they like, so it won't be a pro-Paul post, lol.

ctiger2
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM

...or "fiscally conservative" either. She voted FOR stimulus packages. She's clueless when it comes to economics.

smartguy911
08-25-2011, 11:20 AM
the era of the moral majority is over. The era of neoconservatism is over. The era of sacred financial cows is over. Paul, bachmann, and johnson are to tomorrow’s gop, what reagan, mccain, and bush were to yesterday’s gop.

wow

Lafayette
08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
The comments sure are sad.

TexMac
08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
The comments sure are sad.

To be expected. There are a couple of funny sarcastic ones.

smartguy911
08-25-2011, 11:57 AM
To be expected. There are a couple of funny sarcastic ones.

yeah saw this --

Ron Paul is crazy. He is for small government, sound currency, no income tax, pulling our troops out. There is no way we Republicans should allow our party to turn into a party of fiscal conservatism , support of state sovereignty, non-interventionist. We need to unite and stay focused on the wars.

lol

jason43
08-25-2011, 12:22 PM
That hit the nail on the head.

I dont care at all about social security, because I know I'll never see it. I'd prefer to vote for someone who would outright abolish it than vote for someone who would increase my taxes to pay for it...

MJU1983
08-25-2011, 12:24 PM

:)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/ss-110531-michelle-bachmann-01.jpg

Paul4Prez
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
We're winning the future. Now we need to win the present, so there will be a future.