PDA

View Full Version : Is there a conspiracy against Ron Paul?

tangent4ronpaul
08-25-2011, 05:21 AM
http://www2.starexponent.com/news/2011/aug/24/there-conspiracy-against-ron-paul-ar-1260014/

I am not one for conspiracy theories. One of the important things I learned in my brief time in Washington D.C. is that it is very hard to keep a secret in politics. But in the wake of Ron Paul’s near victory (he lost by less than 1%) in the Iowa Straw Poll I had to fight the thought that there was a concerted effort among many to keep Ron Paul as far off the radar screen of Americans as possible.

It’s like this.

The establishment left fears Paul because he is actually serious about reducing the size of government, by a lot. They see a Paul presidency coupled with an even more powerful Tea Party in Congress as the possible death of the New Deal dream. This blows their minds. Obamacare under President Paul? Not likely.

The establishment right fears Paul because he is a threat to the massive warfare (and now surveillance) state that this country has built since World War II.

If we bring our troops home, if we end the wars that are bankrupting the country, if we abolish the TSA, if we reign in the Department of Homeland Security, how is the establishment right going to get money to the people who give the establishment right politicians money?

So there you have it. Both sides don’t want Paul to be president, and because Paul represents change, not fake Obama “change” but real change, they will do everything they can to make sure their club remains intact.

rest at link.
article has a comment section

LisaNY
08-25-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist either but it certainly seems that way.

Join The Paul Side
08-25-2011, 06:51 AM
It's not a conspiracy. It's an all out attack mission against the good doctor and it's going down right in front of our faces. The evidence is all over the internet. :mad:

PastaRocket848
08-25-2011, 07:01 AM
That's not a conspiracy, it's American politics. I suppose political parties and their leaders conspire to accomplish their goals (whatever they may be), but it's not anything abnormal or new.

Men in power want to stay in power. Ron wants to diminish the power of the state. It's just politics.

iamse7en
08-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes there is a conspiracy against Ron Paul. People are conspiring behind the scenes to make sure his movement gets as little traction as possible. But it gets even more sinister than that. If you want to really learn about political conspiracies, watch these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_JqDy905cA) two videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9LjT4nAmnE).

tangent4ronpaul
08-25-2011, 07:58 AM
And it's having the exact opposite effect - dontcha just love blowback? :D

Lot of people are saying - maybe I should check this guy out, and I'm seeing a lot of support from the left this time around.

Bless you John Stewart!

-t

LibertyEagle
08-25-2011, 08:01 AM
The only way to defeat it is to get off the internet and into your communities. Get involved with your local GOP; identify likely GOP voters in your communities; become a precinct leader if one does not already exist; find out how to become a delegate.

If you still have time on your hands after that, volunteer with the campaign to call likely voters in Iowa and NH. :)

This is how elections are won. We still have a very good chance, but only if the supporters help.

VoluntaryAmerican
08-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Yes its a conspiracy. You can't want to end the fed, the cia, end our empire, without having the status quo (media and government) try to destroy your chances.